There Will Be Blood - now with child/partner forum we call H.W.

Started by depooter, March 27, 2005, 02:24:56 PM

tpfkabi

I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

RegularKarate

Quote from: bigideas on December 07, 2007, 08:12:58 AM
Quote from: RegularKarate on December 06, 2007, 08:35:46 PM
I saw There Will Be Blood today.

and then.....?

and then I get to help interview John C. Reilly today.

oh, you mean what did I think?  it was amazing... my spoiling spoils are in the spoiler spoil

tpfkabi

Quote from: RegularKarate on December 07, 2007, 12:25:51 PM
Quote from: bigideas on December 07, 2007, 08:12:58 AM
Quote from: RegularKarate on December 06, 2007, 08:35:46 PM
I saw There Will Be Blood today.

and then.....?

and then I get to help interview John C. Reilly today.

oh, you mean what did I think?  it was amazing... my spoiling spoils are in the spoiler spoil

ok.
i'm staying away from that thread.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

MacGuffin

The Background of BLOOD
One of filmmaker Paul Thomas Anderson's secrets to acting success involves people who have absolutely no shot at an Academy Award nomination.
By FilmStew.com

The buzz is steadily building about Daniel Day-Lewis' performance as turn of the century oil man Daniel Plainview in There Will Be Blood, and deservedly so. It is another tour de force, all-in bravura performance, destined to be the one to beat next February at the Kodak Center.

But as far as the film's writer-director Paul Thomas Anderson is concerned, an equal shout out deserves to be given to someone by the name of Kristan Berona. As a member of Sande Alessi Casting, an 11-year San Fernando Valley based extras casting outfit with credits ranging from Pirates of the Caribbean to War of the Worlds to the Austin Powers movies, Berona made sure the locals chosen for on location shooting in Marfa, Texas looked the part.

"Without exaggerating, I think that a film lives and dies by its extras," insists Anderson. "The locals in the film had that West Texas flavor that can only come from living in that place. You can have a great actor like Daniel Day-Lewis, but if the person who is standing behind him is all wrong and a distraction, you're dead."

Berona's boss, Sande Alessi – whose own extra work career at one point encompassed repeat stints as a waitress on Seinfeld - obviously has a sense of humor. Her business is incorporated as 'The Casting Couch Inc.,' a misnomer since most people willing to sleep with a producer or director are looking for much more than a part with no lines. Or at least the smarter portion of those engaged in this time honored pratice.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

B.C. Long

Frick. How can the soundtrack not include the track where SPOILERS Oil geyser explodes/H.W. goes deaf?!!?!?! END SPOILERS

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

B.C. Long

Wow, I've seen the movie and I said that. Can I count that as a typo?  :oops:

idk

wow that was scary to scroll over

on the updated official twbb website the song they have playing has certain parts that sound very similar to that one song from eyes wide shut

theyarelegion

from cigarettes and red vines:

"little boston news has been updated. all the previous production photos filled with crew members and assistants have been replaced with a deleted scene from the film called 'campfire.'"

http://www.littlebostonnews.com

md

"look hard at what pleases you and even harder at what doesn't" ~ carolyn forche

children with angels

I haven't seen the film (and won't till feb - thanks, UK), and as such I'm obviously not about to go venturing into the jungle of the ruinous spoilers in order to find out: has anyone who has seen the film actually been disappointed by it at all? Considering the amount of expectation surrounding it, that seems extraordinary - and makes me even more worried in a sense...
"Should I bring my own chains?"
"We always do..."

http://www.alternatetakes.co.uk/
http://thelesserfeat.blogspot.com/

Pozer

idk

on the vantage guilds website they put stuff in the "production notes" section that was previously vacant, some new quotes and other stuff although in some parts it seems to get a little too in depth plot wise, i skipped over these parts so im not sure how spoilery it gets

Myxo

L.A. Film Critics give 'Blood,' Lewis top honors

Paul Thomas Anderson's "There Will Be Blood," an epic tale of the oil business in early 20th-century California, won four awards from the Los Angeles Film Critics Association in their year-end voting Sunday including best picture, director and actor honors.

Anderson was selected as best director while Daniel-Day Lewis' performance as a rapacious oil man in "There Will Be Blood" won as best actor.

For cinematography, the group voted for Janusz Kaminski's work in "The Diving Bell and the Butterfly." Robert Elswit's cinematography on "There Will Be Blood" was runner-up.

For best musical score, the critics selected the score -- mostly songs written by Glen Hansard and Markita Irglova -- for the Irish musical "Once." Jonny Greenwood's score for "There Will Be Blood" was runner-up.

grand theft sparrow