Scarlett Johansson

Started by ono, January 13, 2004, 11:16:22 PM

Chest Rockwell

It's funny because Mogwai is going to tell you to use the edit button right after telling the same thing to me. But in any case:

Quote from: RayHave you seen her on the cover of Movie Maker? Her boobs are quite nice, bigger than I had previously thought. And I'm not really into big boobs.
Please try to keep such comments out of this thread. Scarlett Johannson isn't great because of her boobs, however nice they may be, or even by her looks in general. She's great because of her ability to act, and the fact she's only 19, which means she can only become better over time. She does also happen to be one of the most beautiful actresses working today, in my opinion. We should try to make this thread as though one day Scarlett may read it, and I think she'd be ashamed that we seem to only pay attention to her looks.

Quote from: Pforsooth, mine eyes doth roam of their own accord
P! Of all people I thought you would have backed me up in this. But yea, she's definitely stunning in these photos. Sofia and Anna look nice, as well.

molly

xixax - boobie talk for the boobiephiles :multi:

Chest Rockwell

Quote from: mollyxixax - boobie talk for the boobiephiles :multi:

You must be one hip chick, molly.

ono

Tolerant is more like it.  I often find myself thinking, "Man, wouldn't it be cool if more girls posted here?"  And then I look at, oh, about half the posts here and realize why that isn't the case.

modage

girls though in general, correct me if i'm wrong, are just less interested in movies though as a whole.  so theres less fanaticism/obsessiveness etc.  like how many girls do you know in 'real life' that are as into this stuff as you?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

molly

Quote from: OnomatopoeiaTolerant is more like it.  I often find myself thinking, "Man, wouldn't it be cool if more girls posted here?"  And then I look at, oh, about half the posts here and realize why that isn't the case.

you can't do anything against nature

ono

I know ... seven off the top of my head; that's about the same as how many guys I know.  One works at the local arthouse and is going to Prague this summer and will be taking a Czech film class.  One loves Italian film, raved to me about Cinema Paradiso.  One is head of our campus's film committee.  There are so many girls I know that do, here it's almost a 50/50 balance, though guys are usually more passionate about it, so you're right there.  I doubt many of them would post on message boards about it and such, but you never know.  Maybe I'm just lucky to know all these girls, though some of them I haven't spoken to in a while, and I'm an idiot for that.  :-D

So much for not getting off on tangents.
Quote from: mollyyou can't do anything against nature
Maybe so, but the Internet sure tends to bring out the pig in the man, so to speak.

You Never Got Me Down Ray

Quote from: Chest RockwellPlease try to keep such comments out of this thread.

Are you serious?
My life has taken another turn again. The days move along with regularity, over and over. One day indistinguishable from the next. A long, continuous chain. Then suddenly, there is change.

Chest Rockwell

Quote from: themodernage02girls though in general, correct me if i'm wrong, are just less interested in movies though as a whole.  so theres less fanaticism/obsessiveness etc.  like how many girls do you know in 'real life' that are as into this stuff as you?

None, really. I know one who's interested in it, but not nearly as much as me. That's why there's only one American woman to be nominated for Best Director, and three women ever.

Quote from: RayAre you serious?
No, you can do whatever you want to the thread. My little spiel about her acting was serious, however. I just have this awful feeling like we're desecrating all over Scarlett Johannson.

molly

Quote from: themodernage02girls though in general, correct me if i'm wrong, are just less interested in movies though as a whole.  so theres less fanaticism/obsessiveness etc.  like how many girls do you know in 'real life' that are as into this stuff as you?

girls abandon their ambitions, because they are taught that they have to take care of the family, or they have to keep their mouth shut and look cute. They are said, often literally, that nobody, especially men, like opinionated girls. Having opinion is sometimes equal to be stuborn, disobedient, bad...

Really, come on. Of course I respect the girl (and all girls.women), but you can't deny her beauty, and other "things."
If Molly isn't offended by it, why should you be? But if so, I will gladly delete it.

Hi Molly! :P
My life has taken another turn again. The days move along with regularity, over and over. One day indistinguishable from the next. A long, continuous chain. Then suddenly, there is change.

ono

Quote from: mollygirls abandon their ambitions, because they are taught that they have to take care of the family, or they have to keep their mouth shut and look cute. They are said, often literally, that nobody, especially men, like opinionated girls. Having opinion is sometimes equal to be stuborn, disobedient, bad...
I love opinionated girls myself.  Every girl I've been involved with has been that way.  Well, except for one, who was more quiet.  Unopinionated girls are boring, really.  Shame, though, but I guess I'm lucky going to such a liberal, outspoken university (if you could call that luck - hehe).

And I'm not offended by that, and I doubt molly is either.  We don't really have to walk on eggshells around here, but we should remember that thread from awhile back that Mac posted about respect and all.

Chest Rockwell

Quote from: molly

girls abandon their ambitions, because they are taught that they have to take care of the family, or they have to keep their mouth shut and look cute. They are said, often literally, that nobody, especially men, like opinionated girls. Having opinion is sometimes equal to be stuborn, disobedient, bad...

And molly's feminist aspirations are revealed!

Quote from: RayReally, come on. Of course I respect the girl (and all girls.women), but you can't deny her beauty, and other "things."
If Molly isn't offended by it, why should you be? But if so, I will gladly delete it.
I'm not offended in any way. I've looked at Scarlett's boobs just as much as the next guy, but I just feel so dirty when I do. I don't mind staring at the bodies of actresses like Carmen Electra, etc., because that's all they're there for, but with Scarlett I feel sick when I think about her like that. She serves a higher purpose in her movies than just a babe. I'm sorry, it's hard to explain.

molly

no, i'm not offended. I'm not married to either of you guys.

Quote from: Onomatopoeiabut we should remember that thread from awhile back that Mac posted about respect and all.

Well since I'm fairly new here, and haven't really posted much until recently, I musta missed that one. Could you so kindly redirect me?