Womb

Started by wilder, January 18, 2013, 07:43:18 PM

wilder

A woman's consuming love forces her to bear the clone of her dead beloved. From his infancy to manhood, she faces the unavoidable complexities of her controversial decision.

Written and Directed by Benedek Fliegauf
Starring Eva Green and Matt Smith
Blu-ray release from Olive Films on March 26, 2013

Pubrick

so she never ages? or does he catch up really fast somehow and then slow down to normal speed?

we must give thanks to bertolucci for giving us eva green as his parting gift.

but unfortunately she suffers from that weird affliction belonging to certain actresses that are celebrated for their voluptuous figure, the inexplicable inability to ever choose a good movie goddammit.
under the paving stones.

wilder

I don't know. I haven't seen this film yet, and I'm pretty sure you're right it'll be a letdown as a whole, but based on the style of the trailer alone it looks like it aims to have a fair amount of associative imagery and a pretty lyrical execution in general, which I'm way more interested in now than a cohesive story as could be judged in written form. I'd rather see a movie that had a solid 20 minutes of that (i.e. the opening 20 minutes of Tree of Life was enough to make me like it, even though the last third was highly dubious) than watch something with a cohesive story but a less cinematic execution overall.