Seinfeld

Started by SoNowThen, May 09, 2003, 02:02:58 PM

meatwad

Jerry was just on Letterman. He seemed to get a little upset when Dave made a joke about him making even more money off of Seinfelo

MacGuffin

Quote from: RaviWhy Oprah?

I've been asking that question since her show first aired.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pubrick

Quote from: meatwadJerry was just on Letterman. He seemed to get a little upset when Dave made a joke about him making even more money off of Seinfelo
maybe he was upset because his act sucked worse than his last appearance. and the interview was no good either.

dude needs to go home and grow old gracefully.
under the paving stones.

Pas

Weird the gift set suggested price is $199US and the price of the thing here is $119CAN ... like $85US ... cool

Ravi

Surprised there were NO comments about the DVD yet.

I finished the first disc and started the second disc and the extras are already impressive.  Text commentaries, or "Notes About Nothing" and short 3 minute "Inside Look" featurettes on each episode.  I thought these would be synopses but they are actually informative.  The menus are creative without being difficult to navigate.  Easily one of the best TV-on-DVD packages I've seen.

The pilot is like another world altogether.  The music is different, Jerry's apartment has a huge window, Kramer is Kessler, the diner is different, etc.  So far from what I've watched the characters have not yet been defined as neurotic.  George is a real estate agent and actually seems mature, and Elaine isn't particularly strange either.  Jerry doesn't yet have the hangups and OCD-like mannerisms that he was famous for.  It's a fun experience watching the evolution of the show, though I will probably watch the later seasons more often.

I didn't need the salt and pepper shakers and scripts and all that crap so I bought the DVDs alone.

El Duderino

Quote from: MacGuffin
Quote from: RaviWhy Oprah?

I've been asking that question since her show first aired.

your avatar fits that quote
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

Bethie

From AOL news:

Seinfeld 'Festivus' Display Vies With Nativity

By SARA KENNEDY, AP

BARTOW, Fla. (Dec. 23) - When a church group put a nativity scene on public property, officials warned it might open the door to other religious - and not-so-religious - displays. They were right.

Since the nativity was erected in Polk County, displays have gone up honoring Zoroastrianism and the fake holiday Festivus, featured on the TV show "Seinfeld."

The Polk County Commission voted 4-1 Wednesday to permit the nativity scene to remain across the street from the courthouse, as well as to make that area a "public forum" open to any type of display.

But the commission insisted that unless someone claims a particular display and submits a written request asking it remain, it would be removed. By Wednesday evening, no one had claimed the Festivus display, and the commission said it would come down; a woman claimed the Zoroastrianism display, which was to stay.

The debate began Dec. 15 when a handmade creche with the figures of Joseph, Mary and baby Jesus was erected by a Bible study group from the First Baptist Church of Bartow.

"The real spirit of Christmas is the birth of Christ," said Marvin Pittman, a retired law enforcement officer and parishioner. "We felt it needs to be in the public eye, so we did it."

Other displays are fine, too, he said, adding, "If somebody wants to do that, it's their right."

And true to form, the site almost immediately sprouted alternative displays, including a simple sign that reads: "Festivus for the Rest of Us - Donated to Polk County by the Seinfeld Fan Club."

The display, a reference to the fake holiday featured on an episode of the television sitcom, did not include the totem of Festivus - a bare aluminum pole instead of a tree. Key rituals of Festivus include accusing others of being a disappointment and wrestling.

Another display celebrating Zoroastrianism was erected by Stella Darby, who wanted to encourage people to research the ancient Persian religion.

Richard Blank, a member of the American Civil Liberties Union, objected to the nativity scene's presence on public property, arguing it violates the constitutional separation of church and state.

"The nativity scene is totally celebratory of the birth of Christ," he said. "Not everyone subscribes to that, and those who do should put it on their own property."

But a board member who voted to allow the creche as part of the "public forum" disagreed with Blank. "A group had asked to display a scene important to their beliefs; I felt we shouldn't suppress their right to do so," said Commissioner Samuel K. Johnson.

Ha!
who likes movies anyway

Bruce Lee

Is there any news on seasons 4 and onwards being released on dvd soon-ish???

Ravi

Quote from: Bruce LeeIs there any news on seasons 4 and onwards being released on dvd soon-ish???

I'd bet there is at least a 6-month gap between the time Seasons 1-3 were released and the release of season 4.

UncleJoey

I haven't gone all the way through the DVDs yet, but did anyone else find the commentary on The Stakeout pretty boring and disappointing? Other than that, I have no complaints so far.
Well, I've got news for you pal, you ain't leadin' but two things: Jack and shit . . . and Jack just left town.

MacGuffin

Quote from: Bruce LeeIs there any news on seasons 4 and onwards being released on dvd soon-ish???

Quote from: IGN.DVD MailbagYou probably get this question a lot. But when will we see future volumes of Seinfeld coming out?

Funny you should ask. I was told Sony will make an announcement this week.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Kal

yay!!!!!!!!!!  :bravo:

Bruce Lee

Let the tugging commence! (for the UK fans anyway)

13th June 2005
£26.99

1. The Trip (Part 1)
2. The Trip (Part 2)
3. The Pitch
4. The Ticket
5. The Wallet
6. The Watch
7. The Bubble Boy
8. The Cheever Letters
9. The Opera
10. The Virgin
11. The Contest
12. The Airport
13. The Pick
14. The Movie
15. The Visa
16. The Shoes
17. The Outing
18. The Old Man
19. The Implant
20. The Junior Mint
21. The Smelly Car
22. The Handicap Spot

SiliasRuby

Title: Seinfeld
Starring: Jerry Seinfeld
Released: 17th May 2005
SRP: $49.95
Further Details
Early details have emerged on the fourth season of Seinfeld which will arrive this May in a four-disc package. The set will include all 24 episodes of the fourth season, along with all-new special features created in partnership with Jerry Seinfeld himself. These extras will include audio commentaries, a featurette entitled The Breakthrough Season, some episode specific mini making-of documentaries, a Regis & Kathie Lee Parody, deleted scenes, bloopers, notes about nothing and NBC and Olympic Promos.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Bruce Lee

QuoteThe set will include all 24 episodes of the fourth season

i thought there were only 22.....