Joaquin Phoenix

Started by Finn, October 07, 2004, 05:35:55 PM

private witt

I know you think everybody loves to hurl insults back and forth, but this was not intended as an insult to you.
"If you work in marketing or advertising, kill yourself.  You contribute nothing of value to the human race, just do us all a favor and end your fucking life."  ~Bill Hicks

picolas

i dare you to admit you're wrong once.

private witt

Quote from: picolas on February 13, 2009, 02:29:54 AM

You can go back through my posts and find many times when I've admitted mistakes or overstatements.  That's a whole point of a forum, right?  To voice your opinion and to listen to others in the hopes of possibly seeing something you missed and looking at an existing work of film in a new way, seems pretty fun really.
"If you work in marketing or advertising, kill yourself.  You contribute nothing of value to the human race, just do us all a favor and end your fucking life."  ~Bill Hicks

Pozer

if a douchebag comes aboard and does nothing but ruin threads & piss numerous ppl off, isn't it time to ban said douchebag? pete said it best in.. i can't remember which of his derailed threads, god he's such a ruiner.  private witt is the doucheiest of them all and proved that right off the bat. his posts suck, his pictures suck and he's making this place suck.

time to bring out the xixaxe.

picolas

Quote from: private witt on February 13, 2009, 02:50:51 AM
Quote from: picolas on February 13, 2009, 02:29:54 AM

You can go back through my posts and find many times when I've admitted mistakes or overstatements.
i don't have the time. pretty sure you've sidestepped or avoided it every single time though. like you just did.

Sleepless

It's time to keep your witt private.
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

private witt

Quote from: Pozer on February 13, 2009, 11:27:19 AM
if a douchebag comes aboard and does nothing but ruin threads & piss numerous ppl off, isn't it time to ban said douchebag?

Is there anything you've ever added to a conversation other than insults and anger?  It's just a film forum, pally.  No reason for the flame war.  Really, if I was here to try to upset people I would be crapping all over the top three or four threads on everybody's favorite TV shows.

RegularKarate

Quote from: private witt on February 12, 2009, 06:23:50 PM
Anger from another thread?  I'm not sure to what you're referring, I was making a reference to the comedians he cited.

A reference how?  Because they're comedians and you said "stand up comedy"?

Quote from: private witt on February 12, 2009, 06:23:50 PMAnd after watching Wakeen and Letterman I'm pretty sure this was staged favor for his publicity agent.  He jut doubled the amount people who will go see....whatever film he was supposed to plug.

This has already been addressed... the filmmakers don't see this as good publicity... he's doing it as part of a mockumentary that the good Affleck is shooting.

and let's drop the ban talk, guys... just because you don't like him isn't a reason for us to ban him... we're kind-of making him derail threads here.

Pozer

making him? he's all yours then. enjoy.

OrHowILearnedTo

Quote from: RegularKarate on February 13, 2009, 01:16:28 PM
This has already been addressed... the filmmakers don't see this as good publicity... he's doing it as part of a mockumentary that the good Affleck is shooting.

http://www.cinematical.com/2009/01/28/have-we-been-punkd-by-joaquin-phoenix-and-casey-affleck/

private witt

the filmmakers don't see this as good publicity...

I would certainly not want my actors being a laughing stock on the press junket. 

private witt

Quote from: OrHowILearnedTo on February 13, 2009, 02:02:22 PM
http://www.cinematical.com/2009/01/28/have-we-been-punkd-by-joaquin-phoenix-and-casey-affleck/

We all knew John Malkovich was really a puppeteer.  I'm just glad Casey Afflleck was behind this and not his brother.

clerkguy23

Quote from: pete on February 12, 2009, 12:18:55 PM
Quote from: polkablues on February 11, 2009, 11:36:06 PM
My girlfriend has a thing for Joaquin Phoenix.  I don't think she's seen him recently:

it's like zach galifinakus and brian posehn had a baby.

not to stir up any more trouble, but i saw zach last night at the benson interruption (ucb) and one of his lines was, "hey joaquin phoenix... zach galifianakis called. he wants his zach galifianakis back."

thought that was pretty funny

Stefen

I actually JUST heard Zach Galifianakis for the first time last night. I thought he was just going to be one of those shitty ass Comedy Central comics ala Carlos Mencia but his shit was funny as fuck.

Why didn't anyone tell me?
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

RegularKarate

Quote from: Stefen on February 19, 2009, 03:05:52 PM
Why didn't anyone tell me?

Where you been?

Watch between two ferns

also, dig up that comedy thread... I'm always up for talking cromidy