2006 Xixax DEKAPENTICON Returns: The Nominations Are In!

Started by modage, December 29, 2005, 09:46:24 AM

modage

TWO MORE DAYS!

i hope everyone (and especially those who were anxious to get this thing going in the first place) has had fun.  maybe had a chance to check out any films they may not have seen off the nominations list.  i had only not seen 1, Passion Of Joan Of Arc, which i did find time to watch a few weeks back and it was quite powerful and excellent.  anybody else check out or maybe even re-visit a film before handing in their final list of 10?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

JG

Yeah I revisited 8 1/2.  It originally wasn't even in my top 30 cause i forgot how good it was.  my appreciation of the movie really shot up.

theres's still a lot of movies on the list i need to see so i'll constantly use this thread for suggestions on what movies to watch. 

modage

okay, polls are closed.  hope everyone got a chance to vote.  we'll have the results for you sometime soon...
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

Pwaybloe

Why?  A minority of voters or you just didn't like the results?

picolas

JG

Pubrick

Quote from: Pwaybloe on January 16, 2006, 01:18:36 PM
Why?  A minority of voters or you just didn't like the results?
we got less ballots than in the first round, but as pic said that's easier for us, and it looks like the majority of the ppl who voted put a lot of thought into their list. for the most part we seem to hav avoided trendy votes, so i can't really complain, we'll see when all the votes are in. i just wanted to use that pic  :shock:
under the paving stones.

squints

"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

SHAFTR

whoops, i had my list ready to send in.  I just didn't get around to it.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

w/o horse

If, like, movies that we know should win don't win year after year, can there be an honorary Dekapenticon given out?  Should there be a subcommittee elected to nominate?  Because where the FUCK did Peckinpah go?  Grawr.
Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.

ono

w/o horse

Cry?  Did I say 'why wasn't The Bridges of Madison County' included?  I said Peckinpah sir.  If anything I'll clearly go slap around my woman to compensate for my drunken, limp dick.

Jesus.
Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: Losing the Horse: on January 17, 2006, 06:47:16 PM
Cry?  Did I say 'why wasn't The Bridges of Madison County' included?  I said Peckinpah sir.  If anything I'll clearly go slap around my woman to compensate for my drunken, limp dick.

Jesus.

Wrong thread.

http://xixax.com/index.php?topic=6474.0
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Reinhold

Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.