Hawaii scene

Started by Vile5, May 27, 2003, 11:37:04 AM

Vile5

Anyone knows the song of the scene when Barry says to Lena "this is so Hawaii" :?:  there is a woman singing a beautiful song at that moment, well first at all, I must to say that the scene is so romantic and pure and every body talks about "he needs me" but what about this one? if someone knows the name of the song or maybe who is the singer or where PTA found it, i just would love it. Thanks!  :wink:
"Wars have never hurt anybody except the people who die." - Salvador Dalí

SoNowThen

Check out Greg's site. He's got an interview in the PDL section where they name the song and the singers.

www.ptanderson.com
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

Duck Sauce

I like the way the soung sounds. You can definatley tell its outside, by the beach and with mediocre mics.

Marty McSuperfly

That's such a lovely scene. I'm going to Hawaii with my girlfriend next year and I think that scene alone was the biggest factor in helping us decide where to go. She's a huuuuge PTA geek too!

aurora

Its on the PDL soundtrack

Its called Waikiki

PM me if you want the mp3

Vile5

Thanks a lot for your help people!
For me it's not so easy find this kind of information because im living in Peru and first at all PDL was never in cinemas :oops: , i don't know why, but i could get the picture because a friend gave to me a VCD and i watched by my computer, so you can imagine that it's imposible for me get the soundtrack so thanks again!

Disco Stu

A friend of mine was vacationing in Hawaii when they were filming there and he got to be an extra in that scene.  Apparently he had drinks with Sandler too (or so he says).
I used to do drugs.  I still do but I used to too!

Vile5

Oh! Jesus Christ!!!!!! Tell your friend that I hate him!, he was really in PDL filmmaking????????
Well he have something to tell his grandchildren
I'm so jealous!!!

children with angels

I didn't want to start ANOTHER PDL thread for a tiny observation, so I thought I'd post on one that was closely realted...

I just this second finished watching Annie Hall for the umpteenth time, and I noticed a little line that may have been an influence - probably unconscious - for a line of dialogue in the Hawaii scene. You know when Lena says "You got me out of my room. It's so great that you did that,"...? I always thought that line was nice, unexpected, but slightly strange and unmotivated. Well the same thing happened in the penultimate scene of Annie Hall... Remember where Alvy has travelled to LA to get Annie back and they're having lunch in that outdoor cafe: she's talking about the relationship and thanking Alvy for the time they've spent... She says "You're the one who got me out of my room," also similarly unmotivated and slightly odd, but lovely.

God: that was a tiny insignificant thing... Can't believe I actually just posted that. Total total geekdom right here, ladies and gents... Thank God I didn't start a whole thread...
"Should I bring my own chains?"
"We always do..."

http://www.alternatetakes.co.uk/
http://thelesserfeat.blogspot.com/