There Will Be Blood - now with child/partner forum we call H.W.

Started by depooter, March 27, 2005, 02:24:56 PM

w/o horse

It's not a fucking argument you pompous kneejerk assfuck.
Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.

picolas

how could this possibly be the 'domestic' trailer and the the 'theatrical' one not?? i'm not saying it isn't amazing, but it's pretty bizzarre if you've never heard or seen anything else about the film. i thought domestic was supposed to appeal to the broadest, dumbest to smartest possible range. the sexed-up version. no?

modage

The Music: There Will Be Blood
Source: EW

There Will Be Blood sounds like the title of a slasher film. And if you were to listen only to its unhinged orchestral score, almost entirely composed by Radiohead's Jonny Greenwood, you might actually assume that's what it is. In fact, there are minimal amounts of spilled hemoglobin in Paul Thomas Anderson's fifth film, about a misanthropic oilman (Daniel Day-Lewis) making money and enemies in California. ''But sometimes Paul would describe it as close to the horror genre,'' says Greenwood, who set aside his rock guitar for string quartets, piano trios, and an 80-piece orchestra. ''We talked about how The Shining had lots of Penderecki in it. We figured the instruments should be contemporary to the turn of the last century, but not period music. Even though you know the sounds you're hearing are coming from very old technology, you can do things with the classical orchestra that unsettle you, that are slightly wrong, that have some kind of slightly sinister undercurrent.'' Anderson adds: ''I guess when you have a title like that, the music better be a little bit scary.''

The first portion, in which Day-Lewis investigates desert-oil prospects, is dialogue-free, alternating between silence and screeching strings in extreme dynamics rarely heard since Kubrick's 2001: A Space Odyssey. ''I had a dream about making a movie that had no dialogue, just music and pictures,'' says Anderson. ''I got close with the first 20 minutes here.'' It marks a big departure from Anderson's talkier, more Altmanesque pictures like Magnolia — which is why the director brought in fresh collaborators, calling on Greenwood rather than his usual composer, Jon Brion. ''It's really thrilling just to hear different sounds coming out of a film you've made,'' says Anderson. ''I worked with a production designer and other people I've never worked with before. It's nerve-racking and exciting and...you have to be more polite,'' he laughs.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

MacGuffin

If Mr. Anderson does a Q&A tomorrow, I want to know three things:

1.) What will the DVD be like? Will it have commentary?

2.) Does he have his next project in mind?

3.) Will he ever release the video for We Suck Young Blood?
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

tpfkabi

Quote from: MacGuffin on November 04, 2007, 07:15:26 PM
3.) Will he ever release the video for We Suck Young Blood?

:yabbse-thumbdown:

ask if there will ever be a compilation of all his non feature film work/shorts/videos...
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

xerxes

So what time is everyone getting there tomorrow? And who wants to save me a spot in line?

ElPandaRoyal

So, has any of you sonsofbitches died of excitement yet?
Si

pete

I'll be happy if I got there and the line was short.  If any of y'all recognize my face, holler. 
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

AntiDumbFrogQuestion

agh! I'm on the East coast.
that means t-minus 1 hour and 25 minutes 'til "7:30"

and almost 4 (or maybe even 5?) hours 'til people come home to write about it.

damn.

that's like 2 am.

see y'all in the morning.

show some cinema-love.

xerxes

Update from the theater.

45 minutes until showtime: no blood yet.

pete

haha I'm at the theater too, half an hour from the blood.  some sign of xerxes somewhere I heard from lucid.  I'm at the fastfood joint next door getting food and using their internet.  the place is packing up.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

matt35mm

It wasn't even that painful until you guys started making it real.

There's blood here right now.  Bad blood.

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.