SANDLER: The definitive thread

Started by oakmanc234, October 25, 2003, 01:21:57 AM

Stefen

I'm not a big Sandler fan. But I love the dude he uses in all his movies Allen Covert.  I was watching freaks and geeks last night and he was in an episode of it. He looks different in everything he does. He's like the funny Oldman. I love this guy. He makes me laugh so hard, and is really the only reason I check out Sandler flicks. i didn't think he needed his own thread though.

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

El Duderino

Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

El Duderino

Sandler's 'Yard' Remake Lured to New Mexico
Souce: Reuters

Adam Sandler's remake of "The Longest Yard" will shoot in New Mexico in part to take advantage of tax rebates and location incentives offered by the state, officials said Wednesday.

"This film was won and lost several times during fierce competition with Hawaii and Illinois," New Mexico economic development secretary Rick Homans said.

The Paramount Pictures project, also expected to star Chris Rock and Burt Reynolds, will benefit from a 15% rebate on production-related taxes as well as a waiver of location fees on state property. The filmmakers plan to spend about eight weeks in preproduction at Old Main, the old state penitentiary in Santa Fe, and another four to five weeks filming there.

In an effort to attract more production, New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson went to Los Angeles last fall to urge Paramount chairman Sherry Lansing and others to consider the advantages of that state's film industry. "The Longest Yard" represents the 14th feature to be shot in New Mexico since Richardson took office in January 2003. Other recent features shot entirely or in part in New Mexico include "The Missing" and "21 Grams."

"Our efforts to increase film and television production in New Mexico and make the state a major media center continue to pay off," Richardson said. "Once again, our incentives, our qualified work force and the beauty and culture of New Mexico have beat out formidable competition."
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

hedwig

Is Adam Sandler a Republican (And "fuckin DeLuca")?

REVERSE BLACKLISTING

James Hirsen, NewsMax.com (yeah, I know, I know)
Monday, Aug. 23, 2004

I've got a whole chapter on it in my book "Tales from the Left Coast." It's the concept that those in Tinseltown with conservative leanings are hesitant to express their ideas publicly because, if they do, it can be detrimental to their careers.

Now if you go out looking for a blacklist dispatch, chances are you're not going to find one. And it's unlikely that we'll be seeing SAG hearings held on the subject any time soon. But I know from my research and firsthand experience, and the tons of personal communication I've had with those who have suffered, are afraid they may suffer, or who have suffered mistakenly, that reverse blacklisting is very real and potentially devastating.

That industry folks would contact me over the years with the proviso that I keep their names private is understandable, given the way Republicans, libertarians, patriots and people of traditional faith are treated by the Hollywood establishment. The discovery that a person has such tendencies can quickly land him or her on the Tinseltown rebuff list. There are, of course, several members of the Hollywood community who are outspoken about their beliefs and quite frankly don't give a rip, but they're usually the ones who have already achieved the level of success that affords them the luxury of thumbing their noses.

It just so happens that, in its September issue, Details magazine is outing Hollywood GOP sympathizers. The magazine claims that, in order to address the celebrity deficit that the GOP currently has, the Republican National Committee has unveiled a list of stars who veer toward the Republican side of the aisle.

Some of the names, like Jessica Simpson and Shannen Doherty, are already known. But others are more unexpected, like Adam Sandler and Freddie Prinze Jr., although Prinze's wife Sarah Michelle Gellar has been known to lean right in the past.

In a related article, Sony producer Mike DeLuca has stepped up and acknowledged his Republican affiliation, describing the reaction in Hollywood as the equivalent of being "exposed as a serial killer." DeLuca pointed out some lefty hypocrisy, saying, "They scream about the environment before they hop onto their private jets and blow 8,000 pounds of fuel getting to the Hamptons."

One of the celebs named in the Details article has responded to the outing incident via her publicist and has done so in an entertaining and quasi-historical manner. The star is Mandy Moore, and the New York Post has reported the response as, "Mandy is not, nor has she ever been, a Republican."

I'm half expecting to wake up tomorrow morning to a news flash that has Mandy asking the prying reporters of Details magazine this question: "Have you no decency?"

---------------------------------

I hope not. I can USUALLY separate "Tha Man from His Art" but, Jeez. I mean, you know, look: I love Vincent Gallo and he's a Republican. But for some reason, Sandler would look like a stupid asshole to me if this turns out to be true.

Pubrick

Quote from: HedwigBut for some reason, Sandler would look like a stupid asshole to me if this turns out to be true.
interesting.

when u think about it.. he's rich as fuck, so he's prolly just being honest.
under the paving stones.

Gamblour.

Quote from: Hedwigstupid asshole
Wow, judging someone based on a some arbitrarily created party affiliation. How simple.
WWPTAD?

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

MacGuffin

Beckinsale, Hasselhoff 'Click' for Col

Kate Beckinsale and David Hasselhoff have signed on to the upcoming Columbia/Revolution Studios film "Click."

They join Adam Sandler and Christopher Walken in the romantic comedy, to be directed by Frank Coraci.

The story centers on a workaholic architect who discovers a remote control that allows him to fast forward and rewind to different parts of his life. Hasselhoff will play Sandler's boss in the movie, and Beckinsale is the female lead.

Mark O'Keefe and Steven Wayne Koren wrote the script, with Tim Herlihy rewriting.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Kal

I though Hasselhoff was going to marry SpongeBob and move to the pineapple under the sea... damnit he is still here!

Stefen

MAC, IS ALLEN COVERT IN THE FILM?!@!!11one!!1
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

mogwai

Sandler To Be a Dad

Adam Sandler is gearing up for life as a real-life dad, after learning that his wife Jackie is pregnant. Pals of the couple tell People magazine they're expecting their first child to arrive in the spring. The pair, who exchanged nuptials in 2003, have been together for seven years. Jackie, a model and actress, had a brief role in Sandler's Big Daddy, playing the waitress who takes his order for a root beer in the sports bar scene.

MacGuffin

'Pronounce' weds James with Sandler
Source: Hollywood Reporter

Adam Sandler and Kevin James are in negotiations to play firefighters who pretend to be a gay couple in Universal Pictures "I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry."

"Wedding Crashers" helmer David Dobkin is attached to direct the long-gestating comedy, which is being produced by Shady Acres' Tom Shadyac and Michael Bostick and Happy Madison's Jack Giarraputo.

The firefighters in "Chuck and Larry" pose as a married gay couple in order to receive domestic partner benefits. Alexander Payne and James Taylor, the Oscar-winning team behind "Sideways" and "About Schmidt," have written the current draft of the screenplay based on a treatment by Lew Gallo.

The coming together of Sandler and James finally puts the project, which has been at the studio since the late 1990s, on the runway. A parade of writers including Gary Ross, Jon Favreau and Lowell Ganz and Babaloo Mandel has hammered out drafts over the years, and various combinations of actors such as Will Smith and Nicolas Cage, Smith and James Gandolfini and Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson have flirted with the movie.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

hedwig

that could be funny, considering the abundance of potential funniness.

POTENTIAL FUNNINESS:
Adam Sandler  [8.5/10]
David Dobkin   [7/10, will hopefully go dairy-free this time]
Alexander Payne and James Taylor   [8/10]
and as a bonus, Kevin James*  [7/10]
*based on King of Queens, i havn't seen his stand-up

odd, i'd never before heard of this long-gestating fake-gay-firefighter-couple comedy script and its various combinations of writers and actors. the coulda-been's are amazing. imagine, Will Smith and James Gandolfini would've been INSANE :shock:.

Ravi

I never thought that Tom Shadyac, Alexander Payne, and Adam Sandler would work on a film together  :shock:

pumba

Benchwarmers is going to be dooooope.