best album covers ever

Started by sphinx, March 19, 2003, 03:09:56 PM

russiasusha

THE WHITE STRIPES' ELEPHANT:  I know it hasn't came out yet, but just look at it!

PINK FLOYD'S WISH YOU WERE HERE:  Still, I cannot tell if the dude is real or not.

THE STROKES' IS THIS IT?:  SHE ROCKS!

THE FLAMING LIPS' YOSHIMI:  ROCKS!

BECK'S SEA CHANGE:  ROCKS!
Guess that means i'm back on zigzag!
Movies before 1930 suck

bonanzataz

That's not what my strokes cover looks like!
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Dirk

I don't think that version was released in the US and Canada. I think that is the Australian album cover.
At wave level, everything exists as a contradiction. Everything is existing in more than one stage/place at any given moment. Everything must move/vibrate and constantly change to exist. Everything, including buildings, mountains, oceans and thoughts.

russiasusha

QuoteThat's not what my strokes cover looks like!

It's the english cover and got a lot of heat over there.  So their mangement had them change the cover for the u.s.  You can buy it from such sources as cdnow.com.
Movies before 1930 suck

bonanzataz

Why should a cover like that get any heat? It's showing no more than a woman in short shorts would.

Oh, did anybody know that CDnow got bought out by amazon? I used to go there to listen to audio clips from cd's because amazon only lets you hear samples from the first 5 tracks, so that sucks.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Ghostboy

I refused to buy Is This It in the American version; that cover was so lame. Luckily, Best Buy is pretty good about carrying imports these days, so I just picked it up there for a few dollars more.

SHAFTR

I have both versions...
the UK version has New York City Cops on it.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

russiasusha

Back to bitchin album covers

now, start!
Movies before 1930 suck

phil marlowe

Quote from: Ghostboya few dollars more.
cool.

phil marlowe

phil marlowe

also, tom waits has covers worthy a cream;

cine

Just Withnail

These next one are from a great norwegian band called Kaizers Orchestra:

I like to think of them as the Criterion of album covers :P  Clean, simple, and to the point.

life_boy