Ben Affleck

Started by tpfkabi, October 30, 2004, 09:29:24 AM

tpfkabi

i haven't seen many films with BA in them, i just came across this article and thought it was funny and interesting.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6308326/
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Just Withnail

Jesus Christ, I never thought I'd see the day...

ono

*coughtwoeffsinaffleckcough*

Though if I were him I may be sick of everyone else's bullshit, too.  I think his "Hollywood actor" response on SNL is all the more fitting now.

soixante

Ben is an OK guy in my book.  He hasn't cut his ties with the indie world, as he has sponsored Project Greenlight and still appears in low-budget indie films.  And as for his close buddy Matt Damon, it is hard to imagine another huge movie star appearing in something as uncommercial as Gerry.
Music is your best entertainment value.

tpfkabi

i didn't know he and Kevin Smith weren't getting along.
is this old news?

Regarding his participation in helping re-write and ad-lib on "Surviving Christmas," Affleck said, "My writing is sacred. Other people's is dull. No. If you had a Tom Stoppard script you would be wise not to try improvising much, you know, you just like speak the words as they are written precisely. But if you have a dog s--- script or even something that is decent but requires some fixing, then you just do that."
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

meatwad

he's def back on the sauce

Myxo

Affleck was the bomb in Phantoms..

On a related note, what's up with this?

Affleck directed a movie called "I Killed My Lesbian Wife, Hung Her on a Meat Hook, and Now I Have a Three-Picture Deal at Disney"? Hmm. This one deserves closer investigation.

ElPandaRoyal

Quote from: MyxomatosisAffleck was the bomb in Phantoms..

On a related note, what's up with this?

Affleck directed a movie called "I Killed My Lesbian Wife, Hung Her on a Meat Hook, and Now I Have a Three-Picture Deal at Disney"? Hmm. This one deserves closer investigation.

Wowwwwwww..... what the fuck??? Ben always seemed to have a great sense of humour, and judging by the title, that can be hilarious.
Si

modage

2 months from release to dvd.  i believe this breaks the record held by From Justin To Kelly....

DreamWorks has officially announced comedy Surviving Christmas which stars Ben Affleck, Christina Applegate and James Gandolfini. This film will be available to own from the 21st December this year, and should retail at around $29.99.

:shock:  :shock:  :shock:
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

El Duderino

hahahahahahaha.....how sad
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

MacGuffin

Affleck Seeks JUSTICE
Oscar winner Adrien Brody is already attached to star in the story chronicling the death of TV's Superman.
Source: FilmStew.com

Ben Affleck has signed on and Diane Lane is in negotiations to star in Truth, Justice and the American Way for Focus Features and helmer Allen Coulter. The project is scheduled to begin shooting during the summer with Glenn Williamson producing under his Back Lot Pictures banner, which has a first-look deal with Focus.

Paul Bernbaum penned the original draft of the script, which was rewritten by Howard Korder. Affleck stars as George Reeves, who was shot to super-stardom playing Superman on the small screen. Reeves met a tragic and sudden death in 1959, however. Truth will focus on an LA investigator (Adrien Brody) trying to solve the mystery of the death. Lane will star as Toni Mannix, the wife of a studio head who had been linked romantically to Reeves.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

peaceisourprofession

who do you think benefitted more, carreer wise, from the kevin smith-ben affleck relationship?
"I choose the poverty of our poor people. But I am grateful to receive (the Nobel) in the name of the hungry, the naked, the homeless, of the crippled, of the blind, of the lepers, of all those people who feel unwanted, unloved, uncared-for throughout society, people that have become a burden to the society and are shunned by everyone." - Mother Theresa
excerpt from her nobel prize acceptance speech

Stefen

Quote from: peaceisourprofessionwho do you think benefitted more, carreer wise, from the kevin smith-ben affleck relationship?

Russell Crowe.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

MacGuffin

Affleck in Die Hard 4?
May star opposite Bruce Willis.
Source: IGN.FILMFORCE

John McClaine may have a sidekick in Die Hard 4. According to Massachusetts newspaper The Shirley Oracle (via Dark Horizons), Ben Affleck could star alongside aging action hero Bruce Willis in the forthcoming flick.

Willis and Affleck have become good friends since appearing together in 1998's Armageddon. They had hoped to work together on Tears of the Sun, but that fell through and the plan to collaborate again was shelved, until recently, when Willis suggested Affleck for the next Die Hard movie.

Affleck would reportedly play John McClaine's adult son who is also a cop.

Little else is known about the film's storyline.  Willis recently told Empire magazine, "The script will be done by summer and they want to shoot it in the fall.  McClane's retired, he's not a cop anymore. It's completely different from the other three films."

There are rumors that Willis' character my be killed-off in the next film. These are unsubstantiated, but it's entirely possible. Maybe the franchise would then be handed off to Affleck? The Gigli star may be in need of a new franchise since rumor has it that Paramount may drop him from future Jack Ryan films.

Assuming the Die Hard 4 goes ahead, it'll probably arrive in theaters in Summer 2006.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

pete

I thought ben affleck hates action movies?
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton