2005 MTV Movie Awards

Started by MacGuffin, May 04, 2005, 02:58:48 PM

Myxo

Quote from: MacGuffin'Breakfast Club' Crew to Reunite on MTV

Don't you forget about "The Breakfast Club" At the 2005 MTV Movie Awards, to air June 9, the network plans to reunite the cast of the classic '80s movie, the cable channel said Friday.

Though Emilio Estevez, who played Andrew Clark, isn't confirmed, in attendance will be Molly Ringwald (Claire Standish), Ally Sheedy (Allison Reynolds), Anthony Michael Hall (Brian Johnson) and Judd Nelson (John Bender).

The 1985 film was directed by John Hughes, who had a string of hit films starring young people during the decade, among them "Sixteen Candles," "Weird Science," "Pretty in Pink" and "Ferris Bueller's Day Off."

Yellowcard will perform the film's theme song, "Don't You Forget About Me," from the 1985 film. The song was originally recorded by Simple Minds.

This year's awards will be hosted by Jimmy Fallon. To be taped June 4 at the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles, the show's scheduled performers include Mariah Carey and Eminem.

Oh god.. Are the awards so desperate for a target audience that they've got to go and dig up the 80s?

Quote from: cronopioi'm tired of people throwing shit at the eighties.
context, context, context.

Gamblour.

Man, Yellowcard fucked that song up.
WWPTAD?

jtm

hell yeah they did.  this whole show is fucked.

MacGuffin

Tarantino was hitting the alcohol cart again.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Gamblour.

Oh my god, indeed. "Here is ....WAIT...this is Uma's stunt double....she broke her BACK...like a few months fromn ow omg" collapse.
WWPTAD?

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I didn't watch this, and I know there will be a million reruns of it... would some of the winners get me pissed?

I remember hearing Napolean Dynamite got best movie or something...
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Kal

I missed them... is there a link to watch the Batman/Napoleon thing?

MacGuffin

Quote from: Walruswould some of the winners get me pissed?

Winners list is on Page 1.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Possibly the worst awards show ever, then.

I don't care how entertaining it was, they managed to give an award to every shitty movie last year.  With the exception of the Aviator and Kill Bill Vol. 2, but they were just parts of the movie...

Can people really have this bad of a taste in movies to elect Napolean Dynamite the BEST movie in 2004 and give a lifetime achievement award to Tom Cruise?  The one they gave to Clint Howard was awesome because it was a joke, but it really seemed to touch him.  Tom Cruise doesn't need his ego inflated like this.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

i think we should give things we dislike more attention

context, context, context.