..The Prequel Thread...anything goes..

Started by NEON MERCURY, November 06, 2003, 01:10:54 PM

NEON MERCURY

think: Denzel=morpheous.........Crowe=agent Smith....... :silly:

..justice needs a "new" program.....hence.....(neo)......

damns..i is genius......

MacGuffin

Actually, the Matrix Prequel would be:

Taglines:

The Ultimate Hard Drive

The hottest data on earth. In the coolest head in town.

The danger is all in his head
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

NEON MERCURY

hahahaha!!! i thought abou tthat one also...

maybe BOTH of these films are "the early miss-adventures of morpheous and  neo"....

Sleuth

Before the Matrix came out, I was wondering if it'd be anything like Johnny Mnemonic
I like to hug dogs

Raikus

I would think Blade Runner as the most accurate movie for a Matrix prequel. That is, if you apply the Animatrix shorts about the robot uprising and such.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

RegularKarate

To extend this... the Matrix is a remake of Dark City.

NEON MERCURY

I have decided to turn this thread into what you believe could or is the prequel to a film or series of films......
Here is the prequel to MAGNOLIA>.... :wink:

Raikus

Quote from: RegularKarateTo extend this... the Matrix is a remake of Dark City.
To once again debunk this theory... no it wasn't. The Matrix script has been in existence since the early 90's.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

MacGuffin

Newtron reminded me of another Matrix prequel:

Taglines:

A world inside the computer where man has never been. Never before now.

Trapped inside an electronic arena, where love, and escape, do not compute!
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

kotte

RegularKarate

Quote from: RaikusTo once again debunk this theory... no it wasn't. The Matrix script has been in existence since the early 90's.

Do you have a copy of that script?  How do you know that it was the same as it is now?  How do you know that the Dark City script hasn't been around for just as long?  

They were obviously impressed by Dark City, a lot of the look is the same... they even used some of the same set pieces.  

Also, the Dark City similarities continue through to the end of the third Matrix.

BTW, I didn't say "rip off"... just like these aren't really prequels, they're just similar and may have influenced later films.

Jeremy Blackman

Good point RK. I think the visual feeling of Dark City works better than anything in the Matrix... it's warm, creepy, and dark instead of Matrix's cold science fiction bluish-greenishness.

cine

I agree. I've always sort of classified Dark City as 'art house sci fi" and Matrix as 'mainstream sci fi".

Raikus

Quote from: RegularKarate
Quote from: RaikusTo once again debunk this theory... no it wasn't. The Matrix script has been in existence since the early 90's.

Do you have a copy of that script?  How do you know that it was the same as it is now?  How do you know that the Dark City script hasn't been around for just as long?  

They were obviously impressed by Dark City, a lot of the look is the same... they even used some of the same set pieces.  

Also, the Dark City similarities continue through to the end of the third Matrix.

BTW, I didn't say "rip off"... just like these aren't really prequels, they're just similar and may have influenced later films.
The entire history of the Matrix script is documented in an issue of Creative Screenwriting from April or May of this year. The basic premise of the script (Neo, The One, the Prophecy, etc.) was there from the beginning, the only things that changed from the first to third and final draft was Neo's setting (originally supposed to be a teenage kid living with his family, some additional characters, and a few other points that escape me now). Dark City and Matrix are similiar in their story and most noticeably in their cinematography, but it is not a "remake." That was what I was trying to say.