Hope Davis

Started by ElPandaRoyal, October 02, 2003, 06:43:48 PM

ElPandaRoyal

I don't really know why, but I like her. I love her in Next Stop Wonderland and she's also great in About Schmidt. I hope she gets more parts, because she's really good and,yes, ok, I admit, she's also great to look at.
Si

Finn

She's a really wonderful actress. I'll be seeing her this weekend in The Secret Lives of Dentists.
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

AK

Quote from: RoyalTenenbaumI don't really know why, but I like her..

I do know why i love her...Stanley Tucci! The two movies I love from her are directed by him and i just adore him so much... The Impostors and Joe Goud's secret are damn great.

Ernie

Quote from: SydneyShe's a really wonderful actress. I'll be seeing her this weekend in The Secret Lives of Dentists.

Hey, do me a favor and PM me and tell me how it is when you get a chance, I might be seeing it when (or if) it comes to my town if I hear enough good things. One of my FAVORITE actresses is in it, Robin Tunney...don't know if you've heard of her. She was in The Craft, Encino Man and these two great great great little unknown indie gems -- Niagra Niagra and Cherish. She was also in The In-Laws (The remake w/ albert brooks), I still haven't seen that though, I'll be renting it I'm sure. But yea, I fucking love her. I might see it this one theatres if she's in a lot of it.

As for Hope Davis...I've only seen her in Next Stop Wonderland and About Schmidt to be honest so I can't be sure...but she seems cool. I'd like to see her show up more. She's definitely a pretty good actress. She hasn't knocked me out yet but yea, she's been cool.

MacGuffin

Hope Davis Joins Cage in The Weather Man
Source: Variety

Paramount Pictures has signed Hope Davis to topline opposite Nicolas Cage in the Chicago-based drama The Weather Man. Davis received an Independent Spirit Award supporting actress nomination Wednesday for Manhattan Pictures' The Secret Lives of Dentists.

In "Weather Man," she will portray the estranged wife of a successful TV weathercaster who's about to leave Chicago for Gotham. With his personal life in disarray, he attempts to reconcile with his spouse and kids.

The movie, to be directed by Gore Verbinski, is due to start filming Feb. 17 in Chicago.

Davis just completed work on Miramax's adaptation of prize-winning Broadway play Proof along with Gwyneth Paltrow, Anthony Hopkins and Jake Gyllenhaal, and will also be seen next year in Warner Bros.' African adventure-drama Shadows.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks