2004 MTV Movie Awards

Started by MacGuffin, April 21, 2004, 10:52:13 AM

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Let's see...Beastie Boys were good, Yeah Yeah Yeahs had an awesome stage, D-12 was ok, disgareed with many of the awards except the fight scene from Kill Bill (But, as stated before, it should've been the fight with the crazy 88's)...

The show lacked so much humor.  It tried so hard, too.  Paris Hilton and Lil Jon hosting the pre-show and Lindsay Lohan hosting the show?  What in God's name has happened to award shows?  

Michael Moore's plug was a bit shameless, but it was nice that someone informed the audience to vote (and not telling them who to vote for).

The guy who gave everything good reviews (which for some reason was after the actual show) that was hilarious.  I suppose it was cut out because it would make the rest of the show horrible in comparison.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: El Duderinoit really bothered me that Lindsay Lohan won best newcomer or some shit AND hosted....the host should never win anything, or be nominated

I agree.  They really sullied the reputation for honesty and commitment to truth that MTV has worked so hard to build for itself these last 23 years by giving Lohan the award.

And so did the Tonys for giving Wolverine an award.

modage

Quote from: Slick ShoesI agree about d12's performance. It just wasn't up to snuff.
thats because D12 are terrible. they are laughably bad.

edit: i just saw the awards tonite.   man when did i get so old?  when i was 14 MTV aimed for an audience that was older than me with these things but not anymore, huh?  this was the worst year EVER.  i thought last year was bad but atleast it had a great opening and a few great skits.  the PJ skit was funny, but god that was not good enough for the opener?!   it wasnt even as funny as the charlies angels butt coach that played mid-show last year.  almost nobody AT the show was funny.  i felt embarrassed for people like tom cruise their to plug their movies at that horrible event.  it was probably fun to go to, but it was painful to watch.  beastie boys were good, but how much more boring can you get than watching rap live?  yyy's had a great set and sounded like shit.  also sucks how they were introduced so enthusiastically but had to play one of like, 2 slow songs on their album instead of being allowed to rock out.  and i abandoned the show before the final performance, but it was assuredly bad as d12 was involved.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

indiana

ya, i felt some thing was missing too. D12 was pure crap.
did anyone else see that a few of the actors were wearing "Vote kerry"  t-shirts? and what was up with mike moore? i like moore, but that was out of the blue.
peace
SONIC BOOM!