PTA is coming to my town!!!!!!!!!!

Started by Ernie, June 14, 2003, 03:46:45 PM

Ernie

Oh my god, I am in heaven right now...just picked up the living section of the paper, top left corner IMMEDIATELY caught my eye...a pic of Adam Sandler in the beautiful blue suit. I read the short blurb under it faster than I've ever read anything in my life and find out the best news I've heard in probably all my teen years! The George Eastman House, a very famous theatre many of you have probably heard of, JUST added a screening of PDL with an appearance by god himself to their June schedule!!!! It's going to be on June 30th! God, what perfection! Right at the beginning of summer, I hope this is an omen for the best summer ever! Seriously, this is a dream. I never thought he would come here, the only cool famous person I've ever met here is PSH. This is really amazing. I have no idea what I'm going to have him sign, cause I won't leave without meeting him...I swear to god. I have 3 posters, by then I'll have all 4 dvd's, I have the PDL script, I don't even know what to do, I can't even think. I am going to totally freak out if he actually ends up coming. I hope nothing gets in the way. I don't see what could, I mean the dvd is finished...he probably doesn't really have too many other screening to attend at this point, right? He's done all the marketing, everything is all set, if he is working on his next movie at all it's probably just the script...so all he's gotta do is stay fucking healthy. God, I hope this really happens...it would be amazing!!!!

Anyway, I just had to tell somebody so I came here...I just freaked out. Is there any advice people who have met him or seen him in person can give me? Is he a nice guy? Cause of course I'm going to try to meet him. It was pretty easy to meet PSH and that was a similar thing so I'm going to get my nerve up. He acts kinda wierd on some of the things I've see him in or when I read some of his interviews but in a cool way! I'd love to hear what he acts like just so I'm prepared a little bit.

Spike

O man, you're fucking lucky!
He's surely a nice guy!
"We're gonna celebrate St. Suck-My-Big-Fat-Fucking-Sausage'a!!!"

Cecil

i am not jealous at all.

die, you little prick, die.

Ernie

Lol, I knew at least one of you would be bitter...don't blame you AT ALL Cecil...I would have felt the exact same way. Why don't you come down and check it out!? It's a great theatre. We'll hang out.

I do feel like a little prick now though, seriously. Cecil has probably been a fan of him much longer than I have. I really do think he's the best though...him and Scorsese...PTA being the best young filmmaker. But yeah, I guess this is a little more than I deserve. I did have a kinda rough year in school though. And Cecil gets to hang out with pissed off girls! So I don't feel bad anymore. I got into him when I was 15, I couldn't really be expected to be interested in him at a younger age, right?

Cecil

Quote from: ebeamanWhy don't you come down and check it out!? It's a great theatre. We'll hang out.

seems pretty far. i dont drive. i hate cars. except when they crash

Quote from: ebeamanCecil gets to hang out with pissed off girls

8)
pissed off girls that like me

Fernando

Quote from: ebeamanThe George Eastman House, a very famous theatre many of you have probably heard of, JUST added a screening of PDL with an appearance by god himself to their June schedule!!!!

Good for you Jack!

Seriously, it'll certainly be very cool, now, you probably already thought of this but you must ask him if he's working on something right now, or how sooner he plans to do so.

This could apply to him now:

'Every month Kubrick isn't making films is a loss to everybody.'
Sidney Lumet

Gold Trumpet

Anyone else just read the thread title and see the author and slightly laugh or smile? I did.

I am happy for you ebes; you are by far the most enegetic PTA fan I know. I bet he knows your name from slyly reading this board every now and then so you should wear a shirt saying, "EBEAMAN WANTS YOU" and just run up to PTA wearing the biggest grin you can give. It will be scary and beautiful at the same time. I'm not trying to be mean here because I think its great and am happy for you. A lot of people here seem to be wearing a cool persona on their shoulder and not really fully opening up. When I see you talking ebes, I know you are really saying it with all your convinction. More people are like you, but afraid to show it.

~rougerum

children with angels

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetAnyone else just read the thread title and see the author and slightly laugh or smile? I did.
~rougerum

Totally...!  :-D

And I am officially a massively jealous fanboy right now... Although I always end up making an ass out of myself when I meet people I admire, just come accross as an annoying, normal fan - which, of course, I am: it's just that it feels much deeper than that, doesn't it...? Like, "you totally understand me, man: we are going to just have an immediate connection - it'll be a beautiful thing..." And then you're in front of them and you just start saying "You're just... sooooooo cool...".

But I'm sure it won't be like that for you, Ebes...! I can't think of anyone in the world I'd rather meet right now (except for maybe an incarnate version of the abstracted ideal girl of my dreams I have in my head, but - her aside - PTA's number one...!)

You lucky, lucky bastard...
"Should I bring my own chains?"
"We always do..."

http://www.alternatetakes.co.uk/
http://thelesserfeat.blogspot.com/

Sal

PTA was supposed to come to Denver for a PDL screening as part of the Denver intl film festival, and he bailed close to the last minute.  Since I was too late in getting tics (they sold *quick*), I asked a friend of mine who was going to see if anyone had a spare available-- and I was willing to pay near triple the amount.  To my fortune, no one had a spare, and it turned out PTA wasnt showing anyway.  PDL played the next weekend, and I felt relieved.  Still though -- why drop your Denver friends, eh P?

neatahwanta

Quote from: ebeamanIt's going to be on June 30th!

I'd go, but I have 3rd row tickets to Norah Jones that evening  :cry:.

modage

Quote from: children with angels
Quote from: The Gold TrumpetAnyone else just read the thread title and see the author and slightly laugh or smile? I did.
~rougerum

Totally...!  :-D

And I am officially a massively jealous fanboy right now... Although I always end up making an ass out of myself when I meet people I admire, just come accross as an annoying, normal fan - which, of course, I am: it's just that it feels much deeper than that, doesn't it...? Like, "you totally understand me, man: we are going to just have an immediate connection - it'll be a beautiful thing..." And then you're in front of them and you just start saying "You're just... sooooooo cool...".

yeah.  i just met elliott smith and was just like "we....love you".  such a dork am i.  i cant imagine what i will say to PTA if am given the opportunity.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Ernie

Well, thank you guys for not being too jealous...you reacted a lot better than I thought you would. And no, I do not take any offense at all to anything you said GT, or anything anybody said...I know what you all mean. I realize I'm not the smartest or most mature person here and I don't try to be. I know I am like that. Those are not my goals either. I'm happy to be learning and developing my taste, I don't even want to be an expert yet. I thank god I found this site, I would never have discovered a lot of my favorite filmmakers. I'm glad to be the most energetic PTA fan you know too GT, that made me feel good. I'm also glad you see the sincerity in all my posts and everything I say, thanks for not labeling me with the overemotional teen stereotype as many often do just because of the passion I have. It is all really true and sincere as I said.

md

ebeaman..i will see you there.  Cant wait, ordering my tickets tommorow.  We should chill before or some shiznat.  Any particular questions anyone thinks I should ask him at the q and a?
"look hard at what pleases you and even harder at what doesn't" ~ carolyn forche

Duck Sauce

ebeaman take pictures and have him sign your chest.

Ask him if he ever went to the PTanderson.com forums

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs