pta on set

Started by cowboykurtis, April 20, 2003, 06:20:54 PM

cowboykurtis

i was talking to a production supervisor on universal's backlot the other day -- she supervised both boogie nights and magnolia for the studio. it was pretty cool hearing her experience with pta. she had a lot of stories-- she said he would just sleep on his trailer some nights and come onto set wearing his pajamas, and direct all day in his pajamas -- she said he was always making out with fionna off in some corner -- it very well could be meaningless gossip --I  found it interesting to hear about nonetheless. she said he was really nice overall  but a bit eccentric -- nothings wrong with that.
...your excuses are your own...

Duck Sauce

Quote from: cowboykurtisshe said he would just sleep on his trailer.

ON his trailer? Like how snoopy sleeps on his house? That sounds pretty cool, what other stories did she have?

EL__SCORCHO

Hahahaha Sleeping ON his trailer sounds a whole lot cooler than in it. Now that would be eccentric.

Ernie

Lol, he is a messed up guy.

I will totally be directing in my pajamas too...I love that, that's going to be me...I didn't think the cast/crew would put up with that. I hope they do, my flannel pants and t-shirts are like the only truly comfortable pieces of clothing I own, seriously. I figured they would expect the director to come out looking all nice and clean and everything.

Making out with somebody on the set on the other hand? That's a different story, I don't know if I'm cool enough to do that. The pajamas and the sleeping on the trailer work for me though, I'll be doing that.

Pedro

Quote from: cowboykurtisshe said he was always making out with fionna off in some corner --

bastard
Anyway...he seems like a really cool dude to be around, yeah.  I'd love to be on a set with him...man it'd be like watching god create another world or something.

MacGuffin

I can attest that PTA runs a very laid back, but efficient set. It was a pleasure to watch him work.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

cowboykurtis

Quote from: MacGuffinI can attest that PTA runs a very laid back, but efficient set. It was a pleasure to watch him work.

what pta film were you on?
...your excuses are your own...

Duck Sauce

Quote from: ebeaman69
Making out with somebody on the set on the other hand? That's a different story, I don't know if I'm cool enough to do that.

And you'll never be cool with that attitude....

Tell us more about your Universal tour.

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

Quote from: Duck Sauce
Quote from: cowboykurtisshe said he would just sleep on his trailer.

ON his trailer? Like how snoopy sleeps on his house? That sounds pretty cool, what other stories did she have?

AHHH You beat me to the snoopy reference when i read that trailer thing i was gonna ask the same thing

wow what if this miss understanding sparks a new trend, ya know how coppola and scorsese would do something certain way because orsen wells or goddard did it that way, what if the next generation of great film makers decide to sleep on top of there trailers. Ahh i can see it now :: looks for his sleeping cap::

Pubrick

Quote from: Duck SauceON his trailer? Like how snoopy sleeps on his house?

Hahaha.. very good.
under the paving stones.

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: cowboykurtis
Quote from: MacGuffinI can attest that PTA runs a very laid back, but efficient set. It was a pleasure to watch him work.

what pta film were you on?

He sneaked into PDL...

Dirk

Quote from: Jeremy BlackmanHe sneaked into PDL...

He sneaked onto PDL
At wave level, everything exists as a contradiction. Everything is existing in more than one stage/place at any given moment. Everything must move/vibrate and constantly change to exist. Everything, including buildings, mountains, oceans and thoughts.

sphinx

guffy had an eraserhead style haircut from what i saw....

Ernie

Quote from: Duck Sauce
Quote from: ebeaman69
Making out with somebody on the set on the other hand? That's a different story, I don't know if I'm cool enough to do that.

And you'll never be cool with that attitude....

Well, come on...would you rather I was all arrogant and suave about it? Like saying, "hell yeah...that would definitely be me!" Nobody likes that shit man.

I'm 16 and I've never kissed a girl...I doubt I'll be making freaking out with girls on the set of my movies...I just don't want to lie to myself, you know.

Satcho9

How did you sneak onto PDL may I ask?