Scarlett Johansson

Started by ono, January 13, 2004, 11:16:22 PM

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: themodernage02
Quote from: NEON MERCURY....damn....walhlberg..and hartnett.... :roll: ...why's she slumming it???
DEPALMA

...do you mean  either:

1.) "...she' s slumming it b/c look who's directing, DEPALMA who's track record has been shady at least...."

2.)  "....she's slumming it w/ wahlberg and hartnett in order to work with one of cinemas greatest directors......DEPALMA."

3.)  DEPALMA(adj, verb, noun)-the catharsis of the lowest form of art[/i]

NEON MERCURY

l
l......................................\/
l.......................................l.....<--------scarlett
l....................................../l\
l......................................O
l
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

--------->"the waters of mediocracy" AKA.the perfect score, the black dahlia.......edited for ghostboy........:wink:

Alethia

i'd have to go with number 2 there neon

SoNowThen

Wahlberg: Boogie Nights, Three Kings

Hartnett: The Virgin Suicides, Blackhawk Down

DePalma: Scarface, The Untouchables, Carlito's Way

What's the problem? Surely she's not too good to "slum" in that category...
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: SoNowThenWahlberg: Boogie Nights, Three Kings

....mark was there just to serve the story in both those films.....when you think about ...its the direction and writing of those films that made those films so highly regarded..not wahlberg's acting......

Quote from: SoNowThenHartnett: The Virgin Suicides, Blackhawk Down

..see above....

Quote from: SoNowThenDePalma: Scarface, The Untouchables, Carlito's Way

..i will give credit for those......but ....lately.......?????

molly

why don't we all sit quietly and wait for the aforementioned movie sees the daylight?

modage

Quote from: NEON MERCURYmark was there just to serve the story in both those films.
haha, who are you the Neon Trumpet?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

SoNowThen

Quote from: NEON MERCURY
Quote from: SoNowThenWahlberg: Boogie Nights, Three Kings

....mark was there just to serve the story in both those films.....when you think about ..

That's what actors do, they serve the film. You gotta give him more credit than that, he did a terrific job in Boogie, holding his own with John C and then some.
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

Chest Rockwell

I bet DePalma will use her well. DePalma is still making good pictures, if you just minus the storyline on some of them. He has a great way of 'painting' with film. Snake Eyes was the best example of this, IMO. I'm perfectly fine with the looks of this film.

Henry Hill

Hartnett and Wahlberg?  :?  As of right now I am never seeing this film.

SHAFTR

Quote from: Chest RockwellI bet DePalma will use her well. DePalma is still making good pictures, if you just minus the storyline on some of them. He has a great way of 'painting' with film. Snake Eyes was the best example of this, IMO. I'm perfectly fine with the looks of this film.

DePalma makes perfect trash.  I say that lovingly.  I put him in the Verhoeven category.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

Pas

Scarlett Johansson, James Elroy and Brian DePalma, why isn't anyone more thrilled over this ?!?!

Fuck, it should be awesome.

Pubrick

Quote from: Pas RapportScarlett Johansson, James Elroy and Brian DePalma, why isn't anyone more thrilled over this ?!?!
because they are pre-pubescent, illiterate, high-brow film "fans".
under the paving stones.

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: Pas RapportScarlett Johansson, James Elroy and Brian DePalma, MARKY MARK & TEEN IDOL JOSH HARTNETT why isn't anyone more thrilled over this ?!?!

....b/c we know if scarlett doesnn't pick wise choices ...she could ennd up with the likes of erika christiansen........sorry xixaxians but just b/c she's the hot new thing around here doesnnn't mean she has the midas touch.......its called being realistic.......

Pubrick

Quote from: NEON MERCURY....b/c we know if scarlett doesnn't pick wise choices ...she could ennd up with the likes of erika christiansen........sorry xixaxians but just b/c she's the hot new thing around here doesnnn't mean she has the midas touch.......its called being realistic.......
she's been hot for about 3 years, so i wouldn't call it new. maybe for sum ppl here it took this long to notice. u know, cos three years ago they didn't hav chest hair.

erika christensen should be doing all of julia stiles' roles.
under the paving stones.