Bill Murray

Started by Chest Rockwell, February 21, 2004, 09:12:30 PM

El Duderino

just take a piece of paper and a sharpie
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

Quote from: Chest RockwellSo Bill is making an appearance here tonight. Should I bring something to sign, in case he does do some signings? Does that come off as too fanboy? And what do most people bring to signings? I was thinking my copy of LIT or Groundhog Day or something. Anyway, any help would be appreciated.

Ask him if he had an unsanitary encounter with Scarlett
context, context, context.

ElPandaRoyal

Quote from: cronopio
Quote from: Chest RockwellSo Bill is making an appearance here tonight. Should I bring something to sign, in case he does do some signings? Does that come off as too fanboy? And what do most people bring to signings? I was thinking my copy of LIT or Groundhog Day or something. Anyway, any help would be appreciated.

He did. I bet he did...  :evil:
Si

coffeebeetle

Quote from: cronopio

In an elevator...with Benny del Toro too... :?
more than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. one path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. the other, to total extinction. let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.
woody allen (side effects - 1980)

ElPandaRoyal

Quote from: coffeebeetlewith Benny del Toro too... :?

Do you think Bill would be up for it?
Si

Chest Rockwell

This is getting silly. Thanks for your help, jerk-offs.  :hammer:

coffeebeetle

I apologize, Chest.  I say go for it....[/i]
more than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. one path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. the other, to total extinction. let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.
woody allen (side effects - 1980)

MacGuffin

Bill Murray to Get Lost Again
Source: Production Weekly

Lost in Translation star Bill Murray has joined the cast of Andy Garcia's The Lost City, a Cuban love story that also stars Dustin Hoffman, Tomas Millian and Ines Sastre. Hoffman will portray gangster Meyer Lansky while Murray takes the role as The Writer.

The film, written by G. Cabrera Infante, is set in Havana, Cuba, during the 50's when a club owner is caught in the turbulent transition from the oppressive regime of Batista to the Marxist government of Fidel Castro. Castro's regime ultimately leads the club owner to flee to New York.

Garcia is set to start shooting later this month in the Dominican Republic, says Production Weekly, with filming also scheduled for Miami and New York.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Chest Rockwell

The Perineum Falcon

from TheMovieBlog.com:

Bill Murray Gets Told Off

I'll say this right off the top: I LOVE Bill Murray. I can't think of a project he's done off the top of my head that I haven't loved him in.

Now, having said that, I have heard rumours now and then over the last couple of years that Bill is something of a jerk in real life. I remember all the reports of his ranting after failing to win an Oscar at the awards show last year. Now, the New York Post is reporting a REALLY awkward situation that just slapped Murray in the face at a press conference to promote his new film The Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou:

At a Q&A session with director Wes Anderson, Anjelica Huston, Willem Dafoe and some of the rest of the cast at the Hollywood event, one man announced, "I am a cameraman, and I've worked with all the actors onstage. Anjelica, you're wonderful. Willem — you're great. But, Bill — you are a bastard. You are horrible to work with. My question is for Wes and the cast. What's it like to work with someone as awful and difficult as Bill Murray?" After a stunned silence, Huston muttered, "Bill isn't a bastard." Anderson demanded, "Why are you in a position to make such a statement?" Murray didn't react at all. "I was a cameraman on 'Charlie's Angels,' and Bill Murray is awful,"

Ouch! Now that's a little embarrassing. Before any of us take sides here, lets keep in mind that you don't know Bill Murray... neither do I. For all we know he could be the kindest most awesome guy in the world... or for all we know he could kick kittens and hide Osama Bin Ladin in his attic... the point is we just don't know. But if these stories about Murray (and I emphasize the word "IF") then it'll effect how much I'm able to enjoy seeing him on the big screen. It's hard to laugh at a jerk that you don't like. Therefore... I really hope these kinds of stories are all a bunch of crap. Have you heard of any more of these "Bill Murray is a jerk" rumours?
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

RegularKarate

I've heard that he was a jerk on Charlies Angels... I was in film-school while it was being filmed and the casting director for that film did a guest lecture and he mentioned the Murray hated the experience and left the shoot in the middle of production and they had to edit around his absence.

Maybe he just hated the Angels.

UncleJoey

Quote from: RegularKarateMaybe he just hated the Angels.

I have a feeling nobody around here is going to blame him for that. If that story is true, he should have acted more professional, but it's not going to affect how I view his work at all.
Well, I've got news for you pal, you ain't leadin' but two things: Jack and shit . . . and Jack just left town.

MacGuffin

Bill Murray Scoffs at 'Difficult' Label

Bill Murray gets defensive when told he has a reputation for being difficult. "If it keeps obnoxious people away, that's fine," he tells Time magazine in its editions on sale Monday. "It makes me think of that line you catch more flies with honey than vinegar. People say this to you with a straight face, and I always say, 'Who. Wants. Flies?'"

Murray, the star of "The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou," grew up in a blue-collar family and suggested his outbursts are generally spurred by an empathy for the underdog.

Recently on the set of his still-untitled film for director Jim Jarmusch, Murray got into a fracas with the location manager when he arrived at a rented house for a scene with child actors and discovered that there was no heat. When he started a fire in the fireplace, the location manager told him to stop.

"'Who are you?'" Murray told her. "She said, 'I'm locations.' I said, 'Well, if locations had done their job and made sure it was warm enough for these people, we wouldn't be lighting a fire in the fireplace.'"

But at the wrap party, Murray approached the woman again. "I said, 'You know, we had our moment, and I don't apologize for that for a second.'" But she had excelled at other aspects of her job, and Murray told her so. "I wanted to let her know I could see it both ways."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

ddbright

Perhaps he'll have a shot at Best Actor in his newest film "Broken Flowers" that's getting rave reviews...

72teeth

Encore is going to do an 'In the Spotlight' marathon on Murray sometime soon

Kinpin
The Man who Knew Too Little
Lost in Translation
Rushmore
Quick Change
and
Groundhog Day

Now when they usually do this for whatever actor, there are usually 2 maybe 3 gems, but you look at Murray's list, every fuckin one of those performances is prime fuckin rib! Murray's the man :bravo:
Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza