References in Kill Bill

Started by ShanghaiOrange, October 14, 2003, 07:46:40 AM

©brad

A Matter Of Chance

©brad

Quote from: A Matter Of Chancelight leaks

yeah i can read. what i meant was, what is a false light leak?

A Matter Of Chance

You know what I light leak is, I assume, so they just added them in the anime. It's not a real light leak, it's just animated in.

Alethia

maybe it was just gunfire.....or quick cuts to the bullets hitting matzumotos back

A Matter Of Chance

Yeah, I am probably just being an idiot

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: A Matter Of ChanceYeah, I am probably just being an idiot

:cry: ..never say bad things about yourself

tpfkabi

Quote from: ewardnever heard of it before...it aint widely distributed in my area

look in the mexican food section that has all of the labels in actual Spanish........i think even my little town gets some Bimbo stuff.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Alethia

Quote from: A Matter Of ChanceYeah, I am probably just being an idiot

no, no, i didn't mean that......i could be wrong, i am judging from memory....

Alethia

Quote from: bigideas
Quote from: ewardnever heard of it before...it aint widely distributed in my area

look in the mexican food section that has all of the labels in actual Spanish........i think even my little town gets some Bimbo stuff.

maybe it was still a joke to use the BIMBO brand tho..huh?  eh?  okay, maybe no....

El Duderino

does anyone else get a "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" feel from the Hatori Hanzo sword and also during the big fight scene when Uma and Gordon Liu fly to the balcony? maybe i'm alone, anyone else?
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

SoNowThen

Pretty sure this hasn't been mentioned yet...

and even though I've never seen this movie, I walked by the library and read the back, and it would seem that QT got his starting point from it:

The Bride Wore Black by Truffaut.

Lady wronged on her wedding day seeks bloody revenge. I've been meaning to, but haven't got around to watching it yet. Anybody seen? Confirm/deny as a reference point?
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

modage

Quote from: SoNowThenThe Bride Wore Black by Truffaut?
i read that mentioned in a few reviews so i looked up the thing on amazon a few months ago, but havent heard QT confirm it as a reference point.  (although imagining he's never seen it is unlikely, since hes, well Quentin Tarantino).
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Born Under Punches

Quentin's said that he's aware of the film but hasn't seen it, claiming that he's more of a Godardian and not a Truffautian.  The movie is based on the novel by Cordell Woolrich, who wrote a few of the pulp novels that somewhat inspired Pulp Fiction.  I'm thinking he may have read the book and not seen the movie.  (QT not seeing a movie?  Blasphemy!)

(kelvin)

At the end of vol. 2, in the daughter's room, you see a toy figure of a horse beside the bed on a small table. I noticed that I still have EXACTLY the same horse from my childhood days. I just wondered if there is anything special about it.