Once Upon A Time In Hollywood

Started by jenkins, December 03, 2017, 05:47:53 PM

OpO1832

Sharon Tate used to work out with Bruce Lee who played Kato in Green Hornet I would kill for a Bruce Lee cameo
By 1970 the Spaghetti western was dead so perhaps we can get them thinking about going to Italy to shoot one
Blaxploitation films were about to be big

anyone got the script

Robyn

tarantino titles is always the least surprising thing ever. this is the 4th title a row that is almost completely stolen.

i'm expecting a huge box office success despite the backlash. maybe his biggest ever? the cast seems to be ridiculously a-list.

Drenk

What if it does his old trick again and she is saved by the power of cinema...I really dislike this aspect of Basterds.
Ascension.

WorldForgot

Roman Dies and Sharon Lives

Alethia

I wonder if the actual murders will be depicted. I kind of hope not. I've gotten to know the case pretty intimately as of the last year or so and shudder at the thought of a typically Tarantinoan depiction of these sad, unspeakably horrifying crimes. I somehow doubt he'd get too revisionist with it, though, a la Basterds. We'll see.

Drenk

From what I understand, it will be in the background. I can imagine the main characters going to a Sharon Tate party, really excited about it, etc.
Ascension.

Reel

I've had an image in my head of Leo casually strolling down the road and there seems to be a big calamity going on in the house, but knowing their antics as neighbors he assumes it's a rollicking party that's just gotten a wee bit out of control..

Alethia

Also, isn't it time we changed the title of this thread to "Once Upon a Time In Hollywood" ?

wilberfan

Wow.  I'd love to see Reynolds as Spahn!  (Although given his famous sour-pussery with Boogie Nights, hard to imagine he'd be comfortable with sexy Manson Girl scenes.  Still.  I'd love to see him in the part.)

Quentin Tarantino Cast Thickens: Burt Reynolds To Star, Tim Roth, Kurt Russell, Michael Madsen Play Small Roles

QuoteEXCLUSIVE: Quentin Tarantino is expanding the cast of his upcoming film Once Upon A Time In Hollywood. He is in talks with Burt Reynolds to play George Spahn, and also in early discussions with his The Hateful Eight co-stars Tim Roth, Kurt Russell and Michael Madsen to play smaller roles in the film. They would join Leonardo DiCaprio and Brad Pitt, who are already set.

Reynolds has a great role in front of him, maybe the best one the iconic Deliverance star has gotten since Boogie Nights. Spahn was an 80-year old near blind man who rented his LA ranch out to be used as the location for Westerns. Charlie Manson convinced Spahn to allow him and his followers to live on the ranch, in the months before they murdered Sharon Tate and six others. In exchange for rent, Manson coerced his female followers into hopping into bed with the ranch owner, and serving as his seeing eye guides, per reports.

Source
Source

Alethia

Would Michael Madsen still have a career without QT?

Reel

Yes, because he's admitted he'll take practically any role in order to pay for his 2 houses and feed his 6 kids. Scroll through his IMDB, the most recent 20 titles are laughable

Robyn

I hope these are small roles indeed because I wanna see some new faces in a Tarantino film. not super exited about the cast so far.

Fitzroy

Quote from: Reelist on May 09, 2018, 11:40:16 AM
Yes, because he's admitted he'll take practically any role in order to pay for his 2 houses and feed his 6 kids. Scroll through his IMDB, the most recent 20 titles are laughable

The Hateful Eight was the last thing I saw him in, but between films, TV shows and video game voice overs he's had some 40 gigs since then!

polkablues

There's a certain lower-middle class of actor, primarily dudes in their 40s-60s who have name recognition from previous success, who currently make a living by simply having a set price for their services and then accepting literally any production that is willing to pay it. Madsen, Tom Sizemore, Eric Roberts, Matthew Modine, my Close Personal Friend Casper Van Dien.... They get to pay their bills, a bunch of low-budget movies increase their selling power by putting a recognizable name and face on the poster, everybody wins.
My house, my rules, my coffee