Kevin Spacey

Started by filmcritic, July 26, 2003, 10:23:47 AM

filmcritic

Kevin Spacey is a great American actor. Everytime he's been to the Oscars, he's won. He's probably my second favorite actor out there. He was great in "American Beauty", "The Shipping News", "K-Pax", "The Big Kahuna", "The Usual Suspects" and the list goes on. The only film that I didn't like him in was his most recent, "The Life of David Gale". Otherwise, he's terrific.

Happy 44, Spacey!
"You're too kind."
-Richard Roeper

"You're too cruel."
-Roger Ebert

Ghostboy

I never saw The Shipping News, but I haven't liked any of his performances since American Beauty. Except for Big Kahuna, but he made that before American Beauty. Up until he won that Best Actor award, though, he was a consistent sign of quality work.

Kevin Spacey,  why hast thou gone afoul?

filmcritic

I thought he was terrible in "The Life of David Gale" but you should really see "The Shipping News". He was great in that and he got a Golden Globe nomination off of it.
"You're too kind."
-Richard Roeper

"You're too cruel."
-Roger Ebert

phil marlowe

the only memorable abot the shipping news was the nasty nasty presence of judy dench, spaceys performance was okay i guess, not memorable though.

i agree that he maybe turning into something not so good and i'm basing thing absolutely nothing but the k-pax trailer. looked like meet joe black in a bad b-movie remake.

i think he has a very minimal range but is excelent when given a role he fits.

MacGuffin

It's more comfortable for you to label me as insane.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

ElPandaRoyal

All was great in my admiration for Kevin Spacey....... but then he had to do "Pay It Foward" :cry:

Just kidding... I think he's really great in most of what he does... Se7en, The Usual Suspects, L.A. Confidential, American Beauty, and other memorable roles... But I just fucking HATE PAY IT FORWARD TO DEATH. What a waste of talent and a nice premisse... all wasted in one of the most pathetic screenplays ever done. And the ending..... oh, the ending.........  :?
Si

NEON MERCURY

I think he is great but i would like him to play other roles he seems to play the same kind of character in every film..think......think.......thinking.........

oh yeah look(in terms of characteristics of  his characters he plays )you can seem HUGE similarities of characters in the films...se7en, american beauty...l. a. confidential...the usual suspects....there are alot of similarities he needs to make like a tree and branch out

AK

K PAX....

wanna commit suicide cuz that movie as much I did for Julie Moore in Evolution....

still...

QuoteKevin Spacey is a great American actor

no , He is THE great american actor besides Ed Norton....

Never forget Kaiser Soze and Joe Doe....just the best....

jokerspath

Pay It Forward is probably the film I have disliked more than any other film I've seen in the past five years.

He spoke at my school six months ago, but I missed it.  I'm told he was a very entertaining speaker...

aw
THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

Alethia

i havent liked him in anything since american beauty.  actually, i kind of enjoyed K-PAX.  i fucking hated pay it forward, shipping news (agggggh), and life of david gale (agggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh)......

filmcritic

"The Life of David Gale" - what was he thinking!?  :(
"You're too kind."
-Richard Roeper

"You're too cruel."
-Roger Ebert

Cecil

Quote from: filmcritic"The Life of David Gale" - what was he thinking!?  :(

"hmm. a twist at the end. its oscar time for me yet again!"

filmcritic

A twist at the end? It wasn't much of a twist for me. Of course, the movie was so bad I guess it didn't matter.
"You're too kind."
-Richard Roeper

"You're too cruel."
-Roger Ebert

Sleuth

You're so smart 8) and kewl
I like to hug dogs

phil marlowe

hey filmcritic, how old are you?