Tina Fey -- I love you

Started by SoNowThen, June 10, 2003, 10:25:33 AM

godardian

Quote from: tremoloslothJimmy Fallon is awful.  The best WU anchor is NORM MACDONALD

That is like, so opposite of the truth. Macdonald was the worst EVER until Colin "uncomfortable audience silence" Quinn came along.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

Sleuth

Oh my God Collin Farrell was a cast member?  Wow, that's so amazing

Norm is the best

Jimmy "tee hee hee hee I can't stop breaking character" Fallon gives Collin QUINN a run for his money as worst
I like to hug dogs

Raikus

Quote from: MacGuffin
Quote from: aclockworkjjMy old roommates found Tina hot too....never really understood it, bit to each their own....

It's the glasses.
It's the intrigue of the scar. It's sexy. It says, "Now there's a woman with some character."
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

SoNowThen

It's a combo of the new hairdo, the glasses, and the sassy attitude. Like, if you made a good joke, she wouldn't just turn her head like most chicks I've been with and go "what do you mean"? Fuck I hate that.

And you can all just die. Norm and Colin are hilarious. Colin Quinn's Matt Damon collage was one of the funniest things ever on update. Right next to "why, Jane, you ignorant slut".
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

ono

Colin Quinn was a cast member, not Colin Farrell.

And yes, glasses (the right frames) on a woman = super sexy.

godardian

Quote from: Raikus
Quote from: MacGuffin
Quote from: aclockworkjjMy old roommates found Tina hot too....never really understood it, bit to each their own....

It's the glasses.
It's the intrigue of the scar. It's sexy. It says, "Now there's a woman with some character."

You know who I meant! And he and Macdonald were neck-in-neck as to who sucked the very worst. Staying in character is not essential. Some tiny modicum of charm and humor is.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

SoNowThen

Quote from: OnomatopoeiaColin Quinn was a cast member, not Colin Farrell.

So agree. Glasses for a chick are just another wonderful fashion accessory, if done right.
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

godardian

Quote from: SoNowThen
Quote from: OnomatopoeiaColin Quinn was a cast member, not Colin Farrell.

So agree. Glasses for a chick are just another wonderful fashion accessory, if done right.

Sometimes, they can even help them see.

SoNowThen

Bah, no need for that. Just like shoes: high heels may be uncomfortable, and completely ridiculous as a functionary thing... but they LOOK sexy as all hell. :)

Pas

I liked Norm... and the episode he hosted was one of my favorite. Hate Fallon though, along with Horatio Sanz. They just cannot stay in character. Will Forte is the next big thing I believe.

Tina Fey will be doing stand up comedy in Just For Laughs Festival this summer in Montreal. I shall be there.

Raikus

QuoteSometimes, they can even help them see.
Ha! Yeah right. Everyone knows that's what contacts are for. Glasses are for the appeal.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

SoNowThen

Quote from: BoothI liked Norm... and the episode he hosted was one of my favorite. Hate Fallon though, along with Horatio Sanz. They just cannot stay in character. Will Forte is the next big thing I believe.

Tina Fey will be doing stand up comedy in Just For Laughs Festival this summer in Montreal. I shall be there.

What's the date of that? I'd love to go, and I have a buddy down there who always asks me to visit. He's hilarious when it comes to movies. You guys would like him.

SoNowThen

Ha! Yeah right. Everyone knows that's what contacts are for. Glasses are for the appeal.

:)

godardian

Glasses do make people look better. I have a mild glasses thing myself. They are a tiny bit more than a fashion accessory, however.

High heels are deceptive: Something that looks sexy but upon removal reveals swollen tendons, deformed arches and black/blue bruises can be a very rude awakening, indeed.