2009 GOLDEN GLOBE AWARDS

Started by Fernando, December 11, 2008, 09:30:59 AM

Pas

MacGuffin

Gyllenhaal, Gervais among Golden Globes presenters

LOS ANGELES - Glenn Close , Ricky Gervais and Jake Gyllenhaal are bringing their star power to the Golden Globes .

The three actors are set to serve as presenters at the 66th annual awards ceremony, to be broadcast live on Jan. 11 on NBC. They'll join previously announced presenters Salma Hayek, Drew Barrymore, Sacha Baron Cohen, Jennifer Lopez, Amy Poehler, Simon Baker and Seth Rogen .

The Golden Globe Awards , presented by the Hollywood Foreign Press Association, honor the best in television and film in 25 categories. Steven Spielberg will receive this year's Cecil B. DeMille Award for his contributions to entertainment.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

hedwig

MacGuffin

Jonas Bros., Panettiere and Scorsese to Present Globes
Source: HFPA

The Jonas Brothers, Hayden Panettiere ("Heroes") and Martin Scorsese have been set as presenters at "The 66th Annual Golden Globe Awards" to be telecast live on NBC Sunday, January 11 (8 - 11 p.m. EST) at The Beverly Hilton.

They join previously announced presenters Simon Baker, Drew Barrymore, Glenn Close, Sacha Baron Cohen, Cameron Diaz, Aaron Eckhart, Laurence Fishburne, Ricky Gervais, Jake Gyllenhaal, Salma Hayek, Jessica Lange, Blake Lively, Jennifer Lopez, Amy Poehler, Chris Rock and Seth Rogen.

Steven Spielberg will receive this year's Cecil B. DeMille Award from the Hollywood Foreign Press Association for his "outstanding contribution to the entertainment field."

"The 66th Annual Golden Globe Awards" will take place Sunday, January 11, 2009 at The Beverly Hilton with a live telecast airing on NBC at 8 p.m. (EST) and produced by Dick Clark Productions in association with the Hollywood Foreign Press Association. Jorge Camara is President of the Hollywood Foreign Press Association. Orly Adelson, president of dcp and Barry Adelman will executive produce. Chris Donovan is the director and dcp's Bob Bardo is the executive in charge of production.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

MacGuffin

Best Motion Picture - Drama
Winner: Slumdog Millionaire (2008)

Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture - Drama
Winner: Mickey Rourke for The Wrestler (2008)

Best Television Series - Drama
Winner: "Mad Men" (2007)

Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Drama
Winner: Kate Winslet for Revolutionary Road (2008)

Best Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy
Winner: Vicky Cristina Barcelona (2008)

Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy
Winner: Colin Farrell for In Bruges (2008)

Best Director - Motion Picture
Winner: Danny Boyle for Slumdog Millionaire (2008)

Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series - Musical or Comedy
Winner: Tina Fey for "30 Rock" (2006)

Best Original Score - Motion Picture
Winner: Slumdog Millionaire (2008) - A.R. Rahman

Best Television Series - Musical or Comedy
Winner: "30 Rock" (2006)

Best Performance by an Actor in a Mini-Series or a Motion Picture Made for Television
Winner: Paul Giamatti for "John Adams" (2008)

Best Performance by an Actor in a Television Series - Musical or Comedy
Winner: Alec Baldwin for "30 Rock" (2006)

Best Screenplay - Motion Picture
Winner: Slumdog Millionaire (2008) - Simon Beaufoy

Best Performance by an Actress in a Mini-Series or a Motion Picture Made for Television
Winner: Laura Linney for "John Adams" (2008)

Best Foreign Language Film
Winner: Vals Im Bashir (2008)

Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture
Winner: Heath Ledger for The Dark Knight (2008)

Best Mini-Series or Motion Picture Made for Television
Winner: "John Adams" (2008)

Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy
Winner: Sally Hawkins for Happy-Go-Lucky (2008)

Best Animated Film
Winner: WALL·E (2008)

Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series - Drama
Winner: Anna Paquin for "True Blood" (2007)

Best Performance by an Actor in a Television Series - Drama
Winner: Gabriel Byrne for "In Treatment" (2008)

Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Series, Mini-Series or Motion Picture Made for Television
Winner: Laura Dern for Recount (2008) (TV)

Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role in a Series, Mini-Series or Motion Picture Made for Television
Winner: Tom Wilkinson for "John Adams" (2008)

Best Original Song - Motion Picture
Winner: The Wrestler (2008)("The Wrestler")

Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture
Winner: Kate Winslet for The Reader (2008)

Skeleton FilmWorks

Stefen

Damn, 30 Rock dominated. Werd up. Couldn't have happened to a better show. Glad Colin won. In Bruges deserved to get some love. Mickey Rourke was deserving. Heath Ledger was deserving but predictable. I thought Hathaway was going to win because I read that it got leaked on the GG site. Slumdog = blah. It could have been worse, I guess. I need to see Vicky Christina Barcelona.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

john

Motorcycle Boy reigns.

Rourke, Springsteen, and Winslet's speeches all kept this evening from being a total waste.

Tracy Morgan, too.
Maybe every day is Saturday morning.

Kal

Tracy Morgan was great. 30 Rock deserved all the credit. I still cannot believe Lost was not even nominated.

Kate Winslet was so happy and she deserved it. Slumdog for me too, although I know people here do not agree.

Chris Nolan's speech for Heath Ledger was also a nice moment, as well as the Spielberg award. Not a bad show compared to other years.

john

Quote from: kal on January 12, 2009, 01:47:28 AM
I still cannot believe Lost was not even nominated.

Jesus Christ, I didn't even think about that. Befuddling.

Kate Winslet was so happy and she deserved it. Slumdog for me too, although I know people here do not agree.

I don't agree with Slumdog, but I don't disagree enough to be indignant. I know a handful of people that absolutely loved the film, and I'm actually a bit jealous at anyone who can embrace it with such conviction. Though, I guess The Wrestler fills that void.

Still, it's a strange feeling to me being apathetic when it comes to Danny Boyle winning Best Director. He's done some incredible work, and certainly handled Slumdog with more enthusiasm and passion that almost any other director they could have brought onto the project... this just isn't his best work and Mendes, blindsiding me in every regard, has done his best work so far with Revolutionary Road - yet I have a feeling he will continue to be this awards seasons also-also ran. The runner-up to the runner-up.

I guess it's a bit silly for me to opine or be swept up in any of this... I've always found the Golden Globes to be pretty irrelevant, at best. Don't know why I suddenly care.

Chris Nolan's speech for Heath Ledger was also a nice moment, as well as the Spielberg award. Not a bad show compared to other years.

The Spielberg award reminded me that I can listen to Scorsese talk about ANYTHING and me completely immersed. He has such a reputation for speaking with such machine-gun ferocity, his mouth barely keeping up with his mind - but time and time again he delivers these articulate, measured narratives on subjects he loves and it's mesmerizing.
Maybe every day is Saturday morning.

picolas

- cheadle gave the best presenter performance. "i coulda crushed it."
- why was rumor willis just standing there the whole time?
- p. diddy seemed displeased with everything.
- i really want to believe the wrestler has some kind of new momentum going into the oscars for some more noms. i so thought penn had it. best actor is going to be a nail-biter. penn and rourke deserve it, but my heart wants rourke to get it.
- i cannot stand slumdog winning everything.. looks like it's pretty much a lock now.

Fernando

adding to what pic said:

- nice moment when Heath won, I liked that they didn't over dramatized it
- Mickey Rourke gave the best speech, that moment when he thanks his dog was very emotional, almost as emotional as Heath wining (for me at least), can't wait to see the film
- it has to be said again, Kate Winslet is the most beautiful girl on the planet, good speeches too
- Salma's face and audience's reaction when Sacha told the crack about madonna was priceless, and he was like, come on give me a break, too soon maybe?

Stefen

Did anyone think the Seth Rogen doing cocaine with Mickey Rourke in the 80's bit was in bad taste? I thought it was hilarious, but the audience didn't seem to think so. You'd think it would fly over perfectly fine with the Golden Globe audience, which is basically a less classy/dime store version of the Oscars. Aronofsky's middle finger was awesome, too.

The Golden Globes are like Dickies to the Oscar's Levi's. The XIXAX awards are like, Wranglers, I guess. A used pair.

Kal

I thought there were a few over the line moments... like Sasha, Seth Rogen and Colin Farrell both talking about cocaine ("I have a cold... not what it used to be"), and Ricky Gervais with the holocaust movies and nazi jokes? Good he didn't say the other joke, he forgets most of the people there and the ones voting are jews.

Rumner Willis is the ugliest chick ever. They usually get a very hot daughter of someone important to be the GG Girl, but this girl is just ugly and her head is shaped like a fucking football.