I got the PDL DVD - The definitive thread

Started by aurora, June 19, 2003, 04:50:16 AM

©brad

update from the gregster's site.

"The PDL DVD drops 2 places to #10 on the DVD/VHS rental chart for the week ending August 3rd. PDL earned $5.71 million in rental revenue for the week. Total revenue now stands at $50.5 million."

and who said pdl was not going to make money.

somecompany

Quote from: bigideasi think one of the Muppet DVD's has a commentary by Kermit tne Frog and Miss Piggy........seriously

I believe it was 'Muppets in Space'. I'm sure the 'Space Jam' DVD has Bugs Bunny commenatry but I'll have to check....
We May Be Through With The Past, But The Past Ain't Through With Us

View my DVD Collection at http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=somecompany

tpfkabi

did we ever get a figure on how much PDL cost to make?
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

picolas

Quote from: bigideasdid we ever get a figure on how much PDL cost to make?
$25 mil.

tpfkabi

does the 25 mil figure in the cost to do the whole video/dvd process?

has anyone dared to watch the pan and scan VHS version?
i wondered how much it sucked.

umm.......that makes me wonder how much of the 25 mil went to the cast's salaries
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Find Your Magali

Luis Guzman doesn't work for less than $8 million per movie. But he's worth every penny.

IHeartPTA

seems a little excessive, i know he's a good actor, but you've seen the roles he's in. in magnolia, he has probably 10 mins of footage. jeez, film industry is a bastard.
"I want to confess as best I can, but my heart is void. The void is a mirror. I see my face and feel loathing and horror. My indifference to men has shut me out. I live now in a world of ghosts, a prisoner in my dreams. " -Antonius Block from The Seventh Seal

Pubrick

yeah, shit, i'd be surprised if he got 4mill for any role he's ever done.
under the paving stones.

Find Your Magali

On a previous episode of "St. Elsewhere," I babbled:

QuoteLuis Guzman doesn't work for less than $8 million per movie. But he's worth every penny.

I would be remiss if i didn't point out that I was being just a wee bit facetious with that statement. I'm sure Luis doesn't get anywhere near that much per film. ... I am clearly not the person to attempt to make definitive statements in this matter, as I have utterly no knowledge of the pay scale for supporting characters in major motion pictures.

Um, I think that's it...

aclockworkjj

Quote from: Find Your Magalino knowledge of the pay scale for supporting characters in major motion pictures.

Um, I think that's it...
Take yer 8 million and divide it by about 25....and that is what ya get.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

With the roles he gets, I thought he'd get paid in pounds of trail mix.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Ravi

I bought the PDL DVD today.  I wanted it in a hard plastic case, so I waited until Hollywood Video started selling used copies.  No booklet.

oakmanc234

The upcoming Australasian 'P-DL' DVD and VHS is only in widescreen. Not often is a new release video ONLY in widescreen. Just wondering, is the US video only in widescreen?
'Welcome the Thunderdome, bitch'

fulty

Quote from: oakmanc234Just wondering, is the US video only in widescreen?

Yep.

We can discuss alternate views in the thread:
"Easy ways to ruin a perfect movie"
Tinapop  

I used to be smart.... now I'm just stupid.

oakmanc234

'Welcome the Thunderdome, bitch'