..stereotypes in film and overused cliches..

Started by NEON MERCURY, August 23, 2003, 11:34:32 PM

©brad

well i sure know a ton of women like that in south carolina, especially in the more ritzy parts. i'd imagine its very similar to dallas.

MacGuffin

*Whenever the setting is in the Carribean or the like, a Bob Marley tune will always play on the soundtrack.

*Whenever characters visit Mexico, it's always when a Dia De Los Muertos parade is going on.

*During cars chases, a fruit stand, a pane of glass carried by two guys or trash cans will be run into/over.

*Whenever characters say, "I'll never do that!", there will always be a CUT TO: the character doing that.

*Whenever a character knocks someone out and takes their clothes, they always fit perfectly.

*A tough guy will show no pain while taking the most ferocious beating but will wince when a woman tries to clean his wounds.

*All bombs have large red readouts so you know exactly when they're going to go off.

*Whenever a character is being chased and frantically has to open the door or start the car, she/he will always drop the keys.

*Whenever a character is in war and shows someone a picture of his sweetheart back home, he will die.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

©brad

Quote from: MacGuffin*Whenever characters visit Mexico, it's always when a Dia De Los Muertos parade is going on.

hahah. true.

Just Withnail

Quote from: MacGuffin*Whenever a character knocks someone out and takes their clothes, they always fit perfectly.

A great example of why Die Hard is so great.

Quote from: MacGuffin*A tough guy will show no pain while taking the most ferocious beating but will wince when a woman tries to clean his wounds.

:lol:

grand theft sparrow

I hate it when people get e-mail and the message is in big letters that fill up the entire computer screen with some sort of colorful background so the audience will be able to read it.

Ravi

Computers don't make a noise whenever you type or click something.

cine

Quote from: RaviComputers don't make a noise whenever you type or click something.
Shit, I gotta get a new computer.

Pubrick

yeah, what? keyboards can make hella noise.
under the paving stones.

Just Withnail

What computers don't do is shine a blue light in everybody's faces.

modage

Quote from: WithnailWhat computers don't do is shine a blue light in everybody's faces.
could you re-type that in a darker font please.  my goddamn monitor is so bright with this glowing blue i can hardly read it.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

cine

Quote from: themodernage02
Quote from: WithnailWhat computers don't do is shine a blue light in everybody's faces.
could you re-type that in a darker font please.  my goddamn monitor is so bright with this glowing blue i can hardly read it.
Could you re-type that in a darker font please. My goddamn monitor is is so bright with his glowing blue light, I can hardly read the sarcasm.

MacGuffin

*When characters in movies type on computers or typewriters, they always have to read what they're typing out loud.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

SoNowThen

Quote from: AlguienEstolamiPantalones
Quote from: Jeremy Blackman
Quote from: AlguienEstolamiPantalonesname one country that does not have cival beefs

South Africa.

go there and see for yourself, before you pontificate

while there have un protected sex a lot

good gawd, how can anybody not miss this humor!!?!

I really think this guy should be unbanned. Could we have some kinda Xixax pardon, after this long period of time?
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

cine

Well that came right outta left field...

©brad

obsessive compulsive disorders. (do real ppl even have these?, or is it some made up hollywood disease)