Dear Prudence

Started by AlguienEstolamiPantalones, June 27, 2003, 04:22:46 PM

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

The sun is up, the sky is blue
It's beautiful and so are you
Dear Prudence, wont you come out and play?

is their a more perfect song, i fucking love this song

European Son

Anyone know the story behind the song? Well, in case you don't I'll tell you. When the Beatles were in India with the Maharishi, there was a woman at the camp named Prudence who had some sort of illness. She would stay in her room for days at a time in a depressed state. John Lennon wrote the song for her.

MacGuffin

The Siouxie & The Banshees version is one of the best Beatles covers ever.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

SoNowThen

Quote from: AlguienEstolamiPantalonesThe sun is up, the sky is blue

Y'know those eerie coincidences we seem to have? Well, I was humming this song before I went to bed last night. And I haven't listened to it in months.

This is weird...
(yes, I love the tune, too...)
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

Mesh

Quote from: AlguienEstolamiPantalones
is their a more perfect song

It's as good as any great Beatles song.

I've heard that song so many times and for so many years, it's hard for me to even think of it as a recording.  I just can't be critical of great Beatles songs.

pixelnixel

I like I'm only sleeping and "fixing a hole"... I can totally relate to both.
Patience builds the mind of man.  
Maintain balance while you plan.

Quote from: SoNowThen
Quote from: AlguienEstolamiPantalonesThe sun is up, the sky is blue

Y'know those eerie coincidences we seem to have? Well, I was humming this song before I went to bed last night. And I haven't listened to it in months.

This is weird...
(yes, I love the tune, too...)

i can see you humming this song at the same time i was, we could be the next cohen brothers, ahh yes the Mambo brothers

and the sister of prudence is mia farrow

aclockworkjj

The entire White Album....in it's entirety is just about good as it gets....

But yes....Dear Prudence is amazing.

chainsmoking insomniac

The Beatles are fucking awesome.  I haven't heard a Beatles song I didn't love.  Need we say more?   :-D
"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"
 --Paul Schneider, All the Real Girls

life_boy

My favorite Beatles song is probably 'You Never Give Me Your Money'.  Killer, thru & thru!

sphinx

love that song.  it breaks into some crazy bluesy shit like a minute in and then goes back to serious.  fantastic

life_boy

Yeah, actually that whole chunk at the end of Abbey Road is a good fuckin' Beatles song!

Quote from: life_boyYeah, actually that whole chunk at the end of Abbey Road is a good fuckin' Beatles song!

i hate how people never talk about their earlly stuff

ask me why  and should of known better, WOW

jonas

The White Album is my favorite, but I love them all. A Hard Days Night and Rubber Soul are excellent as well.

And I Love Her from A Hard Days Night is such a great song.
"Mein Führer, I can walk!" - Dr. Strangelove

pete

I love Honey Pie from White Album.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton