The 2004 Xixax DEKAPENTICON

Started by Jeremy Blackman, January 07, 2004, 02:52:19 AM

cine

Wow.
I LOVE how everything turned out :!:  :!:  :!:

I'm still in shock over how good the list turned out. I'm more than pleased in the results.

Who COULDN'T love this list?

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

context, context, context.

kotte

I'm with Cinephile. The results are great, though I do not agree on Taxi Driver.

Alethia

pdl is a wonderful movie but its kinda out of place (even though i now realize it was on my list for the 30), and fight club just doesnt belong.

godardian

I am really, really pleasantly surprised by the results.

I don't give everyone enough credit, I'm realizing.  :)
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

Pwaybloe

Came out a lot more original than I thought it would be.  I figured it would be a carbon copy of every other film snob list.

cine

Okay, I could say that Fight Club, Punch-Drunk Love and Mulholland Drive have no place on this list. But you know what? Like some people were saying on the other thread, this is what the Xixax list should be like anyway. There's the Lynch for the Lynch fans (I'm glad it's not Blue Velvet :wink:), the obligatory Fight Club, and the hardcore PDL fans. I have no problem with this because there's a Fellini, Truffaut, Godard, Kurosawa, Hitchcock and Welles that more than make up for the ones I might not agree with.

So like it or not, this list truly defines Xixax members.

©brad

the list is good, as are the graphics. good job jb/everyone.

Pas

Cool list ! Fight Club is a shocker though, but still, I'm surprised.

SoNowThen

Yep, kudos to all. Good list. In my mind though, someone just misspelled Raging Bull with the letters p, d, & l.
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

©brad

Quote from: SoNowThenYep, kudos to all. Good list. In my mind though, someone just misspelled Raging Bull with the letters p, d, & l.

i think you're right.

Redlum

Must get hold of My Life to Live!

Great list. Thanks to the vote counters.
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

cine

Quote from: ®edlumMust get hold of My Life to Live!
I think people did.  :-D