(Spielberg) in person

Started by mutinyco, June 12, 2003, 08:54:44 AM

Alexandro

Quote from: mutinycoObviously, you haven't read anything I've written. The films you mentioned are among my favorites. In fact, 2001 is my favorite. But nothing will change the fact that Gangs is a mess. Period.

Yes, I've read your stuff...that Eyes Wide Shut essay is so great I have it saved on my computer and wanna send it to everyone...Finnally someone takes the film as seriously as it deserves...

mutinyco

Well, then, thank ya' very much.
"I believe in this, and it's been tested by research: he who fucks nuns will later join the church."

-St. Joe

cowboykurtis

Quote from: mutinycoOne day I'm going to reedit Taxi Driver.

your mother will be so proud of you..she may even let you have a cookie!
...your excuses are your own...

mutinyco

I'm going to re-edit my mother too...
"I believe in this, and it's been tested by research: he who fucks nuns will later join the church."

-St. Joe

Sleuth

Quote from: mutinycoI'm going to re-edit my mother too...

Wait...was that an edit by the admins?
I like to hug dogs

mutinyco

-St. Joe

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: satan of cinemaNow, to his themes. Christianity, pardon you believers, is dog dick. Hairy dog dick. Grow up. Pick up a fucking science book. Read A Brief History of Time, for Christ's sake! I'm not interested in salvation because I don't acknowledge the existence of sin. It's all human action – action decided on by millions of years of evolution as well as varying circumstances. For me, basing your movie's intellectual center around religion, which is a bullshit fairytale, or irrational emotion, is simpleminded.

oh dear.......i am not going to get into a religious arguement w/ you since you mentioned that you have "been an aeithist since the age of 6"......believe what you wanna believe....but as a general rule you should have more respect or ________ than to just attack peoples doctrines like this regardless if they worship Jesus or a bag of gummi worms...its about respect........i have been reading your posts and i think you are a smart guy..its just your lack or respect is unprofessional man..............chill

but.....the reason why i think your agruement about "basing characters around religion being simpleminded" is silly is b/c you dont "get it" man...
and it has nothing to do w/ just Christainity but different religions in general.......there are many films whose charcters and themes deal w/ the worlds others religions and being a person whose a spiritual guy i think when religion is used right in film its not "simpleminded" but powerful .........[some examples: 'it is accomplished" in last temptation of Christ, the begging/ redemption crying by kingsley in house of sand and fog, THE THIN RED LINE, there are som many powerful films that deal w/ all forms of religion.........i  need to sit back and think of some more i apologize for my lack of examples........and maybe you think my examples are bad.....w/ religion its always hard b/c of varying opinions..

but ...

maybe you are the one whose is being "simpleminded"....by not opening your mind to directors who roll w/ religious vibes..........im not saying you should believe in these religions, i m just saying you need to understand where the director is coming from........just let down your guard some......be a little vulnerable.........