David Lynch - Peacemaker

Started by MacGuffin, October 22, 2003, 11:31:35 AM

RegularKarate

I second Pubrick's reaction.
Forget about us... how are you doing?

cowboykurtis

...your excuses are your own...

MacGuffin

Quote from: budgie on December 05, 2005, 06:59:15 AMpart of me wants to write an involved response, but it's such a very little part, so instead i'll just say hello and ask how is everyone i used to consort with?

Whatever I respond with, you'll say I haven't changed.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

bonanzataz

!!!

this is like that episode of melrose place where everybody thought michael mancini had killed that girl kimberley in a car wreck, then, at the end of the season, you find out she's still alive and everybody's like, whoa!

maybe catherine's return on twin peaks would've been more appropriate?

either way...
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Pubrick

Quote from: bonanzataz on December 05, 2005, 05:46:50 PM
!!!

this is like that episode of melrose place where everybody thought michael mancini had killed that girl kimberley in a car wreck, then, at the end of the season, you find out she's still alive and everybody's like, whoa!
that's exactly what it's like, man. and she comes back bald with that scar on her head, and then she moves to Wisteria Lane and the show jumps the shark  :yabbse-sad:

budgie, how are the cats?
under the paving stones.

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

budgie

rk - thank you for asking, hope you're fine. i'm sharing your office life and this is a stolen moment.

pu - my cats are sleek and well-fed and very very black.

guffy - oh dear, why hasn't anyone taken you in hand and led you through the streets of london?

03 - i don't know who you are.

things are looking so peaceful and well-oiled around here - am i right? a really nice toolbox too! have you managed to ensnare any women yet (real or imagined)?

come on, jb, give me a wave you tight bastard... before i slip out of the frame forever.

mogwai

Pubrick

Quote from: budgie on December 06, 2005, 10:58:21 AM
have you managed to ensnare any women yet (real or imagined)?
in some cases literally :yabbse-lipsrsealed:. you'd be surprised/proud.

so.. why did u leave and how long are u back for? i need to know so i can take off this chastity belt.
under the paving stones.

MacGuffin

Quote from: budgie on December 06, 2005, 10:58:21 AMguffy - oh dear, why hasn't anyone taken you in hand and led you through the streets of london?

Sweetheart, I'm still waiting to find a Marla to do that for me on this side of the pond.

Now where's my kiss smilie?
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: budgie on December 06, 2005, 10:58:21 AM
come on, jb, give me a wave you tight bastard... before i slip out of the frame forever.

:waving:

I've been in the Xixax decompression chamber for the last few days, which I'm sure you're familiar with...

Wow, I only wish I could remember something from which to make an inside joke. Oh, right. Have you made your decision on the Xixax Movie scripts?

But more importantly, what movies have you seen since September 26, 2003?

Gold Trumpet

budgie

hey GT. thanks for your message. your appeal to my vanity worked as well as ever. enjoy yourself where you can.

JB you warm me. missed loads of good movies i'm sure since i dropped out of this place. all the previews used to guide me. one big surprise during the past two years was how much i loved lord of the rings! who'd have thought it? other than that, probably all quite predictable and i'm sure you could make me a list of all my favourites. how are things with you?

pu, i'm not surprised at all and incredibly proud of course. quite delighted by you. if you have a serious interest and want to go into a side room let's share predilections and history. in my interval i dallied with the scene but it's not really extreme enough psychologically and rather full of dirty old men with commonplace fetishes.

to answer your questions...

i simply wandered off on a different road. at chuck night i met my fleshly Tyler, who has cured me of boredom and dissatisfaction and who showed me the Way. although it is difficult to sustain, he made me understand how to be happy: to be thankful for very little, to accept limitations and mysteries, to appreciate the moment. no planning, so no disappointments. no hopes. no striving to make things happen. just submission and aware reaction. i will love that man forever, and even though i still feel the frustration of his not wanting (or being able) to accept anything from me in return, i wouldn't change what he gave me for anything lesser or more. it's true love, real peace.

he also reminded me, in a roundabout way, of my inhumanity, and i'm fast becoming an animal. soon enough i'll give myself in slavery to a pyromaniacal pagan who i met at stonehenge on the summer solstice this year. consequently, i'll not be able to return fully now. i'll be far too busy growing veg and killing chickens, and won't be allowed to associate with young men.

at this very time i'm working at the University as a... Secretary... so snatching times when i can ramble your byways is a bit difficult. miss you though, and often wonder what's going on with my old favourites, so GT's message pulled me back in on a slow day.

feel like i've hijacked dave's limelight enough. but in a way perhaps i've just contributed. it felt like the right thread in any case...

guffy... stop waiting if it makes you miserable. read the tao te ching, go hug a tree. ur alright.

polkablues

This is what I get for not paying better attention to the Lynch section... Budgie pokes her head out and I miss it!  Honest-to-God, no-fooling Budgie!

Is it 2002 again?  Have I travelled back in time?  Have I taken a ride in Mister Peabody's Wayback machine, to a simpler, happier time, when the one-woman British intelligentsia ruled the interweb?

Anyways, good luck with the pagan slavery.  And the secretarying.  (Is there a difference between the two?)
My house, my rules, my coffee