Zeitgeist

Started by Jeremy Blackman, September 10, 2007, 09:51:00 PM

Jeremy Blackman

I'll try to keep this simple.

This movie is about religion, war, 9/11, and world power. It is very well-made. And it's really, really important.

It can be seen online (through Google video) at the film's website.

http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

maya kash

A lost generation
No war to fight so we kill time
Entrenched in the apathetic pursuit of nothingness
Throwing stones at false idols
Until our pouches are empty
Imprisoned by the debts of our fathers
Crippled by the nurturing milk of our mothers breasts
Led by celluloid generals to
the beat of streetwise thug millionaires
We march toward a zionistic fantasy land
of celebrity and fame
Like the dog that returns to its vomit
We seek out what we have been fed
Input equals output and the mathematics of our minds
Only fuels the appetite of our souls
Hungry for exposure that will reveal us for who we are
Irony
Tread lightly soldier for you walk on hallowed ground
Many have come and still more will rise
Yet it is the brave arrogant few who will embody the Presence
Speakers of this house
Of cards, of smoke and mirrors
A five and dime
A pocket of change will get you nothing
but an unquenchable desire for conformity
No mistake be made
All in the name of individuality
The battle cry of fallen legions
The song of sadness in their dying breath
Be different, Express myself
Subtext, different chapter, less volume
Same book in the library of humanity
Do you like me?
Am I OK?
Questions beg answers like war begs peace
Spiritual spackle hasn't patched these gaping holes
And what about it?
Where is He in all this?
Golden statues, cups and trophies accepted in His name
In His name like the miracles performed before them
Talent bestowed by Him or Her or Whatever
So long as you got It
Called by different names but acknowledged universally
As the motherlode of superstardom
The spearhead of the movement called It
She wants to be the It girl
He wants to give It to her
And we love to watch
Hoping one day just maybe
We too will have what It takes
Rising above It all
Shouting from the mountaintop
I made it
I finally made It!
"Money is the blood of the planet.  Heal the money and we can heal the world."

"Put your mouth where my money is."

The Sheriff

id fuck ayn rand

The Sheriff

id fuck ayn rand

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

The Sheriff

id fuck ayn rand

The Sheriff

is

notice the very different opinions in the comments left below the videos. if you dont like war, this is where it all starts

id fuck ayn rand

socketlevel

saw it a while back, loved it and keep going back to it for inspiration.  JB i agree with you, probably my favorite film of this year, and not only the most important film of this decade but in the history of moving pictures.  JFK was the last film that left me with a similar feeling of importance.

the reason why it transends all other consiracy documentaries is because it essentially wraps them all up into one and leaves you with the big picture.  all the 9/11 documentaries never had motive,  this film not only has motive behind the conspiracy, but it name drops who is behind it.  the evidence is presented logically, and the deductions are drawn from intentions rather than trivia.  one gets the sense that the film maker isn't producing the film out of a love of the unknown, but rather to educate the public on a massive scale facade.  the fact that the film maker also does not include his/her name in the credits also should be commended, it is for how important this film is, not oportunism via the film maker or any ego bound intentions. i salute that.

being broke up into 4 distinct sections the docu also has a experimental/open concept flow to it.  and it's a great thing cuz you originally don't see direct connections between these 4 sections, but by the end of the picture you not only understand the intention of this puzzle assembly style of film making, but you also understand that the motive and objectives of the antagonists/elite have used.  they are the same techniques used since the beginning of civilization.

in my honest opinion, the first segment will make your jaw hit the  fucking ground, and even though it's obviously needed to come first in the film, the information will probably be the kind you've never heard of before.  this single handedly made the first segment the best in the film.  don't be dissapointed cuz more good shit comes from that point on, but the religion section is flawless in the point it implies.  all i can say is for myself, and i consider myself moderatly well read, the first section does more to expose the truth behind religion then 2,000 devinchi codes (or the source material "holy blood, holy grail") could ever do.  this is because, more importantly, it delves into why there is religion in the first place.

the most amazing thing about this docu is what it suggests at the rawest form of human spirituality and the basis of the history of man.  because it not only debunks popular opinion on contemporary issues, but it brings to the ground traditions and rituals established many millenia ago by the first "free thinking" men.  these very same rituals that thousands of years later compose our understanding of the world and the moral/ethical conduct we are made of (taught).  lies that were told many generations ago have been the basis of the human heart for so long, because what if a inherantly evil lie could be hidden in a publically taught concept of love and god.  if  this is the case, then the true form of the devil (void of religion) has usurped us all through the guise of our "saviors".

this film seeks to find the truth, and as an agnostic myself, i can't help but be in awe at how the truth really can set people free.

-sl-

with all that said i'm not 100% in tune with every single point in the docu, but i think it's on the right track and it's asking the most important questions that need to be addressed.
the one last hit that spent you...

The Sheriff

Quote from: socketlevel on October 29, 2007, 01:15:58 PM
as an agnostic myself, i can't help but be in awe at how the truth really can set people free.

so you became an atheist right?
id fuck ayn rand

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I finally got around to watching this and I want my three segments of life back.

I'm really tired of this Loose Change generation where someone jacks stock footage and interview footage from other conspiracy theory online movies, and then adds a little extra and compiles it all in imovie, then solicits it specifically online because no one would DARE endorse it.  No, this is not the case.  No one doesn't endorse it because they're afraid of the powers that be, they won't endorse it because it's so horribly assembled.

Zeitgeist brought up all the basic misconceptions and grievances about Christianity that have been around for centuries, didn't really touch face on anything new.

Let's get some decent journalism and filmmaking and maybe some conspiracy theories might actually develop, but until then, every movement that challenges the mainstream will be seen as pisspoor and lose credibility, therefore hurting the cause more than helping it.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Pubrick

Quote from: Walrus on November 07, 2007, 10:49:30 PM
No one doesn't endorse it because they're afraid of the powers that be, they won't endorse it because it's so horribly assembled.

"The Sheriff" syndrome.
under the paving stones.

socketlevel

Quote from: The Sheriff on October 30, 2007, 02:10:24 AM
Quote from: socketlevel on October 29, 2007, 01:15:58 PM
as an agnostic myself, i can't help but be in awe at how the truth really can set people free.

so you became an atheist right?

no i leave that to the unknown, and not try to find it or explain it, if when my ticker stops there is something then cool, if not then cool cuz i won't have any thoughts to care.

but i don't think the film is atheist either, one of the quotes in the film states "i don't know what god is, but i know what he isn't."  that's kinda the whole point of setting someone free, free to decide themselves, or in my case free to choose not to decide and just find out when i get there.  it's not lazy imo either, it's logical because we're talking about something that is an idea of existence.  no atheist can prove otherwise either.

and to the loose change comment, naw this isn't loose change, i agree with how you feel about that to an extent.  aren't you barking up the wrong tree?  like why a hate on for a free docu on the internet?  i thought it was well made for having no budget.  i guess i'd ask you what if someone wanted to breach this topic seriously, would they just be filed into that same stereotype?   and more importantly, why does it have to be big budget?  and lastly, who the fuck would fund it?

on a broader note, not directed at anyone on the site, but something that comes to mind as i write this.... if what this docu is suggesting happened in any "pinko" country we wouldn't be surprised, god forbid we start to think that the "free and independent" america might be one of the worst places in the world.  democracy is being able to have that opinion, and the people that disagree with said opinion fight to let that person have that opinion, without their own sense of patriotism getting in the way.  patriotism is the greatest form of leading the cattle to the slaughter, don't be proud of anything anyone else does in your country, be proud of any human that does the right thing. 

i think the film maker of this piece of work believes what he/she is saying in the film, i also feel like he/she has a passion to convey this belief, and even though i don't agree with everything stated in the film, i applaud the intent to question the perceived reality.  also, i do believe it's possible that everything in the film is true.

i guess is just comes back to this fact and i'll use an example to help illustrate my belief...  if i owned a dental practice, the last thing in the world i would want is society to actually stop eating candy, despite the fact i'm giving them the advice to do so, because people having bad teeth is my bread and butter.  perpetual fixing teeth is the business, not permanent improvement.  so flash forward a generation or so and now my son who has taken up my practice is an opportunist like anyone else, so now he pushes the envelope and realizes that opening a candy store means he not only controls both sides of the coin, but even more money can be made.  why would we think that any government/international bankers would be any different?  war profiteers at some point started lobbying government to create perpetual war so they're always in business. sounds crazy i know, but perfectly logical.

-sl-
the one last hit that spent you...

Neil

So, let's get back on this train here.  I note the fact that this isn't one of the greatest films ever assembled and i'm sure it's filled with things that are a little silly and untrue.  However, to me the whole idea of the sun being the basis of these stories etc is something i totally can believe.  as much as i love carlin and bill hicks, i think putting in snipets of their routine doesn't help, you need more balance (if that's possible) if you want credibility and serious substance, but aside from this. what is the opinion here, bullshit? truth?

Of course fuck christianity,  but what the fuck?

Welcome to coffee talk. let's talk
it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.

Kal

Has anybody here seen Part 2 (actually called Zeitgeist : Addendum)? If you haven't, you should.

Neil

you should throw up a link. because i think the problem is that there a fifty fucking versions.  I think the one i saw was called "Zeitgeist remastered 2007" so. yeah. it started out with "the greatest story ever told" and went to "all the world's a stage" what does addendum talk about?
it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.