time between Mag DVD and PDL announcement?

Started by tpfkabi, February 29, 2004, 10:36:33 PM

SHAFTR

Quote from: LinkOkay, on a semirelated topic:  is anyone else bothered by the line "Business is very food?"  Because I am!  I can understand "This is Back."  But "food" and "good" aren't even pronounced the same!  What the heck?  It was a cheap line!  PTA couldn't think of anything better?!  Goodness.

Anywho, it makes me love the line even more.

I think it's just a case of saying something while having something else on your mind.  He is looking at the food, and while he is going through the normal conversation (how are you? how is business? etc).  He really is just looking at the food, uninterested in the social interactions.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

Link

I see.  So the true theme of PDL is: Hunger.   :wink:

I do the same thing sometimes.  I just happen to hate and love this one at the same time.

Alethia

then how do you explain "this is back..."

Link

Well, obviously, Barry had his mind on phone sex and who would be on the other line.  he must have been thinking "I hope this baby's got some back, and I'd like to take a bite out of it" (hence the Hunger theme), and just as he was thinking about a chick's "back," he picks up, and bickety bam, "This is Back."

:wink:

tpfkabi

isn't it frustrating that we hear about every film Darren Aronofsky, Christopher Nolan & Richard Kelly even THINK about directing and not a single word from PTA?

come on.....a title.......a loose plot description........possible cast.........what is the need to be so secretive about it?
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

AntiDumbFrogQuestion

next year me & my chronies will be trying to make a short film (and VERY short at that) every weekend....I imagine my PTA obsession will make its way into it....
but, so far, thats the closest i'm getting to anything new from him.
A fan's half-assed semi-ripoff.

unless we get that 6-year hiatus we got w/ his buddy Quentin, this here cat still cant wait til a new announcement on PTA   :-D

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

ElPandaRoyal

Si

tpfkabi

Link

Pwaybloe

tpfkabi

Quote from: PwaybloeDid somebody say something?

is that BB in your avatar?

i know it's not from Contempt, but it looks very similar