Godsend

Started by ono, November 07, 2003, 10:44:10 PM

ono

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0335121/

Checked around, and there doesn't seem to be a thread for this.  Plot Outline from IMDb: A couple hope to clone their deceased son with the help of an expert in cell regeneration.

The film stars Greg Kinnear, Rebecca Romijn-Stamos, and Robert De Niro, in a role that could be a return to form, from the trailer I saw.  Anyone else heard anything about it?  I'm surprised this is the first I've heard of it, and that there is no US release date yet.

modage

i saw a trailer for it a few months ago before cabin fever (i think).  didnt they film this one like years ago and it hasnt come out yet? or is that a wild rumor.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

MacGuffin

Trailer here.

Quote from: themodernage02didnt they film this one like years ago and it hasnt come out yet? or is that a wild rumor.

Release Date: TBA 2004 (wide release)

Release Date Note: This movie was originally scheduled for an October, 2003 release, but it's been pushed back until sometime in 2004 to allow time for reshoots.

Cast: Robert De Niro (Dr. Richard Wells), Greg Kinnear (Paul Duncan), Rebecca Romijn-Stamos (Jessie Duncan), Cameron Bright (Adam Duncan), Jenny Levine (Sandra Shaw), Deborah Odell (Tanya), Janet Bailey (Cora), Marcia Bennett (Principal Hersch), Raoul Bhaneja (Samir Miklat), Devon Bostick (Zachary), Elle Downs (Clara Sandler), Merwin Mondesir (Maurice), Zoie Palmer (Susan Pierce), Jake Simons (Dan Sandler)

Director: Nick Hamm (The Hole, Talk of Angels, The Very Thought of You)

Screenwriter: Mark Bomback (cowriter of 1997's direct-to-video The Night Caller; next up is Die Hard 4)

Premise: After their young son, Adam (Bright), is killed in an accidental shooting, a couple (Kinnear, Romijn-Stamos) approach an expert (De Niro) in stem cell research about bringing him back to life through an experimental (and illegal) cloning and regeneration process. When Adam comes back to them, however, he's... different.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Find Your Magali

So, to state the obvious, it's a modern sci-fi take on W.W. Jacobs' "The Monkey's Paw." .... Or more of a "Pet Semetary" retread? Hmmm.

Ghostboy

There was a test screening here in Dallas not long ago (Dallas Mavs owner Mark Cuban produced the movie). Word is (from someone I know who went), it really blows, and they're going to reshoot the ending.

Weak2ndAct

I second what Ghostboy says.  I know someone who saw it, and they summed it up as 'good premise, awful movie.'

MacGuffin

Bloody Disgusting reports that the DeNiro thriller will hit cinemas April 30th.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

El Topo

(kelvin)

I really don't see why they had to introduce this mystery element. Why not make a film about the problems of cloning?

El Duderino

Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

modage

Quote from: themodernage02http://movies.yahoo.com/movies/feature/takinglives.html

watch the first 9 minute sof the movie there.  hey, whats with this new trend?  like, dawn of the dead is showing the first 10 minutes on usa or someplace soon and now that thing is showing theirs online.  is this good or bad?

Watch 10 Minutes of Godsend!
Source: Moviefone Thursday, April 15, 2004

Moviefone has posted an exclusive 10-minute clip from the Lions Gate Films thriller Godsend, which hits theaters on April 30.

Directed by Nick Hamm, the film stars Rebecca Romijn-Stamos and Greg Kinnear as devoted parents who are willing to do anything to resurrect their beloved son, Adam, who was tragically killed in a freak accident.

In the clip, the cloned Adam (Cameron Bright) begins to act strangely and his parents have reason to worry.

10 MINUTE CLIP
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

coffeebeetle

I saw this movie last night.  I was, to put it mildly, thouroughly dissapointed.  It started out strong and naturally had a fantastic premise, but as the film wore on flaws became apparent.  I won't give away anything (because there's no use in trying to highlight any of the strong points since there are none).  And to add insult to injury they left it open for a sequel!
more than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. one path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. the other, to total extinction. let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.
woody allen (side effects - 1980)

El Duderino

to be titled Godsent
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

coffeebeetle

more than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. one path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. the other, to total extinction. let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.
woody allen (side effects - 1980)

ProgWRX

another case of a strong premise going down the tubes :(

Deniro good even on autopilot, and the (to me) excellent Kinnear doing his best with what he was given make for a watchable even engaging movie, but during the third act it just falls apart IMO.
-Carlos