1st Quarter 2004

Started by Banky, December 30, 2003, 04:28:16 PM

Banky

This list is of what you think will be your favorite movies of the first quarter of 2004.  If you need help compiling your list here is a link http://www.joblo.com/theatricalreleasedates.htm

1.Jersey Girl

2.Club Dread

3.Kill Bill Volume 2

4.Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind

5.Starsky and Hutch
6.The Whole Ten Yards

Jeremy Blackman

IMDb is blocking image links.  :yabbse-sad:

godardian

Quote from: Jeremy BlackmanIMDb is blocking image links.  :yabbse-sad:

I hate that, too.

Eternal Sunshine is looked forward to by me.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

Stefen

Jersey Girl and Eternal Sunshine I am definetely looking forward toOther films im looking forward to.

Gilliams Brothers Grimm Movie.
Kill Bill Vol 2
Dogville
Passion Of Christ
Ella Enchanted ( I have a thing for Anne Hathaway)
Troy
The Village.
Jm Barries Neverland.
The Incredibles.
The Aviator.

And thats all I can think of right now.

Sorry. Didn't put any images.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

godardian

Quote from: Stefen

Gilliams Brothers Grimm Movie.
Kill Bill Vol 2
Dogville

Yes, of course, on all of those.

No panting on my part over Jersey Girl or Mel Gibson's Life of Brian, though.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

MacGuffin

Quote from: StefenKill Bill Vol 2

That's been pushed back till 2005.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Stefen

Quote from: MacGuffin

It was pushed back from february to april last I heard. It would be pretty dumb for them to wait for it to be released in 05.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Banky

Quote from: MacGuffin

are you serious?

what the hell for?

bonanzataz

firstly, you guys are all douche bags.
good one, mac.

secondly, it was very wise of them to leave j. lo off the poster for jersey girl.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

picolas

Redlum

Give me first quarter release for 3,4 and 5 in the UK and I'll be very happy.
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

mogwai

i hope that 'club dread' bombs.

Banky

Quote from: mogwaii hope that 'club dread' bombs.

why?

kassius

Out of every movie I've heard about... I can't wait to see "The Life Aquatic" and "Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind".

Though, I have my doubts about both.  One, "The Life Aquatic", wasn't written or produced by either of the Wilson brothers. Uhh. Then again, it has Bill Murray... who just works so well under Anderson's direction.

As far as "Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind", the plot is just out there and something you've come to expect from the mind of Charlie Kaufman.  The guy is a genius. Then agian, I have his gut feeling that his projects just work best with Spike Jonez. Though, isn't Michel Gondry a former music video director too?

I guess I need to watch... "Confessions of a Dangerous Mind" with a different eye.

Well, on top of that... it stars Jim Carrey.  Don't get me wrong, I think he's a funny guy but unlike Adam Sandler (Punch Drunk Love)... I don't think he can play a good serious role.  I know he wants to prove himself, badly.

Maybe I'm not being fair enough... but to me, "The Majestic" was awful.  I just had high expections since Frank Darabont directed it.  He let me down.

brockly

**Kill Bill Vol. 2**
Big Fish

Don't know much about the others