2006 Golden Globes

Started by Kal, December 13, 2005, 08:34:01 AM

modage

Quote from: Pubrick on January 17, 2006, 09:45:12 PM
started out great and got less funny towards the end. for a while it was like all the winners were comedians. i didn't even watch it last year, or care about the winners, but last nite was an especially slow nite for television so i tuned in.

highlights:
-mary louise parker winning
-geena davis' speech, funniest of the nite.
-rachel weisz and darren aronofsky (best couple)
-michelle williams and scarlett johansson (best cutaways)

wtf moments:
-john travolta's random comment before he announced best actor comedy/musical "you men hav all raised the bar.. all you MEN" or some crazy travolta shit like that. WTF?

-james mangold not getting ANY screen time even tho he was name dropped and pointed to a million times. would it hav killed them to flip a camera around?

-fernando meirelles. i think i'm the only one who first thought he was a young black brazillian, then was SHOCKED to find he's 50 or whatever, and then i was blown away when i realised he's a white dude. this'll teach me to do my research.. it makes his movies all the more impressive.

-ryan phillippe, douche bag of the nite. hey dude just cos u think Crash was your "comeback" doesn't mean u should try to get everyone's attention by being overzealous about everything. "pay up"??? yeah like joaquin wasn't the most predictable winner of the whole nite. i was embarrassed for reese.

-mispronunciation of names. so invalidating, go home jamie foxx.

-OH the most hilarious thing, matthew mcconaughey not being able to say Joyeux Noël and sarah jessica parker taking over so then he just says all the english titles. hahah. go home matthew who.
oh man!  john travolta's speech was SO WHAT THE FUCK!?  hahah, i COULD NOT believe the words coming out of his mouth.  like 'to all the men, you're constantly raising the bar.... guys.' 

me: waiting for him to mention women. 
travolta: done talking about it. 
crowd: stunned.

travolta (in his head): once again we men have had to carry you ladies for an entire year. 

classic craziness
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

killafilm

Quote from: Pubrick on January 17, 2006, 09:45:12 PM

-james mangold not getting ANY screen time even tho he was name dropped and pointed to a million times. would it hav killed them to flip a camera around?

All of the camera men had little swatches with some less familar faces on it.  Mangold wasn't included.  I didn't even realize he was going to be there.  He wasn't seated at the "hot" table that was the home to Witherspoon and Phoenix.

Bethie

When do these replay? I was looking forward to watching them, but decided to nap beforehand. Bad idea. I only caught the last half hour.

who likes movies anyway

MacGuffin

Quote from: Bethie on January 18, 2006, 12:37:00 AM
When do these replay? I was looking forward to watching them, but decided to nap beforehand. Bad idea. I only caught the last half hour.

It'll be on Bravo Saturday, January 21 @ 8/7c
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks