Current top fives

Started by Ernie, February 20, 2003, 08:42:23 PM

polkablues

Quote from: RegularKarate
Quote from: polkablues
Wait for "Dreamcatcher".  It'll be the one that makes him a star.

Seriously doubt it, while I want to see it, that's one film that will disapear into oblivion.

I wouldn't count on it.  I doubt it'll be a HUGE success, but it oughta do well for everyone involved.
My house, my rules, my coffee

moonshiner

Quote from: ebeaman69Also, Phil Hoffman, that fucking talented genius is going to be on my favorite show tonight: Conan O Brien, just so you know. You guys just know that's going to be funny. I'm definitely staying up to see that, I can't wait for the comedy central re-run.

Two of my favorites...sorry i missed it...glad to get my opportunity to praise conan o'brien too...funny as hell.
the rumble of the train trails off to infinity, a place where no one goes anymore

JC, no not that one

meatball

Actors
1. Marlon Brando
2. Benicio Del Toro
3. William H. Macy
4. Crispin Glover
5. Christopher Walken

Actresses
1. Meryl Streep
2. Julianne Moore
3. Keira Knightley
4. Rhona Mitra
5. Claire Forlani

3-5 on my actress list are based on pure physical attraction only.

ono

Actors
Kevin Spacey
Philip Seymour Hoffman
William H. Macy
John Goodman
John C. Reilly

Honorable Mention: Edward Norton, Nicholas Cage, Brad Pitt.

Actresses
Julianne Moore
Scarlett Johanssen
Christina Ricci
Thora Birch
Emily Watson

Honorable Mention: Ingrid Bergman, Maggie Gyllenhall, Diane Keaton.

SoNowThen

Quote from: meatball
3. Keira Knightley
4. Rhona Mitra
5. Claire Forlani

:yabbse-thumbup:   I dig your style.
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

ShanghaiOrange

Actors (Maybe :()
Toshio Mifune
Robert DeNiro
Johnny Depp
John Cusack
Bill Murray

Actresses (Maybe :()
Scarlet Johnason
Jodie Foster
Jennifer Connelly
Julianne Moore
Sigourney Weaver
Last five films (theater)
-The Da Vinci Code: *
-Thank You For Smoking: ***
-Silent Hill: ***1/2 (high)
-Happy Together: ***1/2
-Slither: **

Last five films (video)
-Solaris: ***1/2
-Cobra Verde: ***1/2
-My Best Fiend: **1/2
-Days of Heaven: ****
-The Thin Red Line: ***

meatball

Quote from: SoNowThen
Quote from: meatball
3. Keira Knightley
4. Rhona Mitra
5. Claire Forlani

:yabbse-thumbup:   I dig your style.

Thank you very much.  8)

cine

Actors:
Christopher Walken
Dustin Hoffman
Robert De Niro
Jack Nicholson
Nicholas Cage
Honourable mention: William H. Macy

Actresses:
Meryl Streep
Julianne Moore
Uma Thurman
Diane Keaton
Amanda Peet
Honourable mention: Scarlett Johanssen

Gloria

Actors:
Kevin Spacey
Gabriel Byrne
Benicio Del Toro
Greg Kinnear
George Clooney
Honorable Mention: Clive Owen, Willem Dafoe

Actresses:
Angelina Jolie
Holly Hunter
Uma Thurman
Patricia Arquette
Ellen Burstyn
Honorable Mention: Clea DuVall, Anna Paquin

Alethia

william h. macy
bill murray
nicolas cage
michael madsen (just one of the coolest actors ever)
john goodman

scarlett johannson
uma thurman
nicole kidman
ellen burstyn
christina ricci

cine

Quote from: ewardmichael madsen (just one of the coolest actors ever)
Oh man, I hear ya. I can't wait to see him in KB Vol. 2.

Gold Trumpet

I usually don't care much for list threads but done hate them as much as P, but this thread takes the cake of just bad "list" threads. I can give praise to actors and all, but I wouldn't know where to begin on ranking them in any top 5 list at all. And really if I did, it'd be for actresses only and on scale of who was hottest.

~rougerum

MacGuffin

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetI can give praise to actors and all, but I wouldn't know where to begin on ranking them in any top 5 list at all. And really if I did, it'd be for actresses only and on scale of who was hottest.

~rougerum

Oh, you want this thread then:
http://xixax.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4220
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Find Your Magali

Well I'm not sure if it's the worst list thread.

I'll rank my top fives by using this criteria: If I was writing and directing my own movie, these are the 10 people who I would absolutely want to star in it.

MEN
Denzel Washington
Morgan Freeman
Philip Seymour Hoffman
William H. Macy
Bruce Greenwood

WOMEN
Julianne Moore
Renee Zellweger
Ming-Na
Frances McDormand
Alfre Woodard

They maybe aren't the 10 best. Or even my 10 favorite. ... Just 10 great actors who I would love to write for and work with and see together on the big screen. Anyone wanna see this film?

meatball

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetI usually don't care much for list threads but done hate them as much as P, but this thread takes the cake of just bad "list" threads. I can give praise to actors and all, but I wouldn't know where to begin on ranking them in any top 5 list at all. And really if I did, it'd be for actresses only and on scale of who was hottest.

~rougerum

Well, it's your faves.. I thought. Not so hard.  :P

I mean, I can list a bunch of other actors who are probably "better" at acting than my list members.. but I *like* these guys the most!