Celebrities Gone Wild

Started by MacGuffin, September 18, 2004, 05:48:48 PM

mogwai

Michael Madsen, Kill Bill Star, Arrested for Child Cruelty

Michael Madsen, who appeared in Quentin Tarantino's Kill Bill and Reservoir Dogs, was arrested following a fight with his teenage son. Madsen, 54, the brother of actress Virginia Madsen, was booked at a Los Angeles County Sheriff's station on a felony charge of child endangerment with cruelty to a child and released on $100,000 bail. He was arrested Friday afternoon at his Malibu home by deputies responding to a family disturbance call. Detectives from the Special Victims Bureau were following up on allegations the actor was intoxicated and fighting with his son, who didn't require medical attention, according to the Sheriff's Department.

mogwai

Dave Grohl denies seducing Kurt Cobain and Courtney Love's (the WILD ONE!) daughter Frances Bean

Courtney Love accused the Foo Fighters frontman of hitting on the teenager

Dave Grohl has denied accusations levelled at him by Courtney Love, who said that he had tried to seduce her teenage daughter Frances Bean Cobain.

Grohl, who played in Nirvana with Frances' father Kurt Cobain said in a statement: "Unfortunately Courtney is on another hateful Twitter rant. These new accusations are upsetting, offensive and absolutely untrue."

Love made the accusations last night on Twitter, saying that her daughter's roommate had told her that Grohl had "hit on Frances" and added that she thought the Foo Fighters frontman was "sexually obsessed" with Kurt, who killed himself 18 years ago.

The posts were made on Love's private Twitter account, @cbabymichelle, but gossip website Gawker made the posts public on its own site.

According to Gawker, she wrote: "I hear from Frannies roommate that @davegrohl hit on Frances, and that she was curious, I'm not mad at her, him I am about to shoot dead." She also said that "dave tried to fuck me a lot" but added that he was "sexually obsessed w kurt not me".

Courtney Love and Dave Grohl have never seen eye to eye, with Love accusing Grohl of wasting Nirvana's money. Last month she also accused The Muppets of "raping" the legacy of Kurt. According to TMZ, the Hole singer was outraged that Kermit and co covered the classic Nirvana track 'Smells Like Teen Spirit' in the 2011 flick The Muppets, for which she says they did not seek her permission.

Love, who recently revealed that she had asked U2 singer Bono to provide her with a character reference so she could rent a new house, claims that she owns the rights to Cobain's music and has the power to approve whether they can be used in commercial projects.

Robyn

I don't know where to post this but isn't this fucking perfect?

It's Macaulay Culkins pizza-themed Velvet Underground tribute band.

you know i was talking about this in the shoutbox like two days ago right. theyre coming to my town, and i will be chilling with macaulay culkin.

Jeremy Blackman

I just stumbled across this on YouTube, and it's one of the most prescient things ever. This was made almost 6 years ago.

Jeremy Blackman

Not even sure why I'm posting these, except that they kind of reveal that Justin Bieber has in fact always been a degenerate human being. The delight in his face is actually kind of creepy.

wilberfan

Blanks can be very dangerous if handled the wrong way.  Made me think of Brandon Lee.

jtm

I thought of that too.

But a cinematographer dead, and director injured?

What the hell was going on on that set? Strange how that could happen.

But again, curious to hear more details.

polkablues

Tragic incidents like this are fucking infuriating. No one should ever die for the sake of a movie, and using blank-firing weapons at or near any person is utterly irresponsible. If you can't make your movie in a way that ensures the safety of the cast and crew, don't make the goddamn movie.
My house, my rules, my coffee

jtm

Agreed, but someone on set had to make a serious mistake for something like this to happen... guessing the prop guy will take the fall.

It's surprising that of all the gun fights in movies over the years, studio or indy, this hasn't happened much at all. The Brandon Lee incident is the only other one I can recall.

polkablues

https://deadline.com/2021/10/rust-movie-gun-internal-review-safety-issues-production-camera-crew-walkout-1234860497/

As details emerge, it's looking pretty clear that there was gross negligence in this production from the top down. People are going to go to jail for this, and rightfully.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Drenk

Seems like they released Baldwin pretty fast: as a producer, I'm sure he was aware of members of the crew leaving for safety reasons and general abusive working conditions.
Ascension.

wilberfan

A distraught Alec Baldwin in the parking lot outside the Santa Fe County Sheriff's Office on Thursday after answering questions about the shooting.       Credit...Jim Weber/Santa Fe New Mexican