DVD Aficionado

Started by kotte, January 02, 2004, 12:17:02 PM

kotte

silly question...is there something for CDs?

godardian

Quote from: kottesilly question...is there something for CDs?

NOT a silly question. For renter's insurance purposes, I have to keep an inventory of everything I own down to individual books/CDs/DVDs, and it wuld be SO much more convenient to have an online place to keep a list of CDs.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Yeah, an aficianado would be nice for like VHS, books, CDs, etc.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

kotte

godardian

Quote from: mogwaicheck this out:

http://english.skivsamling.nu

Looks brilliant. Thanks much!!
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

cine

Another reason to love the Swedish.

FeloniousFunk

Quote from: kottesilly question...is there something for CDs?

I don't know if you already found a site, since it was so long ago....but here's one:

http://www.cd-tracker.com/

It doesn't have the pictures of the CDs like dvdaf, so it's pretty basic.

I have a question. Sorry for jacking this thread, but I didn't want to strart a new one.

I just purchased a portable DVD player about a week ago. I work at a poker cart at the mall, so I basically just sit there for 7 hours and sell poker chips and dealer buttons. This DVD player really helps the day go by faster.

I have about 200 DVDs, and I was wondering if there is a website that is similar to DVDaf.com but has a feature that randomly picks a dvd from your collection. It would be nice to just log on to that site before work and it pick a couple of DVDs for me to watch.

Thanks.

kotte

Pas

Quote from: FeloniousFunk
I have about 200 DVDs, and I was wondering if there is a website that is similar to DVDaf.com but has a feature that randomly picks a dvd from your collection. It would be nice to just log on to that site before work and it pick a couple of DVDs for me to watch.

Thanks.

I have another idea...okay follow me ... you just ... randomly pick a dvd in your collection ! BHAM BABY !

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: Pas Rapport
Quote from: FeloniousFunk

Thanks.

I have another idea...okay follow me ... you just ... randomly pick a dvd in your collection ! BHAM BABY !

You don't have software or a website for that, do you?

Otherwise, I'll have to do that.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye