Official RADIOHEAD thread

Started by Duck Sauce, January 11, 2003, 05:54:58 PM

last days of gerry the elephant

Stefan, what's the deal?
Hook us up with invites to waffles.

Anyway, I'm also robbing it from what.cd

i found it the moment i posted my last post. it's...right in front of you. :yabbse-wink:

cd2 in case anyone wants it:
http://www.mediafire.com/?9tnimxglcd

wow, did thom just sang 'i'm stuck in a tardis' ???   badass.
context, context, context.

Pubrick

Quote from: cron on December 03, 2007, 12:43:58 PM
cd2 in case anyone wants it:
http://www.mediafire.com/?9tnimxglcd

i'm there and i don't see anything.

papa needs a new pair of ringtones!

ring without tones
without ring without
tones without ring
under the paving stones.

hedwig

here it is.

Quote from: cron on December 03, 2007, 12:43:58 PM
wow, did thom just sang 'i'm stuck in a tardis' ???   badass.

i'm stuck in the TARDIS
trapped in hyperspace
one minute snake charming
the next in a motorcade

that's probably my favorite b-side right now.

MK1 and MK2 are around a minute long each. MK1 has echoes of Videotape and allows for thom yorke to once again demonstrate that thom yorke is the greatest hummer of all time. MK2 is total jonny greenwood. i looove the percussion and strings on Down is the New Up. the most stripped down track is Last Flowers. it's lovely but easy to see why it wasn't included on the album. and Bangers & Mash is the bodysnatchers of the b-sides.

Go Slowly is one of the most satisfying things i've heard this year. i love how every little sound that builds and then fades is later reprised at some point. it's perfect. kind of like a calmer There There.

Pubrick

Quote from: Hedwig on December 03, 2007, 02:38:56 PM
and Bangers & Mash is the bodysnatchers of the b-sides.

haha, definitely.

thanks for the hook up, excellent audio quality.. better than the actual album.  :yabbse-sad:
under the paving stones.

Stefen

I'm disappointed. Only because I set myself up to get another full album of new material and instead all it was were b-sides. My own fault I guess. It makes In Rainbows sound actually better knowing they chose the correct tracklisting.

Last Flowers is beautiful though.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

I Don't Believe in Beatles

Thanks for uploading that, Hedwig.
"A film is - or should be - more like music than like fiction. It should be a progression of moods and feelings. The theme, what's behind the emotion, the meaning, all that comes later." --Stanley Kubrick

MacGuffin

Your chance to download Radiohead's In Rainbows is about to end. The band has announced that the InRainbows.com Web site will close Saturday. But you can still plunk down $80 for the box set at Radiohead's online w.a.s.t.e. store, while supplies last.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

grand theft sparrow

1. Last Flowers is legendary.   

2. You're all crazy.  Bangers & Mash is phenomenal!  Hardly the Bodysnatchers of CD2.  They almost fall into some 70s Roy Ayers-type funk.  I kept waiting for a horn section to kick in.  The ending tries its best to kill it but it makes it through alright.  Most improved from the 06 tour.

3. Up on the Ladder is Punch-Up's baby brother.  And that's cool with me.

4. Minute Warning is a decent closer.  Like Spielberg regards David Koepp.  Could go head-to-head with Videotape on a good day.

5. Go Slowly is OK but it should really be called Wish You Were There There.

6. Down Is The New Up is the real disappointment here.  I have one or two live versions of it here and I'm probably not going to stop listening to them.  In fact, it needs a little of what Bangers has, which the live versions of Down actually had.  The strings make it sound like a Bond theme.  Which really just makes me want more than ever for Radiohead to do a real Bond theme.

7. I nothing MK1&2. :|

brockly

this felt more like hail to the thief left overs than rainbows. i pretty much agree with everything sparrow said, except i think go slowly is great. i didnt like bangers n mash when i heard it live, but i LOVE the recorded version. after hearing the b-sides i can definately say that bodysnatchers and house of cards are still by far the worst of the rainbow recording sesh (imo).

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

essbe

I had heard Radiohead every now and then but never really invested into listening to them.  When In Rainbows became available to download for free I decided to check them out, what a good idea that was.  The more I listen to them, the more I like them.  I've downloaded a few  songs and I'm just wondering what you guys think their best albums are, and if possible where I can download them.
Film lovers are sick people

squints

"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

matt35mm

Oh be fair.  Many of us were exactly that when Hail to the Thief came out.

Essbe, I think you'll find your answers in other parts of this thread.  I believe there's a few pages where a bunch of people ranked their favorite albums and discussed their choices.  The short answer, however, would be to get ahold of all of them.  There's not one that I'd consider not worth having.