2011 Xixax Awards: FINAL VOTE!

Started by modage, February 13, 2011, 06:31:19 PM

Reel

Quote from: Fernando on February 14, 2011, 01:17:30 PM
happy with the noms, I only find odd that Black Swan didnt get one in the screenplay catego and greenberg did (im guessing that was the fifth in votes and BL was sixth)

BL?

BurLesque
BiutifuL
BLack Swan
BLack Tulip
BLue Valentine
The Book of ELi?

Pas

Quote from: kal on February 13, 2011, 07:01:51 PM

And it's stupid that people here keep ignoring how awesome Avatar is. It's not a bad thing to vote for it just because it made a ton of money. These awards are like the fucking Academy Awards, in fact very similar nominations. You should have voted Crash as the best movie of the decade.

have we become the Oscars or have the Oscars become us, I don't know......... But it just wasn't like the old days anymore, no it wasn't like those days.

I'm singing a song in my head guess which one

Fernando

Quote from: Reelist on February 15, 2011, 01:00:20 AM
Quote from: Fernando on February 14, 2011, 01:17:30 PM
happy with the noms, I only find odd that Black Swan didnt get one in the screenplay catego and greenberg did (im guessing that was the fifth in votes and BL was sixth)

BL?

BurLesque
BiutifuL
BLack Swan
BLack Tulip
BLue Valentine
The Book of ELi?

:doh:  :laughing:

of course I meant BS as in Black Swan...BL feels better thou :P

Stefen

I was pretty happy with Black Swan not getting a screenplay nod. Thought the story was kind of weak. That was a technical showcase for Aronscarfsky and Libatique and an acting showcase for NatPo. Kind of like how Social Network was Finchers movie (and Sorkins in place of Libatique). I don't get the love for Eisenberg. He has Fincher and Sorkin to thank more than he does himself.

I love the worst movie category. I agree with all of them. Wish there were 6 spots so Trash Humpers could be there. Ugh.

How did you guys not vote Jersey Shore for best tv show? Are you guys even watching it? It's the best dramatic show on television. How can you not feel bad for the emotional rollercoaster Ronnie has been on this season because of his testosterone levels due to steroid abuse? He's either yelling at someone and picking a fight or crying in a corner somewhere. And what about The Situations effort to hide his homosexuality from the rest of his alpha-male roommates? And finally, how about Snookies weight? Jersey Shore is the greatest sci-fi show on television right now. What other show has a main character than can gain 30lbs from one episode to the next all while being 4 foot 9 tall? It's harrowing stuff, people!
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

I Love a Magician

sad that my plea for people to nominate trash humpers for cinematography fell on deaf ears

Reel

:( yeah, well in our hearts we know it's true.

I never realized all that stuff Stefen said about Jersey Shore, spot on analysis  :lol:

polkablues

Quote from: Stefen on February 15, 2011, 12:29:17 PM
Jersey Shore is the greatest sci-fi show on television right now.

Tied with The Bachelor, at least.
My house, my rules, my coffee

socketlevel

For some reason when i send in my choices i don't have it in my outbox, i think this might have happened last year as well. does that mean it didn't go through? I sent it to polka
the one last hit that spent you...

socketlevel

Quote from: kal on February 13, 2011, 07:01:51 PM
I don't get the fuzz about Enter the Void. Seems like people jumping on the fucking bandwagon and nothing else.

I wouldn't go that far, and i didn't send in nominations this year, but If it were only up to me I'd have it in the best and worst film categories.  It seems to have that kind of polar response, myself siding with worst.

polkablues

Quote from: socketlevel on February 15, 2011, 04:10:38 PM
For some reason when i send in my choices i don't have it in my outbox, i think this might have happened last year as well. does that mean it didn't go through? I sent it to polka

Don't worry, I got it. Make sure when you send an IM, that the little box for "save a copy to my outbox" is checked.
My house, my rules, my coffee

socketlevel

Quote from: polkablues on February 15, 2011, 04:24:28 PM
Quote from: socketlevel on February 15, 2011, 04:10:38 PM

Don't worry, I got it. Make sure when you send an IM, that the little box for "save a copy to my outbox" is checked.

ah right right, thanks man.

modage

Don't forget everybody.  Ballots are due this Saturday and they only take a minute to fill out.  :yabbse-grin:
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

matt35mm

Carey Mulligan's name is misspelled in the ballot, by the way.

Stefen

I'll labor over my vote for weeks, then end up voting at the last minute using my gut.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.