Kevin Spacey

Started by filmcritic, July 26, 2003, 10:23:47 AM

filmcritic

I liked him in "Pay It Forward", but I didn't like the movie very much. The ending didn't work at all.
"You're too kind."
-Richard Roeper

"You're too cruel."
-Roger Ebert

MacGuffin

Hey filmcritic, how old are you?
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

filmcritic

"You're too kind."
-Richard Roeper

"You're too cruel."
-Roger Ebert

phil marlowe

Quote from: MacGuffinHey filmcritic, how old are you?
thank you.

Quote from: filmcriticOld as the Hills
ahh come on, thats is just so stupid. why wont you tell us your age?

MacGuffin

Quote from: filmcriticOld as the Hills

The ones on your grandma's chest or your baby sister's?
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

filmcritic

"You're too kind."
-Richard Roeper

"You're too cruel."
-Roger Ebert

phil marlowe

Quote from: filmcriticWhy so curious?
i'm not, it's a bad pickup line. do you have something to hide?

filmcritic

...I don't think so. :?
"You're too kind."
-Richard Roeper

"You're too cruel."
-Roger Ebert

phil marlowe

then why are you hiding it?

filmcritic

"You're too kind."
-Richard Roeper

"You're too cruel."
-Roger Ebert

phil marlowe

a fuck man, then i'm gonna have to wait for like 37 years to as sophisticated as you. do you smoke?

filmcritic

"You're too kind."
-Richard Roeper

"You're too cruel."
-Roger Ebert

phil marlowe

okay, then i'm a leap closer. thank you sir.

mogwai

Spacey Attacked in London Park

Hollywood star Kevin Spacey has been brutally mugged in a London park. The Oscar-winner told police he was attacked and his mobile phone was stolen while he walked his dog in south London's Geraldine Mary Harmsworth Park at 4.30am on Saturday. But Spacey - who was treated in hospital for a minor head injury - stunned police by returning to the station where he reported the crime, to withdraw his claim. A Scotland Yard spokesperson says, "He had a head injury and said he'd been robbed of his phone. But he returned and withdrew the theft allegation. As far as police are concerned, there's no crime to investigate." The park, close to the Old Vic Theatre where Spacey is artistic director, is not a known danger spot.

cine

Quote from: mogwaiSpacey Attacked in London Park
Spacey 'comes clean' over 'attack'

LONDON, England -- Oscar-winning film star Kevin Spacey has "come clean" about why he told police he had been mugged in a London park but then dropped the complaint.

The actor said he reported "the attack" after a youth conned him into handing over his mobile phone while he was walking his dog early Saturday morning.

He said he actually injured himself when he tripped over his pet as he chased the youth.

But he told police he had been attacked in the hope they would "run out and find this kid a block later," the UK Press Association reported.

Spacey, who was made artistic director of London's Old Vic theater last year, told the BBC: "I am very well, and I am also glad to set the record straight here and also to apologize, because there is no reason that this article would have been written if it hadn't been for me and what I initially said to the police.

"What actually happened is, I fell for a con. And I was, I think, incredibly embarrassed by it. Some sob story about somebody needing to call their mother and could they use my phone.

"It was such a good con, that I actually dialed the number myself and when somebody answered I then finally handed (over) my phone.

"And this kid took off and I was so upset I ran after him.

"It was late in the morning and I was walking my dog, it was about 4a.m., and I tripped up over my dog, and I ended up falling on to the street and hitting myself in the head.

"And now I'm bleeding relatively profusely, I'm extremely upset, I feel like the biggest fool that has ever lived.

"I march over to the police station and I say I got mugged. And I'm thinking they are going to run out and find this kid a block later. Of course they take me to the hospital, and they were very kind.

"That is one of the reasons I went back on Saturday morning to the police station.

"Because I woke up after a couple of hours' sleep and I thought you know there is a difference between assault and theft and it just wasn't on for me to not come clean about my own level of embarrassment and being humble at the fact that I got taken by the oldest con going.

"I just want to apologize to the police, and any readers and anyone who picks up this story thinking it is actually true.

"I'm fine. It is probably good that I got bumped on the head because obviously I wasn't thinking."

Spacey was asked what he was doing in the park at 4 a.m. He said: "You know walking your dog in the park is a perfectly normal thing to do, but you know I think that they are always trying to, you know, (say) 'What was he doing in that park at 4.30 a.m.?' My doggy had to go!"

Spacey, 44, who won Oscars for his roles in "The Usual Suspects" and "American Beauty," told police he was attacked in the Geraldine Mary Harmsworth Park in Lambeth, south London.

A Scotland Yard spokesman said: "A man attended a London police station at about 5 a.m. on April 17 suffering a minor head injury.

"He reported robbery of his mobile phone whilst walking his dog in Geraldine Mary Harmsworth Park.

"He later contacted police that day and withdrew the allegation. That is the end of it from our point of view."