Criterion Crime-Wave with IFC?

Started by Gamblour., January 16, 2004, 10:07:42 AM

Gamblour.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00015WMP0/ref=d_sc_d_hv_swp_1/103-5873402-9594254

Has anyone heard anything about this 6-pack they're selling? I'm wondering if it's worth buying, it seems a great deal, especially since I don't own any of the dvds in that collection. What do y'all think, good buy?
WWPTAD?

SoNowThen

I own two of them, and they're both amazing.

I'd say get it, because it's mucho cheaper than buying them individually. I think it works out that you basically get one for free...
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

Gamblour.

Quote from: SoNowThenI own two of them, and they're both amazing.

I'd say get it, because it's mucho cheaper than buying them individually. I think it works out that you basically get two for free...

I think you're actually getting one for free, 5 of the films are $26 on Amazon, so that's $130 dollars individually, High and Low is $35, I believe so that'd be the free one. But yeah, that's basically why I want to get it.
WWPTAD?

my advice is get it, but not from amazon...

EDIT:          

Criterion Crime Wave 6-Pack (High & Low/Tokyo Drifter/The Honeymoon Killers/Branded to Kill/Alphaville/Man Bites Dog) - Amazon.com exclusive
OH...
context, context, context.

analogzombie

It's good deal if you like all the films. They are just being sold as a bundle, no special box or anything. If you were to buy them individually from DeepDiscountDvd.com all five would set you back $136.56. So $135 is about the lowest price you're likely to find on these films.
"I have love to give, I just don't know where to put it."

modage

Quote from: analogzombieIf you were to buy them individually from DeepDiscountDvd.com all five would set you back $136.56. So $135 is about the lowest price you're likely to find on these films.
if you havent seen and LOVE all the films enough to buy them you're wasting your money.  buy something you'd rather have instead.

$19.47 btk
$19.47 alpha
$19.46 manbites
$19.47 honeymoon
$19.47 drifter
$25.97 high low

you can actually get them for 123.32 on dvdplanet individually.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Gamblour.

Quote from: themodernage02
Quote from: analogzombieIf you were to buy them individually from DeepDiscountDvd.com all five would set you back $136.56. So $135 is about the lowest price you're likely to find on these films.
if you havent seen and LOVE all the films enough to buy them you're wasting your money.  buy something you'd rather have instead.

$19.47 btk
$19.47 alpha
$19.46 manbites
$19.47 honeymoon
$19.47 drifter
$25.97 high low

you can actually get them for 123.32 on dvdplanet individually.

Wow, that's incredible, how does dvdplanet keep their prices so low? I sound like a fucking commercial, but that's really badass.
WWPTAD?

modage

i have no idea, but they are always usually cheaper than DeepDiscount on Criterions, and usually the cheapest online.  shop around though.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

You Never Got Me Down Ray

Definitely hit up dvdplanet for criterions. Always $35% off. (truffaut and kurosawa sets only $65!!!) And yes, they do ship overseas. I would definitely get this if i didnt already own 4 of them. Anyone see Alphaville? I'm curious, but it doesnt sound good enough to blind buy.
My life has taken another turn again. The days move along with regularity, over and over. One day indistinguishable from the next. A long, continuous chain. Then suddenly, there is change.

modage

Quote from: chuckhimselfodo they ship  overseas?

Shipments made to destinations outside the USA will ONLY ship to the billing address of the customer, no exceptions. All International shipments will be made by DHL. We use WorldMail unless you choose to upgrade to DHL Express for an additional charge. Shipments sent via WorldMail normally take 7 to 14 business days to arrive. Shipments sent via DHL Express normally take 4-5 business days to arrive.

www.dvdplanet.com

35% OFF ALL CRITERIONS

Quote from: sydney le flambeurAnyone see Alphaville?
it was a cool idea, but i didnt like it.  but what do i know?

Quote from: themodernage02
Quote from: chuckhimselfodo they ship  overseas?

Shipments made to destinations outside the USA will ONLY ship to the billing address of the customer, no exceptions. All International shipments will be made by DHL. We use WorldMail unless you choose to upgrade to DHL Express for an additional charge. Shipments sent via WorldMail normally take 7 to 14 business days to arrive. Shipments sent via DHL Express normally take 4-5 business days to arrive.

www.dvdplanet.com

that's fantastic.... goodbye amazon!!!

analogzombie

35% of Criterions!? hell, $25.97 is better than $28.76 anyday of the week. goodbye DeepDiscountDvd!
"I have love to give, I just don't know where to put it."