Scarlett Johansson

Started by ono, January 13, 2004, 11:16:22 PM

NEON MERCURY

.sloyj......u sew cra-z...........

wherever that article came from.....the publishers better hop it didn't come out of seventeen or teren people b/c they just lost all of thier fanbase.....since scarlett says there whack....

Chest Rockwell

Quote from: Sloyj
Quote from: Chest Rockwell
Quote from: Pas RapportSorry Chest,

Johansson: Men My Age Are Immature

BAFTA winner Scarlett Johansson has discovered another downside of feeling older than her 19 years - men her own age are too immature to date. The self-confessed "woman trapped in a young body" - who has wowed Hollywood with her performance in Oscar-nominated Lost In Translation as a young wife falling in love with an older man - is frustrated with meeting men her own age, because she always has to make the first move. She says, "They never really come good until their thirties. In the two relationships I have been in so far, I'm always the one to initiate a kiss. I don't mean that I don't get kissed back but most of the time a large chunk of it is me going in for the kiss. It's weird." And Johansson admits she always reaches a stage in a relationship when she needs to be alone again, no matter how much she's enjoying the romance. She adds, "Being in a relationship is great because you compromise and make decisions together. But after doing that for so long I needed to be alone. I like to make my own choices."

Well y'know what? I'll show her!

show her ur dik lolololo
:twisted:

Chest Rockwell

Interview with Scarlett Johannson

We caught up with the latest bright young thing in cinema - Scarlett Johannson - to chat about her year, growing fame and acting opposite Bill Murray in the new box-office hit Lost In Translation.

Scarlett, it's shaping up to be quite a year for you, what with Lost in Translation and all the acclaim it's already received on both sides of the Atlantic and what we are referring to as your Dutch Jewellery Movie (Girl With A Pearl Earring). What was it about this film in particular that struck a chord with you?

Scarlett Johansson (SJ): Well, Sofia Coppola (the director. Ed.) and I met in a restaurant - I heard she had a hankering for a meeting and I couldn't say no.

So we met in a restaurant in New York and she basically explained to me that she had this idea that was shaping up with some clarity and that it was definitely going to be with Bill Murray and if it wasn't Bill Murray then she wasn't going to do it.

She said it would also take place in Tokyo and these seemed like two very appealing things, Tokyo and Bill Murray, so I said send me the script when you've finished it and sure enough, not that much later a little mini-script came and I knew right after I finished reading it that it was a project I wanted to be a part of - it was such a beautiful, beautiful script.

I had nothing to say about it really, everything was there. It was 75 pages, it was short, and a lot of it was visual, I mean the dialogue between Bill and I is pretty much he'll have one line and I'll have one line, like a ping-pong and it just read so well, like a really great novel and when I finished it I was happy and I was sad and I just knew, I knew I could play the part.

Was it a case of art imitating life? What did you like most and least about Tokyo?

SJ: Well I guess I had Bob Harris' (character Murray plays) experience. I was really tired the whole time I was there and we were shooting a week of days, then a week of nights, then a week of days and I felt very discombobulated while I was there.

I was also staying at the Park Hyatt hotel while we were filming there, so it was a very surreal reality, going downstairs in my pyjamas for rehearsal and so on.

It felt like fun for me and the days that I had off, which was just one day a week unfortunately, I just tried to do what everybody else was doing - I'd go shopping and eat out and try to walk around but I couldn't even do anything that touristy because I was so involved in what we were doing.

Were you intimidated by the language barrier at all?

SJ: Yeah, for whatever reason, nobody really spoke English very well in the hotel. There was a Swedish hotel manager, I guess he spoke pretty well. Oh and there were a couple of people there that knew how to say "No"...

The karaoke scene is the most amusing scene in the film. I was wondering how spontaneous the choice of music was and whether it was improvised or was it heavily scripted?

SJ: Well for a start, Sofia wanted those particular songs and I think Ross got the copyright two days before so I had to learn all the words to Brass In Pocket, even though the translation on the screen is really bizarre, some of it's just not at all the real words, it's like funny, broken translation. But other than the songs it was pretty much improvised.

Do you have a favourite scene in the film?

SJ: I like the whole sequence with Bill and me in his bedroom. It starts off with us watching TV trivia and then pans over to the window and ends up with us lying on the bed and falling asleep.

It's so telling, it's really the one time when our characters are really honest, you know there are the jokes about his mid-life crisis, 'Have you bought your Porsche yet?' and so on, and I have that self-help tape but it's the one moment where we're trying to figure out exactly what it is that's missing and not just that but Bill really is so evasive.

With my character I'll say things like 'I really like you' and 'I'll miss you' and he's just like 'Okay' and it's sort of the one moment where he really makes an effort to connect and I think it's really touching.

Have you ever been in any commercials, before you became a well-known movie star?

SJ: No, I'm terrible at selling things - I can only sell myself. I have a really eerie natural delivery where it sounds almost forceful or really fake and I haven't really found a happy medium, so no.

I used to audition when I was younger, I'd go on cattle calls but they didn't know if they wanted me or a young Chinese boy and it was very overwhelming.

And I used to get really frustrated because they would always ask if I had a sore throat so my Mum just said 'Well, then we won't go out on these commercials anymore because you don't like them' so I just stopped.

You're on the verge of becoming a sex symbol - how do you feel about that? Do you get people chatting you up a lot more?

SJ: A sex symbol? My God. Yeah, I get sexy young man and women coming up to me...

You should stress that you're joking, or it'll be in the papers...

SJ: Yeah, I guess that it's appropriate timing - I'll be 19 in a couple of weeks. I'm legal now! So it seems quite appropriate, becoming a young woman and I'm comfortable with my own sexuality and all that sort of thing. So it's nice, you know, it means I can borrow lots of designer dresses and that sort of thing. There are lots of perks and so on.

Are you old enough to go to a bar in the States?

SJ: Well, no but you have to kind of go in the back door...

MacGuffin

Fashion World Notices Scarlett Johansson

NEW YORK - Scarlett Johansson, who gained critical notice for her films "Lost in Translation" and "Girl With a Pearl Earring," is now being noticed by the fashion world.

The 19-year-old actress will be the face of a new Calvin Klein fragrance that will hit the market in the fall. Shooting on the print and television ads will begin next month. (She also was featured in Cynthia Rowley's spring fashion show in September.)

"Scarlett is a talented young force that exudes a sophistication and confidence that is not readily seen today and, she balances it with a relaxed attitude and a sense of humor," Kim Vernon, senior vice president of global communications and advertising for Calvin Klein Inc., said in a statement Tuesday.

Commented Johansson: "Just when I thought things couldn't get better, something like this happens. Being associated with Calvin Klein is a real thrill."

It's the first starring role in a major ad campaign for Johansson, the company said. She joins a roster of performers who have appeared in Calvin Klein ads, including Brooke Shields, Mark Wahlberg, Moby, Macy Gray and Ashton Kutcher.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Raikus

Quote from: MacGuffinShe joins a roster of performers who have appeared in Calvin Klein ads, including Brooke Shields, Mark Wahlberg, Moby, Macy Gray and Ashton Kutcher.
Looking over those names I hope there's no type of curse associated with being a CK spokesperson. Almost all of the former people have fallen out of grace with the public.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

ono

That should be the least of her concerns, really.  She has real talent, but from this, she seems to have become the next "it" girl.  She has a good head on her shoulders from what I can see of her interviews, and she's said as much as she doesn't want to sell out.  And while making a paycheck is nice, here's hoping she can just keep choosing good projects.  Even Julianne Moore has done -- what was it? -- Revlon commercials, right?

molly

How about you make SJ a separate forum?

Pas

Quote from: mollyHow about you make SJ a separate forum?

Are you even paying attention ?! God...

Quote from: Pas RapportThis thread is even more fanboyish than PTA's forum, cool.

We should make a Scarlett Johannson forum

molly

then, how about a petition? 8)

Pas

Quote from: mollythen, how about a petition? 8)

ARE YOU DOING THIS ON PURPOSE ?!

We should make a Scarlett Johannson petition, whatever that is

molly

Quote from: Pas Rapport

no!
(i'm sorry for going on your (thin) nerves)

Pas

Quote from: molly
no!
(i'm sorry for going on your (thin) nerves)

You better be

Chest Rockwell

Quote from: Pas Rapport

Now I didn't say that.... :P

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: Raikus
Quote from: MacGuffinShe joins a roster of performers who have appeared in Calvin Klein ads, including Brooke Shields, Mark Wahlberg, Moby, Macy Gray and Ashton Kutcher.
Looking over those names I hope there's no type of curse associated with being a CK spokesperson. Almost all of the former people have fallen out of grace with the public.

ha!....looks like i am  right.......sorry scarlett fans but......
.....her career is .fading.

Chest Rockwell

Quote from: NEON MERCURY
Quote from: Raikus

ha!....looks like i am  right.......sorry scarlett fans but......
.....her career is .fading.

Well ya know what, Neon, you're wrong.