Jet

Started by Xixax, December 26, 2003, 05:57:24 PM

Xixax

Anyone heard the full CD?

Their new single is pretty hot. Wonder if the rest of the disc is worth cehcking out...
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

i heard one song and did not like it .     it's like retro rock is following the same pattern  nü-metal did back in its early years
context, context, context.

anakin_e

Ugh, don't get me started on Jet. I've been digging the "indie rock" kinda thing that'd been getting popular (Strokes, White Stripes etc.) but fearing this. this is the complete commercialization of this music, it's become too popular, and while this was apparent for a while, this is the end. Jet feels so contrived and marketted, i may be wrong, i don't know enough about the band, but that's the vibe i get, their single is always on certain radio stations, and once they were on SNL i really was upset. I liked the use of the single in the iPOD ads, but that just cheapens the band even more. Their single is just a complete rip off of Iggy Pop, and it's so bloody addictive, arg. My mind may change with time, but I am skeptical.
"So ya, Thought ya, Might like to go to the show. To feel the warm thrill of confusion, That space cadet glow. Tell me is something eluding you sunshine? Is this not what you expected to see? If you'd like to find out what's behind these cold eyes? You'll just have to claw your way through the Disquise - "
- Pink Floyd "The Wall"

mister mister

#Dun Dun Dun, Dun Dun Dun..... I-gotta-LUST-FER-LIFE....#

GoneSavage

Mister mister got it spot on, the song is a complete ripoff of Lust For Life, the riff and drums.  Iggy's a great artist to rip off but damn, don't be so blatant.

Ghostboy

The first time I ever heard it, I was like Holy Shit, they're playing Lust For Life on a commercial radio station!

I was pretty much tired of this indie rock movement after the fifth time I heard the first Strokes CD. In a row. That is not a good CD to have on repeat while you're too preoccupied to press stop. But it is and always will be vastly preferable to nu metal, as far as I'm concerned.

Also, the cover to Jet's album is cool, so if you buy albums based on their cool covers, this would be one to pick up.

Sigur Rós

I have their album and it's definately quality but not quite food. It's has some average rock 'n' roll songs but also some great ones. The best tracks are: Get What You Need, Get me Outta Here, Take it or Leave It and Are you Gonna be my Girl.

Quote from: GoneSavageMister mister got it spot on, the song is a complete ripoff of Lust For Life, the riff and drums.  Iggy's a great artist to rip off but damn, don't be so blatant.

I agree.

Xixax

Well there you have it, then. A purchase I will pass on.
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

Rudie Obias

jet sucks ass!!!
\"a pair of eyes staring at you, projected on a large screen is what cinema is truly about.\" -volker schlöndorff

Pwaybloe

You guys are nuts.  Jets totally kick ass.

"Baby, I can rocket 2 u"