Have a Nice Decade/LA radio?

Started by Weak2ndAct, October 21, 2003, 09:32:26 PM

Weak2ndAct

If you love 70's music and especially all things kitsch (like the theme to the 'Rockford Files' or Rick Dees' infamous 'Disco Duck'), by all means, track this sucker down made by the fine folks at Rhino.  The price is a bit steep though-- 90 bucks for the 7 disc set.  But well worth the replay value.  I can't stop listening to it (plus it comes in a nifty fold out book-style thingy).

There's an 80's one I'm dying to get my hands on.  Anyone give it a whirl?  My sister has it, but she's on the other side of the country and won't copy it for me.  That's what I get for convincing her she was adopted as a kid.

aclockworkjj

is rick dees still on the radio out here?  sorry, I don't listen to the radio much...but isn't he on the KISS FM shit?

Weak2ndAct

Yes, he's still on KISS-FM.  How that collossal douche-bag still has a job on the radio is beyond all comprehension.  And those fucking commercials... Anyhoo, I wouldn't dare listen to that station.  97.1 is where it's at.

aclockworkjj

I used to like this OC station...I think it was like 93.1 or something...I won Angels tickets from there once...only thing I have ever won....

...they since closed down ship though.

TheVoiceOfNick

Quote from: Weak2ndActYes, he's still on KISS-FM.  How that collossal douche-bag still has a job on the radio is beyond all comprehension.  And those fucking commercials... Anyhoo, I wouldn't dare listen to that station.  97.1 is where it's at.

You probably like Howard and Tom Lykus... the former is awesome, the latter is an idiot... Rick Dees sounds like he's about to have a heart attack... its all about Kevin and Bean... the showbiz report in the morning is always funny as hell...

aclockworkjj

sorry for turning this into a LA radio blitz...

But yeah, the couple times I have heard Kevin and Bean I liked.  I heard a Guy Richie interview with them, and it was great for a morning drive.

Lykis is sweet.  Besides the usuall...I love the "Ask the Atheist" segment.

Weak2ndAct

Quote from: TheVoiceOfNickYou probably like Howard and Tom Lykus... the former is awesome, the latter is an idiot...
I love Leykis.  His show is unabashedly sexist and dirty.  Plus some of the stories that people call in with are just insane.  I've been digging his anti-union stuff lately.

I'm also a big Triplets fan.  I usually listen to all that stuff as I surf the net and/or write.