ossscar: bowling for columbine

Started by underdog, March 23, 2003, 10:12:43 PM

underdog

i know bowling for columbine was a great movie and im happy it won a oscar.however, when Michael Moore said that stuff about Mr.bush..lol. man that was funny.. i bet michael will be in the paper on monday...
lol
:lol:
"This is my week off, so pack up,
take the kids, and I'll see you in a week"

life_boy

I'm also glad Bowling won.  I was afraid for a while there that it was going to get over-looked because of the possible controversy that could be caused, but thankfully the film won.  

About what he said, I didn't hear anything except for the beginning and the end.  The sound was cut off.  Did the producer decide to cut the sound?  Did it happen everywhere?  What the hell happened?

neatahwanta

I think you couldn't hear it because half the audience was cheering him, and the other half were booing him.

life_boy

No, the sound was cut off.  Was that just something that happened here in Tupelo, MS?

bonanzataz

didn't happen to me. I for one think that what Moore did was extremely inappropriate. He just wanted to stand up on his little soap box and try to make the awards a forum for his big mouth. While I loved the movie, I just feel Moore is so full of himself and feels like everybody in the world thinks he's some amazing man, devoting his life to finding world peace.  :roll:  Adrien Brody's speech was far more fitting for the occasion.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

bonanzataz

JB, we're aware of the 500 different threads for Moore's acceptance speech!  :yabbse-wink:
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Duck Sauce

Quote from: bonanzatazdidn't happen to me. I for one think that what Moore did was extremely inappropriate. He just wanted to stand up on his little soap box and try to make the awards a forum for his big mouth. While I loved the movie, I just feel Moore is so full of himself and feels like everybody in the world thinks he's some amazing man, devoting his life to finding world peace.  :roll:  Adrien Brody's speech was far more fitting for the occasion.

Yeah, I agree. I liked Columbine but I hate Moore, he is too confident that everything he says is sooo right and will be the best for all people. It just gets on my nerves and lately it seems like he has been trying to be too much of a "Big Asshole" because he feels its his duty.