Quarantine

Started by MacGuffin, February 20, 2009, 07:35:21 PM

MacGuffin

Quote from: SiliasRuby on February 18, 2009, 04:39:20 PM3. Quarantine-One of the scariest films I've ever seen in a long time and while it was shot in the same way and had the same ideas as 'cloverfield'-the technique here really makes the film much freakier and horrifying than the New York monster movie.

Yes, and I think it had to due with the claustrophobia effect of being trapped in one building instead of the wide open city. This was a very tense horror film. I really had fun and enjoyed it a lot. Towards the end the POV got a bit annoying with the strobbing light and it looking like peering through a keyhole, but the whole technique worked in making this part terror filled; part carnival ride.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

OrHowILearnedTo

Quote from: MacGuffin on February 20, 2009, 07:35:21 PM
Quote from: SiliasRuby on February 18, 2009, 04:39:20 PM3. Quarantine-One of the scariest films I've ever seen in a long time and while it was shot in the same way and had the same ideas as 'cloverfield'-the technique here really makes the film much freakier and horrifying than the New York monster movie.

Yes, and I think it had to due with the claustrophobia effect of being trapped in one building instead of the wide open city. This was a very tense horror film. I really had fun and enjoyed it a lot. Towards the end the POV got a bit annoying with the strobbing light and it looking like peering through a keyhole, but the whole technique worked in making this part terror filled; part carnival ride.

I haven't seen Quarantine, but you guys should check out [Rec], the film Quarantine is based on. I'm not scared easily but I thought that film was really frightening.

Stefen

I watched Quarantine last night. Definitely better than I was expecting. The scares were scary and the shaky cam crap didn't come off that corny.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.