new matrix teaser

Started by sphinx, January 13, 2003, 09:40:28 PM

Duck Sauce

Quote from: The Gold Trumpet

These guys are very good at what they do and I think their post Matrix career will be very intriguing because the thing with them even making movies was to make this trilogy so you can only wonder what they will do after this.

This kind of ties into a question I have been wondering about George Lucas. I watched American Graffiti the other day and today read on IMDB a little about his life after Star Wars. Is there any rumors to what he will be directing.... What do you expect?

MacGuffin

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetThese guys are very good at what they do and I think their post Matrix career will be very intriguing because the thing with them even making movies was to make this trilogy so you can only wonder what they will do after this.

Their script for "Assassins" was soooo much better than the final product.  Their scripts "Plastic Man" and "Carnivore" are great reads also. Maybe they will direct those afterward.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Quote from: Duck SauceThis kind of ties into a question I have been wondering about George Lucas. I watched American Graffiti the other day and today read on IMDB a little about his life after Star Wars. Is there any rumors to what he will be directing.... What do you expect?

Notice in this interview, Lucas says "nine two-hour movies". A hint to making Episodes VII - IX?

George Lucas 'All Set for Failure'
By Roger Friedman/Fox News

The director says he's got plans for his post-Star Wars career. After 30 years of being tied up with the phenomenally successful series, Lucas will set off to make "more personal" films after 2005.

"I'm going to go from complete success to complete failure," he told me, without a wink or a smile. On the contrary, Lucas said he anticipates utter rejection from his fans once Star Wars concludes. "I'm going to make a bunch of movies like THX," he said, referring to his earliest effort. "And if people don't like it, too bad. There will be no Schindler's List or Saving Private Ryan for me," he said of pal Steven Spielberg's "serious" movies."There won't be any big dramas or Oscars."

Lucas did tell me that of the current movies in release, he loved Martin Scorsese's Gangs of New York. "We showed a print of it at the Skywalker Ranch," he said. "I was amazed by what he did with it and where he went. It was terrific."

But Lucas' own career is clearly on his mind these days. He's busy working on Chapter III of Star Wars, which links Attack of the Clones to the original Star Wars.

"I know what I want to do," he said. "It was mapped out from my original writing for 30 years. But still you have these two pieces — Clones and Chapter IV — and you have to make them fit together. You're going to see a lot about Anakin and Luke and Princess Leia's mother, all the adults. And of course Luke and Leia will be infants in it."

I asked him whether he cared about the criticism of Hayden Christensen, who played Anakin in Clones. "Not a bit," Lucas said, "this is a talented kid. Years from now people are going to say, was he always so good, and look at Clones, and realize yes."

Lucas also told me that he and Lord of the Rings director Peter Jackson have become good friends, commiserating with each other in Australia and New Zealand on their shoots about making their two series.

"Essentially, Peter is making three three-hour movies out of one book," Lucas said. "And I'm making nine two-hour movies from one book." Of course, Lucas wrote his own book, but the mythology harkens back to Lord of the Rings. "We discuss it a lot because they are similar in nature," said Lucas.

I must say that I've met a few of my heroes in my lifetime and some of them have been disappointments. But George Lucas turned out to be refreshingly candid and enormously pleasant. We don't seem him in New York very often; I hope once Star Wars wraps for good he'll come here more often. And so, yes, "The Force" is with him!
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

picolas

:multi: DSFKJghfkfdSuperBOwlsS TREEALER FSDAKJFF YESKQ~!!!!

:!:  :!:  :!:  :!:  :!:  :!:  :!: / :!:  :!:  :!:  :!:

some things don't look quite as real as the first 'ne, but i'm guessing there's still plenty of post-stufff to be done...

sphinx

Quote from: MacGuffin
Notice in this interview, Lucas says "nine two-hour movies". A hint to making Episodes VII - IX?

ahahahaha!  finally, i have a counter-article against macguffin!

"Leave it to TheForce.net to get the answer. That Star Wars supersite asked a Lucasfilm spokesperson for clarification on Lucas' comments to Fox News, and the site received the following response: "As many fans are already aware of, there are going to be just 6 movies. Unfortunately, George was misquoted in the interview about number of movies in the Star Wars series. Currently LucasFilm is in preproduction for Episode 3, the last Star Wars movie."

bonanzataz

That's not what I heard. Lucas is a family friend to a good buddy of mine who claims Lucas told him there would be 3 other movies. Lucas wasn't misquoted, it was a slip that shouldn't have been made, and now he's telling everybody not to get excited for it. He probably doesn't want anything set in stone and wants his options open, but my guess is, he wants to suck every penny out of this franchise and WILL be making another movie as well as 20 different versions of the DVDs and videos, new action figures, teeshirts, blablablablabla.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

MacGuffin

Quote from: sphinxahahahaha!  finally, i have a counter-article against macguffin!

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Uber-producer and demigod Joel Silver is out promoting the sequels again, this time to The Hollywood Reporter where he talked a bit about the split between the films: "We really thought our audience would not want to wait a year to see the rest of the story because it really stops right in the middle of the movie. We would have loved to come out (with them both in) the same summer, but both of those movies couldn't get done in time. So we went to the fall because we felt that was the best way to do it". WB distribution head Dan Fellman says "The Wachowski Brothers really had one film in mind, only we're going to distribute it in two parts. No. 1 really will be a cliffhanger and No. 2 will pick it up. We intend to show footage or some indication of what's down the road at the end of the (first) movie so the audience will have a good idea of what to look for in November".

Skeleton FilmWorks

Duck Sauce

Quote from: MacGuffinWe intend to show footage or some indication of what's down the road at the end of the (first) movie so the audience will have a good idea of what to look for in November".

So kind of like Back to the Future II's end? I dont like that idea, it seems like a corny "next time on the Real World"

bonanzataz

"We're Jews! We're Jews in space!"
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Satcho9

Quote from: bonanzataz"We're Jews! We're Jews in space!"

Couldnt have been more appropriate.