Noticeable goofs in movies

Started by Jack Sparrow, June 13, 2003, 02:53:05 PM

Jack Sparrow

This cap is from 'Rush Hour', I was just wondering if anyone has noticed this goof? Because it is a goof, right? Notice the crane, it shouldn't be there at all. Hm.... :?

modage

i saw a mic dip into the shot noticeable during DOWN WITH LOVE.

and i (already) pointed out on my 25th hour DVD...

that the lip synch is completely off when Edward Norton says "No, be my guest", to the DEA officers and the lip synch is completely off. you hear him finish his sentence before his lips move. how the hell could something like this slip by? its in chapter 5 "uncomfortable sofa" for anyone who wants to check this out for me.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

polkablues

Quote from: themodernage02i saw a mic dip into the shot noticeable during DOWN WITH LOVE.

That's more likely the projectionist's fault than the filmmakers'.  It's the same thing when I saw "Adaptation" and the tops of everybody's heads were cut off.
My house, my rules, my coffee

modage

this site might be of interest....

http://www.movie-mistakes.com/

titanic has 164 mistakes. including factual errors, crew/equiptment, and continuity.  thats interesting.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

ProgWRX

also on imdb you can check out the goofs for any film you can think of :)
-Carlos

Pedro

I'm thinking dvd caps of the best of them

bonanzataz

it's not on the dvd, but when they framed the vhs of pee wee's big adventure for standard screen, they screwed up and that's why you see the long chain coming from a hole in the case on pee wee's bike (if you've seen the movie, you know what i mean). before i saw a copy of the dvd, i thought that joke was hilarious, but burton's commentary is like, 'yeah, that chain wasn't supposed to be there. they screwed up in the standard screen version.'
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Ghostboy

I thought he mentioned it on the DVD, but maybe it was in the Burton On Burton book...but he said he kind of wished it was still there, because it added to the movie. I agree!

oakmanc234

I dont usually like to think of movie mistakes (especially from movies that I like) but one pops to mind immediately: in 'Spider-Man' when Peter is in his bedroom and launches his web at a lamp, he pulls it back, it shatters against the wall behind him, his grandma comes in, AND THE FUCKING LAMP IS SITTING IN THE SAME SPOT AS BEFORE, UNHARMED. I mean, was that mistake intentional????
'Welcome the Thunderdome, bitch'

bonanzataz

i noticed, first thing, when i saw about a boy, the kid is opening his presents and i see in the background a walkman. i'm like, i thought his family is poor, how does he have a walkman? he gets a bunch of shitty presents and then hugh grant gives him the walkman and i'm like, OH SHIT! THERE'S THE FUCKING WALKMAN! THEY SCREWED UP!
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Xixax

Quote from: themodernage02i saw a mic dip into the shot noticeable during DOWN WITH LOVE.
I saw the same thing last night in a Sundance Channel viewing of Happiness. It was when the police come to Bill's house.
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

RegularKarate

As far as Spiderman goes.  If that's the only continuity error you noticed, you weren't paying much attention.  

It's so chaulk full of that shit.

Especially during the scene at the end in the graveyard.  Hands are jumping up and down like mad.

Ernie

I really hate people that point out flaws in movies constantly. I mean, some are unforgivable but when it's something small...people just have to chill. There was this fucking girl in my film study class that belted out "that's soooooooooo FAKE!" at least once every class, I swear...it was annoying as hell.

The only flaws that can sometimes bother me are the character or plot ones...like the ones in writing and in storytelling or in casting. Like, for example...I hate how Alex is suppose to be 14 in A Clockwork Orange. There is no way he looks that young! My sister got this idea that he is lying to them, so that kind of helps me sleep at night...that could be true. I'd really like to think that's the case. There's no reason they couldn't have made him older...it was true enough to the book dammit. He should have been at least 16, more like 17 or 18 though.

Ravi

Quote from: polkablues

That's more likely the projectionist's fault than the filmmakers'.  It's the same thing when I saw "Adaptation" and the tops of everybody's heads were cut off.

The prints for DWL were anamorphic, so there isn't that much room for error that the projectionist could show a boom in the shot.

What's really weird is that right now I'm wearing the same shirt Tobey Maguire is in this cap.

Fernando

Quote from: ebeamanI really hate people that point out flaws in movies constantly. I mean, some are unforgivable but when it's something small...people just have to chill. There was this fucking girl in my film study class that belted out "that's soooooooooo FAKE!" at least once every class, I swear...it was annoying as hell.

The only flaws that can sometimes bother me are the character or plot ones...like the ones in writing and in storytelling or in casting. Like, for example...I hate how Alex is suppose to be 14 in A Clockwork Orange. There is no way he looks that young! My sister got this idea that he is lying to them, so that kind of helps me sleep at night...that could be true. I'd really like to think that's the case. There's no reason they couldn't have made him older...it was true enough to the book dammit. He should have been at least 16, more like 17 or 18 though.

I know in the book it's pretty clear how old is he, but in ACO the film his age is never mentioned.

Besides the film is such a masterpiece that that little detail shouldn't be bothering you.