Celebrities Gone Wild

Started by MacGuffin, September 18, 2004, 05:48:48 PM

MacGuffin

George Michael Arrested on Drug Charges

LONDON -- George Michael was arrested on suspicion of possessing marijuana after police found him slumped over the steering wheel of his car in London, authorities said Monday.

Michael was arrested after police responded to complaints that a car was blocking an intersection in North London at 3:22 a.m. Sunday. He received a caution for possession of cannabis and was released on bail on a charge of being unfit to drive. He has a November court date.

Just a week earlier, Michael gave his first solo concert in 15 years. The Spain show kicked off his new tour, "25 Live," which is scheduled for 28 European cities this fall.

Michael rose to fame in the 1980s as half of the duo Wham! before starting his solo career.

Police had earlier warned Michael for possession of cannabis in February.

In April, he hit three parked cars. He later acknowledged in an interview that he was a "terrible driver" and said he was trying to maneuver out of a parking spot.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

JG

Quote from: Walrus on September 30, 2006, 12:43:25 AM
It ends with Diamond introducing one of the women to a "Dirty Sanchez."

screech marks. 

MacGuffin

Tara Reid undergoes surgery to reverse bikini "nightmare"

Actress Tara Reid, whose botched breast surgery made her a Hollywood laughingstock two years ago, underwent additional surgery to repair the damage, according to a report in Us Weekly.

In an interview released on Wednesday, the "American Pie" actress told the magazine she had surgery last month to reduce the scarring on her breasts and to even out her stomach after cosmetic surgery in 2004.

Reid unwittingly exposed the disastrous results when she posed for pictures at a November 2004 party and her dress strap fell down. 

"I was on Web sites as having the ugliest boob job in the world. I was devastated," Reid, 30, told the magazine.

Reid said the surgery hurt her professionally and personally.

"Guys I was dating would be like, 'What's wrong with them? They look really bad. You know, you should really get them fixed.' So embarrassing, I mean, you definitely had to turn off the lights. And then there was my stomach."

Reid said she had liposuction on her stomach at the same time because she wanted "a six pack."

"But it went all wrong. My stomach became the most ripply, bulgy thing."

She told Us Weekly it took her two years to regain her confidence and trust another cosmetic surgeon to sort out the problems.

"I couldn't wear a bikini. I lost a lot of work. I lost my confidence," she said. "This was a nightmare I lived through."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

polkablues

My house, my rules, my coffee

pete

"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

MacGuffin

Sienna Miller apologizes to Pittsburgh

Sienna Miller, who disparaged Pittsburgh in a magazine interview, apologized on Friday, saying her remarks were taken out of context and that she found the city and residents gracious.

The 24-year-old British actress, in town shooting the screen adaptation of Michael Chabon's novel "The Mysteries of Pittsburgh," called the city a name that sounds like Pittsburgh, but contains an expletive. Her comments appear in the latest edition of Rolling Stone, which hit newsstands Friday.

Miller, who starred in "Layer Cake," "Casanova" and the remake of "Alfie," told Rolling Stone, "Can you believe this is my life? Will you pity me when you're back in your funky New York apartment and I'm still in Pittsburgh? I need to get more glamorous films and stop with my indie year."

Her remarks touched a nerve here, where residents are fiercely loyal to their hometown. Miller's comments appeared in the city's two major daily newspapers and a television news anchor offered to take Miller around town to show her the sights.

"I think obviously we have a great town, and I disagree with her comments," Mayor Luke Ravenstahl said, adding she should see the town.

"I'm sure in her short experience here she hasn't had the opportunity to do that," he said. "If she would have, I think she would have found that Pittsburgh is a great place to live."

On Friday, Miller apologized in a statement issued by her publicist, saying she was referring to the fact that the production was shooting mostly at night and she had not had a chance to fully explore the city.

"What I have seen of it is beautiful. I came once before to visit The Andy Warhol Museum whilst researching a film and found both the city and its inhabitants warm and gracious," she said.

She said her father, who is from Meadville, about 85 miles north of Pittsburgh, planned to show her around the city this weekend.

Forbes magazine routinely lists Pittsburgh as one of the worst cities for singles. But Pittsburgh's residents do not take kindly to disparaging remarks about their town and often react angrily.

In 2003, the nationally syndicated cartoon "Get Fuzzy" lampooned Pittsburgh as a tourist destination; Bucky Katt asks a travel agent if she has "any packaged trips based primarily on smell" and she gives him information on Pittsburgh. The strip's creator, Darby Conley, said he received 300 to 400 e-mails, including death threats and hate mail.

Earlier this year, Pittsburghers didn't take kindly when Rocky Mountain News columnist Bill Johnson called the city "butt-ugly" in the run-up to the Super Bowl, which the Steelers won.

Skeleton FilmWorks

polkablues

The very fact that the residents of Pittsburgh fly off the handle so quickly when people talk shit about them just shows how true the shit must be.  It's just like Borat and Kazhakstan.  If Kazhakstan was really the idyllic tourist destination they're trying to claim it is, one little movie making fun of them wouldn't matter.  Not that Kazhakstanis all live with chickens and have sex with their sisters, but I'm still not going to be honeymooning there.

And she's talking about Pittsburgh, for god's sake!  The canker sore on the inner lip of America.  Getting pissed at someone for saying Pittsburgh is shitty is like getting pissed at someone for saying puppies are adorable.
My house, my rules, my coffee

MacGuffin

Wesley Snipes Accused of Tax Fraud

Actor Wesley Snipes was indicted Tuesday on eight counts of tax fraud, accused of trying to cheat the government out of nearly $12 million in false refund claims and not filing returns for six years.

Prosecutors said Snipes fraudulently claimed refunds totaling nearly $12 million in 1996 and 1997 on income taxes already paid. The star of the "Blade" trilogy and other films including "Jungle Fever" and "White Men Can't Jump" was also charged with failure to file returns from 1999 through 2004.

According to the indictment, Snipes had his taxes prepared by accountants with a history of filing false returns to reap payments for their clients. The firm American Rights Litigators would receive 20 percent of refunds from clients, according to the indictment.

"It's a conspiracy against the IRS, basically to harass the IRS, from doing its lawful job in term of collection of taxes," U.S. Attorney Paul I. Perez said at a news conference.

If convicted of all the charges, Snipes could face 16 years in prison five years each on two conspiracy counts and one year each on six counts of failure to file income tax returns.

Snipes, 44, who had a home in Windermere near Orlando, has not been arrested because authorities don't know where he is, Perez said. Snipes' manager and attorney did not return phone messages from The Associated Press.

"We've spoken to his former attorneys over the weekend," Perez said. "We presume that he knows, and of course after this press conference he will definitely know."

The indictment said Snipes conspired with American Rights Litigators' founder Eddie Ray Kahn and tax preparer Douglas P. Rosile Sr. to file false refund claims based on a bogus argument that only income from foreign sources was subject to taxation.

That included a claim for a $7.3 million refund for 1997, in which an amended tax return reported Snipes' adjusted income as zero.

The Justice Department sued Rosile in 2002 for allegedly filing bogus tax refund claims totaling more than $36 million on behalf of clients in 32 states. The suit is still pending.

Snipes was not named as a defendant in that case, but the lawsuit said the preparer's largest claim was an amended income tax return filed on behalf of the actor and dated April 14, 2001.

Rosile is in custody in Ocala, Perez said, and the third defendant named in the indictment, Kahn, is believed to be out of the country.

A call to an attorney who is representing Rosile in the 2002 lawsuit was not returned. It wasn't clear if he had any other legal representation. Federal court records indicate that he filed for bankruptcy on June 29.

Perez said the IRS considers the tax preparation business founded by Kahn as a "tax protest organization."

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Hollywood couple Witherspoon, Phillippe split

Oscar winner Reese Witherspoon and "Flags of Our Fathers" star Ryan Phillippe are separating after more than seven years of marriage, their representatives said on Monday.

"We are saddened to announce that Reese and Ryan have decided to formally separate," their publicists said in a joint statement. "They remain committed to their family and we ask that you please respect their privacy and the safety of their children at this time."

Witherspoon, 30, and Phillippe, 32, reportedly met at her 21st birthday party before working together on the 1999 film "Cruel Intentions." They married in June of that year and have two children, 7-year-old daughter Ava and 3-year-old son Deacon.

The publicists gave no additional details about the split but the celebrity Web site TMZ.com, which broke the story, reported that Witherspoon has contacted the divorce lawyer who represented Jennifer Aniston and Lisa Marie Presley.

TMZ quoted one unidentified source as saying the breakup was not triggered by any single event but rather by "cumulative" circumstances.

Witherspoon established herself as a major box-office draw as star of the 2001 comedy "Legally Blonde" and scored a follow-up hit with "Sweet Home Alabama."

She went on to win a best-actress Oscar earlier this year for her role as Johnny Cash's country-singing sweetheart June Carter in "Walk the Line."

Phillippe is currently starring in Clint Eastwood's latest film "Flags of Our Fathers" as Navy Corpsman John "Doc" Bradley, one of the U.S. servicemen who raised the Stars and Stripes on Iwo Jima's Mount Suribachi during World War Two.

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pozer

saw that one comin' a while ago.

grand theft sparrow

Yeah, like the day they got married.  They should get a prize for making it this far.

First the Oscar, then the divorce.

MacGuffin

Rapper tantrums over video award
From the Associated Press

Rap star Kanye West was named best hip-hop artist but still came off as a sore loser at the MTV Europe Music Awards.

West apparently was so disappointed at not winning for best video that he crashed the stage Thursday in Copenhagen when the award was being presented to Justice and Simian for "We Are Your Friends." 

In a tirade riddled with expletives, West said he should have won the prize for his video "Touch the Sky" because it "cost a million dollars, Pamela Anderson was in it. I was jumping across canyons."

"If I don't win, the awards show loses credibility," West said.

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pubrick

Quote from: christian on November 04, 2006, 02:17:51 PM
he's nothing compared to ol' dirty bastard who did it with style.
haha that's true, ol dirty did it for the children. let's all relive that .
under the paving stones.

Stefen

Why we talking about a preppy ass white dude and a bad ass rip nigga? They could't be further from the same. Ones hurricane katrina in real life and the others a shitty ass white tornado movie that Devon Sawa made. Let's not use them in the same site. Post about one on esquire.com and the other on  altrap.com, repectively (semi), please.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

MacGuffin

Faith Hill says CMA freakout was a joke

Faith Hill insists she's no Kanye West. The country music superstar says she was just joking when cameras showed her screaming "WHAT?" in apparent anger when she lost the female vocalist of the year award to newcomer Carrie Underwood at the Country Music Association Awards on Monday night in Nashville.

"The idea that I would act disrespectful towards a fellow musician is unimaginable to me," Hill said in a statement. "For this to become a focus of attention given the talent gathered is utterly ridiculous. Carrie is a talented and deserving Female Vocalist of The Year."

Media outlets and blogs zeroed in on Hill's reaction after Underwood's name was announced at the ceremony. While other nominees — Sara Evans, Gretchen Wilson, Martina McBride — gave the typical gracious loser smile, Hill, who was standing backstage, turned to the camera and shouted "WHAT?"

Although her voice could not be heard, it was clear from her lips what she said. She looked visibly upset and then it looked as if she was storming off. The incident has been replayed endlessly on sites like YouTube.com.

However, Hill said it was all a joke, and her manager, Gary Borman, echoed that: "I've worked with Faith for many years now and the idea that she would ever insult or undermine another artist, let alone another human being's success is absolutely preposterous. Those who know her know that she's incapable of such actions," he said in a statement.

"She was being playful while the nominations were being read and playful after."

Underwood also didn't take it seriously, according to her publicist, Jessie Schmidt, who said that Hill spoke to Underwood after the show and that the two were fine.

Underwood, the 2005 "American Idol" champ, has become a triple platinum success since releasing her debut album late last year. Hill is a longtime darling of country music with crossover pop appeal.

This is the second time in less than a week that an awards show loss has resulted in an (apparent) on-camera freakout by a loser. Last week, Kanye West stormed the stage at the MTV Europe Music Awards and interrupted the speech of the winners, claiming his video deserved the honor.

Skeleton FilmWorks